PPAW : About the Show & The Participants

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
😊 WELCOME 😊
To

About The Show

They're young, rich, famous and in love. And now they are ready to take their relationship to the next level.  But will they survive the experience?  After the spectacular success of Rakhi ka Swayamvar, NDTV Imagine presents Pati, Patni Aur Woh, a groundbreaking show that puts the 'real' back into 'reality' programming.  This new show will remove 5 unique celebrity couples from their glamorous lives and thrust them into the 'real' world where they will become parents!

Pati, Patni Aur Woh is an adaptation of the hit international format by Love Productions called Baby Borrowers and will be produced by BBC Worldwide Productions India.

Taking on the parenting challenge are India's most loved television stars and real life couples:

Television's Ram and Sita
Debina Bonnerjee and Gurmeet Chaudhary

---------------------------------------------

Happily married for many years, the glamorous couple
Shilpa Saklani and Apurva Agnihotri

Recently engaged and India's most talked about couple
Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala

On screen favorites and off screen newly-weds
Juhi Parmar and  Sachin Shroff

--------------------------------------------

The scorching couple whose relationship is much talked about
Mouni Roy and Gaurav Chopra

Pati, Patni Aur Woh allows these couples to go through the challenging, frustrating but rewarding experience of parenthood ' from infancy to adolescence.
The couples will spend an entire month in a closed environment, monitored by cameras 24X7 which will capture their journey as they embark on a new life of discovery as first time parents.

Their journey will be divided into five stages:

• Pregnancy: The women will be made to wear empathy bellies similar to that of a woman who is 8 months pregnant and will have to attend pre-natal classes. 
  • Infants: A new born baby will be handed over to the couples and they will have to take care of it's every need, including feeding, changing nappies and erratic sleep schedules.
  • Toddlers: They come in next, with their own set of demands and tantrums
  • Pre-teen and Teenagers: These are the rebellious years when parents need to learn how to discipline children, without alienating them.
  • The Elderly: Life comes a full circle with the arrival of the elderly and the couples will need to show maturity and understanding in dealing with them
The children taking part in the show are real life infants, toddlers, pre-teens and teenagers. Their parents will be behind the scenes 24x7, monitoring their child and the couple, through the cameras, in close proximity. 

Throughout the series the couples will continue to live their everyday lives - just like the rest of us. They will have to fulfill the many social and professional obligations that come with parenthood - from entertaining relatives, in- laws and guests to performing ceremonies and taking part in other activities like parties and picnics and of course ensuring that the kids finish their homework!  AND ALL THIS WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM NANNIES, HOUSE HELP OR THEIR PARENTS AND OPERATE WITHIN A LIMITED MIDDLE CLASS BUDGET.

Announcing the launch of this unique show, Shailja Kejriwal ' EVP Content, NDTV Imagine said, "This is as real as it gets!  With Pati, Patni Aur Woh, audiences will see these famous couples in real life situations and be part of their first journey into parenthood; sharing their joys, sorrows, trials and achievements.  We believe that the show will not only resonate with all audiences and will also be a great fun experience for the younger generation, who plan to start their own families in the future.  Patni, Patni Aur Woh promises to be an emotional rollercoaster through many unique situations, each handled differently by the various couples!"

Adds Saul Nass, General Manager and Creative Head of BBC Worldwide Productions India:
"Baby Borrowers is a unique and highly entertaining format with a social experiment at its heart. It is undoubtedly one of the most interesting reality formats on the market and makes for compelling viewing packed with tears and tantrums, as much from the couples as the terrible twos! Baby Borrowers is another example of the success of British programming, and in particular British formats. I am sure it will translate well to the Indian market with Pati, Patni Aur Woh's exciting mix of celebrity glamour and real life drama."

It's time for our very special couples to realize'bachchu, life nahin hai ladoo.

Sharad Kelkar to host 'Pati Patni Aur Woh'

Source : www.ndtvimagine.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy

Thanks & Regards

Pati Patni Aur Woh
Forum

Edited by starry.phoenix - 14 years ago

Yupp!
Here's a reality show with a bump-a baby bump! NDTV Imagine  along with BBC World presents Pati, Patni aur Woh, the desi version of The Baby Borrowers.

Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala were given a very chubby child. Rakhi at first happily took the bonny child in her arms and then suddenly getting aware of its weight slipped it to Elesh. The rest of the time she was happy just to play with her baby from a distance while Elesh like a good dad held the baby responsibly. Soon the photographers requested Rakhi to pose with her baby and Rakhi apprehensively took the child, but inch by inch the child started sliding on her hips. Elesh finally decided its better to avoid risk and took the baby from her. We think we heard a sigh of relief from the audience then!!

Was it planned or just a coincidence with Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff. Can't say and can't stop wondering too! Because, the kid truly resembled Juhi and to add to that effect both Juhi and her baby were dressed in the same shade of pink. Juhi and Sachin seemed like the parents who would definitely spoil their child rotten. During the whole time that the baby was with them, they kept showering her with kisses! We also saw a future celebrity in their baby as she confidently posed for the cameras.

Gaurav Chopra and Mouni Roy also got a child who was just like them. Their baby was one with prominently long legs which he used pretty effectively to kick Gaurav (eeks!). The baccha indeed gave a very hard time to both the lovers. He just wouldn't stop crying. Guess, the adventurous couple that they are, they got an equally challenging child.

Shilpa Saklani and Apoorva Agnihotri turned out to be the blessed couple among the lot. Their baby was surprisingly well behaved and quite. Not even a hint of annoyance was on the baby's face.  Well, this doesn't mean Shilpa and Apoorva will have a cakewalk though. No matter how well behaved she is, she will do her number one and number two'

Television's Ram and Sita aka Gurmeet Choudhary and Debinna Bonnerjee got a baby boy. Debina was clearly not at all prepared to hold the baby. And her efforts to better her ways got the calm baby annoyed who started wailing. The baby got even more irritated when the shutterbugs started flashing at him. However, the young duo managed to calm their baby down with their joint petting.

Source : www.india-forums.com
Edited by starry.phoenix - 14 years ago
About Gurmeet and Debina
Gurmeet bio graphy link
http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/2814/gurmeet-choudhary/biography/
Debina biography link
http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/2679/debina-bonnerjee/biography/

their active fanclub link(join it for sure you will have great fun)😃

Gurmeet debina Hum Fan Club-11...

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1239421
Gurmeet Debina Fan Club -10
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1230051

Originally posted by sam1903

About Gurmeet and Debina
Gurmeet bio graphy link
http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/2814/gurmeet-choudhary/biography/
Debina biography link
http://www.india-forums.com/celebrity/2679/debina-bonnerjee/biography/

their active fanclub link(join it for sure you will have great fun)😃

Gurmeet debina Hum Fan Club-11...

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1239421
Gurmeet Debina Fan Club -10
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1230051

plz do not post links for the fan club..this place is meant 4 d links related to the show....u can post these in thr Fan lubs on the PPAW Forum... Post only relevant posts here...thnksss
Originally posted by starry.phoenix

plz do not post links for the fan club..this place is meant 4 d links related to the show....u can post these in thr Fan lubs on the PPAW Forum... Post only relevant posts here...thnksss

these libnks are very much related to show as these links belong to Gurmeet and debina who are part of this show
starry.phoenix
why are u giving such msgs you are just a member not from any development  team i think these rights are of development team . its better let devlopment team give me such warnings if they feel like u should not do anything like that

August 11th, 2009 - 3:53 am ICT by sampurn -

The most hit and famous on-screen jodi of Ram and Sita, Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonerjee are back on-screen together with Pati Patni Aur Woh. With this show they finally reveal their on-going relationship to the world.
What took you so long to reveal your relationship?
Gurmeet: I thought that this is the right time to talk about our four years of relationship to the world. Also, we wanted to shock the audience that we are together.
Debina: I want to correct Gurmeet, we are together since four and a half years, and are grateful to get the big break on TV as Ram and Sita.
Why did you choose to do this show?
Gurmeet: It is a unique concept and a new experience for us, where we have to take care of the babies as their parents. Alongside there is no bitching or eating worm in the show, as it is very clean. I hope people like us in this show as well.
Debina: Gurmeet is very nice person and has always supported me, and even in this show he will take all my tension by handling and taking proper care of the baby.
Gurmeet: I don't know who will be handling the baby and who will be taking care of the kitchen. All the BBC guys tease me, as I don't know how to cook.
Debina: I have been telling him to learn cooking, but he is just not listening. What if he will be given the task of cooking? Then it seems we will be having jala (burn) khana in the show (grins). Or else, I had to teach him the same on the show.
Have you any time dealt with infants or toddlers in your real life?
Gurmeet: I haven't dealt much, but yes my brother has a smart and cute little boy and I love him much. Also, my sister has a cute and pretty looking daughter whom I adore much, but haven't dealt with them on daily basis, as changing their nappies or cleaning their potty.
Debina: I haven't dealt with kids so much beside the one in my show, Luv and Kush, that also just for few hours.
Don't you think that the condition of these infants and toddlers can create controversies?
Gurmeet: I don't think so, as the production house will be taking their real parents too, but the fact only remains that they will be monitoring their child from the other room through CCTV. Also, there are precautions and doctors available.
We have gone through medical and psychological test to see to it that we don't hurt the little ones in any case, and that, we will be able to handle the stress in any situation. Their parents can intervene if they think that we are not able to handle their child well.
Debina: We have gone thorough lots of medical test. They have taken 3 bottles of my blood. I am most scared of the needles, but then had no other choice but to cry and do all the tests.
One thing you are looking and not looking forward to, in the show?
Debina: For the first time we won't be acting on-screen, this is what I am looking forward to. On the other hand, I don't want to look forward for the jala hua khana from Gurmeet's kitchen.
What do you expect, a girl or a boy child in the show?
Both: There are no choices for us, but we don't mind parenting either of them.
-Rachana Trivedi/ Sampurn Media

Ok Sam..i wont say anythin nw...u can do wtevr u feel like....
Most Welcome....the Show is Commencin on 28th Sept. '09 @ 10:30 pm.
Originally posted by KMH_Arjuhi

Thanks

enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy😉