PPAW : Articles Corner No COMMENTS

Posted: 14 years ago
WELCOME
To
ARTICLES CORNER
OF

Please Post All The Articles Related to this Show On this Thread,

Use The LIKE BUTTON to Appreciate the Post & the Members effort too...

Do Not Post any Comments in This Thread as they'll Be Deleted there After.

Enjoy

Thanks & Regards

Pati Patni Aur Woh
Forum

Rakhi Sawant to get a Taste of Parenthood

The final episode of NDTV Imagine's marriage-based reality show, 'Rakhi Ka Swayamvar', got the ratings of 8.4 TRPs on August 2, 2009, thus getting the highest score for a non-fiction show till now in 2009.

Inspired and all geared up by this, the channel is coming up with yet another show, 'Pati, Patni Aur Woh', with five real life television star couples who would be taking up the parenting challenge. The five couples are Rakhi Sawant and her 'official husband' Elesh Parujanwala along with four other celebrity couples ' Shilpa Saklani and Apurva Agnihotri; Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff; Mouni Roy and Gaurav Chopra; and Debina Bonnerjee and Gurmeet Chaudhary.

Nikhil Madhok, vice-president, marketing, NDTV Imagine, explains, "Some time back, there were two-three shows being launched annually and these shows were being replaced after a long period. Now every other month, there is a new launch as channels have at least six-seven new shows lined up for a year."

The show which is based on 'The Baby Borrowers (BBC Worldwide Productions)', will have the contestant couples deal with five stages of parenthood ' Dummy pregnancy, handling infants, handling toddles,handling rebellious teenagers and then grown up kids.

Meanwhile, Rakhi has even decided on a name for her child. "I will call her Khushi," she says. Talking about the concept of the show, she says, "I don't know. All I know is that I am going in a house just to have a picnic for one month."

Rakhi now has a Baby

Rahki Sawant is turning out to be the reality queen of small screen India. The actress would now be seen in a new reality show called Pati Patni aur Woh in which she would appear along with 4other celebrity couples.

The show would go live on NDTV Imagine. These couples would be raring a baby each, live on TV. Good fun for the audience. Seen here is Rakhi with her fiance Ellesh and the baby she would rare!

Edited by starry.phoenix - 14 years ago

Sharad Kelkar to host 'Pati Patni Aur Woh'

Sharad Kelkar impressed his fans during his hosting stint on Zee TV's 'Rock and Roll Family' which was judged by Bollywood actors Kajol, Ajay Devgan and Tanuja.

And now the actor is back once again as a host. According to sources, Sharad will host NDTV Imagine's Pati Patni aur Woh. The show is an adaptation of the international show The Baby Borrowers where celebrity couples have to take care of children of different age-groups. The celebrity couples have to take care of infants, toddlers and teenagers.

Informs a source, "Initially one wasn't sure if the show really required a host but later we finalised on Sharad Kelkar. He will be hosting the show alone. The crew is leaving for Goa tomorrow and the show will run for a span of one month."

The show will kick start sometime in September and will have newly weds Juhi Parmar - Sachin Shroff, Rakhi Sawant - Elesh, Gurmeet Chaudhary - Debina Bonnerjee, Shilpa Saklani - Apoorva Agnihotri and Mouni Roy - Gaurav Chopra.

Just Pati Patni; Not Mummy Daddy

Pati Patni Aur Woh, NDTV Imagine's latest serving on the already overflowing buffet table of reality shows, is custom made to put couples ill at ease. No not by introducing a seductress or a hunk as the 'woh' but by placing a child between them!

Yupp! Here's a reality show with a bump-a baby bump! NDTV Imagine along with BBC World presents Pati, Patni aur Woh, the desi version of The Baby Borrowers.

And to give the celebrity contestants a feel of the show, they were asked to handle their 'babies' for a trial time of around twenty minutes during the introductory press conference held by the channel. That should be easy right? Well, here's the lowdown of how each couple handled their baby.

Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala were given a very chubby child. Rakhi at first happily took the bonny child in her arms and then suddenly getting aware of its weight slipped it to Elesh. The rest of the time she was happy just to play with her baby from a distance while Elesh like a good dad held the baby responsibly. Soon the photographers requested Rakhi to pose with her baby and Rakhi apprehensively took the child, but inch by inch the child started sliding on her hips. Elesh finally decided its better to avoid risk and took the baby from her. We think we heard a sigh of relief from the audience then!!

Was it planned or just a coincidence with Juhi Parmar and Sachin Shroff. Can't say and can't stop wondering too! Because, the kid truly resembled Juhi and to add to that effect both Juhi and her baby were dressed in the same shade of pink. Juhi and Sachin seemed like the parents who would definitely spoil their child rotten. During the whole time that the baby was with them, they kept showering her with kisses! We also saw a future celebrity in their baby as she confidently posed for the cameras.

Gaurav Chopra and Mouni Roy also got a child who was just like them. Their baby was one with prominently long legs which he used pretty effectively to kick Gaurav (eeks!). The baccha indeed gave a very hard time to both the lovers. He just wouldn't stop crying. Guess, the adventurous couple that they are, they got an equally challenging child.

Shilpa Saklani and Apoorva Agnihotri turned out to be the blessed couple among the lot. Their baby was surprisingly well behaved and quite. Not even a hint of annoyance was on the baby's face. Well, this doesn't mean Shilpa and Apoorva will have a cakewalk though. No matter how well behaved she is, she will do her number one and number two…

Television's Ram and Sita aka Gurmeet Choudhary and Debinna Bonnerjee got a baby boy. Debina was clearly not at all prepared to hold the baby. And her efforts to better her ways got the calm baby annoyed who started wailing. The baby got even more irritated when the shutterbugs started flashing at him. However, the young duo managed to calm their baby down with their joint petting.
Ram Sita ke beech Rakhi Sawant!

The show Pati Patni Aur Woh has not yet started, but its already hitting the news, and that too for all the wrong reasons. Well this time, it's Rakhi who is creating problems between Ram and Sita, aka Gurmeet and Debina.
"Rakhi has been briefed to take paanga with Debina and Gurmeet and she is all set to get the TRP's for the channel."

But the query is- Why are the duo fighting. "Gurmeet is a very different person; he says that his family has taught him to stay away from the people who create trouble in your life. Never give them importance by reciprocating to their acts, while Debina is of a totally opposite point of view."

"She will not take any nonsense from Rakhi and is ready to give her the answer, if the latter takes any paanga. Due to this, tiff occurs between Debina and Gurmeet," concludes the source.

Well we can just advice Rakhi- ki bach ke rehna, as both Ram and Sita are kickboxing champs!Edited by starry.phoenix - 14 years ago

We are not thinking about marriage- Gaurav and Mouni

Gaurav Chopra and Mouni Roy fell in love on the sets of Zara Nach Ke Dikha and today they are taking their relationship ahead by coming together in a reality show where the duo needs to check their parenting skill. We are talking about their stint in Pati Patni Aur Woh on Imagine.

"We took a month to decide whether we want to do this show or not. I feel this is going to be a great experience, as we will find out what we will go through in real life in the years to come. Another factor is that we are getting good price to be on this show," grins Gaurav.

When asked if they have ever handled a baby, Mouni replied, "My brother is 11 years younger to me and there are kids of my friends, with whom I have spent time. It was never like handling them and taking care. Even before going in the show, there is no plan or strategy as such that we will be using."

The best part according to Gaurav is that he and Mouni get to stay together, as he says, "We will be staying together.

" Who will be handling the cooking department, we ask. Gaurav quickly pointed out to Mouni. "I will be cooking, as I know I can do that pretty well," she quips.
Gaurav and Mouni had been out of the fiction world since a long time, and now all of a sudden they are coming together in a reality show. Why just reality? "It's not just reality or fiction, but the matter of good work. I've done three reality shows in three years. Basically, it's the conscious effort to take good work," chirps Mouni.
"We are getting greedy and reality shows pay you well, thus we are here," laughs Gaurav. "But frankly speaking we are looking out to do something unique and at the same time do some good work. Pati Patni Aur Woh has both," he adds further.
When asked about their future plan of becoming pati and patni, Mouni quickly replies, "We are not thinking about it as of now." "You may never know what happens after this show," concludes Gaurav.
Well this is one couple which seems to be quite interesting so let's see how well they can handle their life with a nanhe guest on

Pati, Patni Aur Narayani!

"Blame it on bad scripts or less money," she says, "But I am happy doing the reality shows for now." She'll now be seen in yet another reality show called Pati, Patni aur Woh with beau Gaurav Chopraa. The show name did catch our fancy and we couldn't help but ask Mouni if she ever felt insecure about Narayani Shastri being a constant fixture in Gaurav's life.

"Is this story about the show, me or Narayani? Why does she have to come into the picture? Narayani doesn't need to get into this conversation. I'm not
info about pati patni and vo show

Sharad Kelkar to host Pati Patni Aur Woh?

And now the actor is back once again as a host. According to sources, Sharad will host NDTV Imagine's Pati Patni aur Woh. The show is an adaptation of the international show The Baby Borrowers where celebrity couples have to take care of children of different age-groups. The celebrity couples have to take care of infants, toddlers and teenagers.

Informs a source, "Initially one wasn't sure if the show really required a host but later we finalised on Sharad Kelkar. He will be hosting the show alone. The crew is leaving for Goa tomorrow and the show will run for a span of one month."

The show will kick start sometime in September and will have newly weds Juhi Parmar - Sachin Shroff, Rakhi Sawant - Elesh, Gurmeet Chaudhary - Debina Bonnerjee, Shilpa Saklani - Apoorva Agnihotri and Mouni Roy - Gaurav Chopra.

August 11th, 2009 - 3:53 am ICT by sampurn -

The most hit and famous on-screen jodi of Ram and Sita, Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonerjee are back on-screen together with Pati Patni Aur Woh. With this show they finally reveal their on-going relationship to the world.
What took you so long to reveal your relationship?
Gurmeet: I thought that this is the right time to talk about our four years of relationship to the world. Also, we wanted to shock the audience that we are together.
Debina: I want to correct Gurmeet, we are together since four and a half years, and are grateful to get the big break on TV as Ram and Sita.
Why did you choose to do this show?
Gurmeet: It is a unique concept and a new experience for us, where we have to take care of the babies as their parents. Alongside there is no bitching or eating worm in the show, as it is very clean. I hope people like us in this show as well.
Debina: Gurmeet is very nice person and has always supported me, and even in this show he will take all my tension by handling and taking proper care of the baby.
Gurmeet: I don't know who will be handling the baby and who will be taking care of the kitchen. All the BBC guys tease me, as I don't know how to cook.
Debina: I have been telling him to learn cooking, but he is just not listening. What if he will be given the task of cooking? Then it seems we will be having jala (burn) khana in the show (grins). Or else, I had to teach him the same on the show.
Have you any time dealt with infants or toddlers in your real life?
Gurmeet: I haven't dealt much, but yes my brother has a smart and cute little boy and I love him much. Also, my sister has a cute and pretty looking daughter whom I adore much, but haven't dealt with them on daily basis, as changing their nappies or cleaning their potty.
Debina: I haven't dealt with kids so much beside the one in my show, Luv and Kush, that also just for few hours.
Don't you think that the condition of these infants and toddlers can create controversies?
Gurmeet: I don't think so, as the production house will be taking their real parents too, but the fact only remains that they will be monitoring their child from the other room through CCTV. Also, there are precautions and doctors available.
We have gone through medical and psychological test to see to it that we don't hurt the little ones in any case, and that, we will be able to handle the stress in any situation. Their parents can intervene if they think that we are not able to handle their child well.
Debina: We have gone thorough lots of medical test. They have taken 3 bottles of my blood. I am most scared of the needles, but then had no other choice but to cry and do all the tests.
One thing you are looking and not looking forward to, in the show?
Debina: For the first time we won't be acting on-screen, this is what I am looking forward to. On the other hand, I don't want to look forward for the jala hua khana from Gurmeet's kitchen.
What do you expect, a girl or a boy child in the show?
Both: There are no choices for us, but we don't mind parenting either of them.
-Rachana Trivedi/ Sampurn Media

'There are still miles to go before I sleep' - Debina Bonnerjee
19 November 2008

Debina Bonnerjee, better known as Sita of Ramayan on NDTV Imagine has a huge fan following. But very few people know that the actress is a trained Kathak dancer. And even fewer know that she was smitten by the glamor world seeing Sushmita Sen win the Miss Universe crown.

When offered the role, the actress was very excited to take up the challenge of playing a pivotal role of Sita Devi. Speaking about her auditions Debina says, "I had done many regional movies. Gurmeet acted with me in a Tamil serial, Mayavi. The CD of the serial was given to Sagar Arts and seeing that they selected us for the roles. "The funny part is that I did not even know that I was auditioning for the role of Sita", says she.

When asked how it feels to play a character that was popularly played by someone else before, Debina says, "It was very challenging for me to play this role. But as far as convincing my audience goes, I am sure that my audience will accept me, and Ramayan is the first mytho in this era. It was different and hence I took up the role. Not only that, people already have a fair knowledge about the epic, so it's easier to essay the role. The main thing here is to give our 100% to the role."

The young lass has participated in several beauty pageants in Kolkata. And with the support of her parents, she moved to Mumbai post her graduation and earned a Diploma in Public Relations from Bhavan's College. Annotating on her role further, she quips, "I never wanted to play any role in television dailies. In fact like I said, I did not have any idea that I was auditioning for the role of Sita Devi. When selected, I realized how important this role was. This epic has always been close to my heart and to bag the role of Sita Devi is like 'icing on the cake for me'.

As the actress signs out she leaves us with some food for thought saying, "There are still miles to go before I sleep."
Edited by starry.phoenix - 14 years ago