PPAW : Articles Corner No COMMENTS - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago

Ram and Sita in a new show?
Gurmeet Chaudhary and Debina Bonnerjee, who played Ram and Sita in Ramayan, will soon be seen in a new show in which they play a couple again.

"It is still being planned. We have been offered a show, but we haven't signed it as yet. When we do, we will let you know about it." The show is supposed to be about children and both the actors, who are in the lead roles, will be taking care of the kids.

For the moment, Debina and Gurmeet are just enjoying their spare time. "We have been attending classes together, action classes, dance classes, and we even go to the gym together. We are looking for really unique roles," says Debina. Debina says that the couple is not interested in doing another mythological show, but is definitely interested in movies. The new show will be finalised in a couple of weeks, until when Debina hopes to enjoy some time off.

| ]
zz up!

Gurmeet Chaudhary and Debina Bonnerjee, who played Sita and Ram in Ramayan, will soon be seen together again in the new reality show Pati Patni Aur Woh.

They were not only the perfect onscreen couple, Gurmeet and Debina have been in an off-screen romantic relationship for over four years, which they kept under wraps during the shooting of Ramayan. "It was a great opportunity to play Ram and Sita, but we couldn't talk about it then. It's okay now because the show revolves around our relationship

. We will be in front of cameras all day with a child, and we have to manage for at least a month," says Gurmeet. "We will not be acting in the show, so that's one thing we are really looking forward to."

Debina has her apprehensions, but trusts Gurmeet's skills. "I do not know if I can manage kids or not but you (Gurmeet) will surely be able to do it," she says. "We don't know if we'll get a boy or a girl but we will have to take care of whoever comes." Gurmeet adds, "I hope things go smoothly and people will like us as parents. It is a good show, there is no bitching, or eating of insects; audiences too will come to know how difficult it is to take care of a kid, it will be useful for them too."

The couple has no experience of handling kids. "We've only interacted with Luv and Kush during the Ramayan shoot, and that too just for six hours," says Gurmeet. "Debina has been telling everyone that we will live happily with a kid but it will be difficult to handle it when the kid goes away. There is a god in each and every child." As the couple will have to manage on a limited budget, Debina is happy that Gurmeet will have to cook because he won't have a choice. She says, "He is not even ready to learn now. He thinks he will be able to learn it there. It's not that easy, though I'm ready to eat burnt food too."

Both actors went through a lot of tests to check their suitability as parents, before getting onto the show. "The production house and channel have taken a lot of effort. We went for medical check-ups and psychological tests. Neither by accident or deliberation will we hurt the kid," says Debina. "There will be 24-hour observation and people behind the cameras who can handle a crisis. Their parents are also going to be on the sets. If anyone is going to be under pressure, it's going to be us."

Edited by starry.phoenix - 14 years ago

Actor Shilpa Saklani says that it's home,

hubby and having babies that top her list.

Though actor Shilpa Saklani is playing the older Ganga in the 20-year-leap of 'Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi', she's unperturbed. She says, "In fact, I am wearing Indo-western clothes and my hairstyle is that of an executive. I am doing things that the younger Ganga couldn't."

Though offers are coming her way, Shilpa as of now is taking it easy with actor husband Apoorva Agnihotri (Arman Sir in 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin'). The couple are deliberately going slow with their careers. "We are just chilling out. We've been sleeping and getting up at leisure. We also enjoy watching films and having coffee with friends," says a content Shilpa.

Quiz her on how different life has been after marriage and she says, "It's been two years and the best thing is that life hasn't changed at all. Apoorva is a liberal husband and so there has been no effort on my part to change."

But she adds, "Contrary to my sari-clad serious image, I am boisterous and expressive with my feelings. I guess that irritates him a bit!" Interestingly it's also her warmth that she says appeals to her husband.

Where Apoorva is concerned, Shilpa admires his patience. She is candid about his flipside too. "He is very moody and switches from one mood to another," states the wife.

Where sharing screen space with him is concerned, Shilpa, who appeared with him in 'Jassi' and 'Nach Baliye', wouldn't miss an opportunity. "I have been his fan. He's truly one of the finest looking men who's also brilliant at his job. I enjoy working with him the most."

Quiz Shilpa on whether she's ambitious about her career and she surpriseswith her answer. "Yes I am ambitious about having a good marriage and a happy family life. I'd love to have kids after a year or so. Career has always been secondary to me," says Shilpa unpretentiously. She adds, "I have been lucky that I am not pressured to get that extra buck home. But I work so that I can contribute to the household in my way. We believe in easing out things for each other." She adds,"Marriage is a great institution, provided you get the right man. And having kids is the most beautiful thing."

Not my baby for Rakhi Sawant...
17 September 2009

Rakhi Sawant's antics actually made parents apprehensive about allowing their toddler kid to be raised by Rakhi in NDTV Imagine's show Pati Patni aur Woh.

Recently the much talked about couple Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parjunwala were roped in for NDTV Imagine's upcoming reality show Pati Patni Aur Woh which involves taking care of real life infants, toddlers etc.

Rakhi is loved by many for her antics and bindaas attitude but this image has also got her into a problem.  Most parents of infants refused to hand over their child to Rakhi as they were scared of her tantrums and safety of their child.

As per a source, the production house had a difficult time convincing the parents to let their child to Rakhi. Deepak & Prianca Aswal admitted and said "Yes, there was an apprehension and inhibition to give my child to Rakhi, as we had heard comments made by Rakhi when the show was announced, giving us jitters on how she will raise the kids. As parents we made sure that we expressed our concerns clearly to the production house and ensured that our child goes into safe hands."

But fortunately baby Jay's parents very confident that Rakhi will be the best mom as they knew that Rakhi loves children and without giving it a second thought, Jay's parents Shilpa and Kapil willingly handed over their jigar ka tukda to Rakhi and Elesh.

When asked, they said, "Yes we were very confident that our baby Jay could not get a better mother than Rakhi" .

Well we will really looking forward to see how Rakhi takes up this new role.

Rakhi Sawant buys gift for 'her' children

Item girl Rakhi Sawant is trying her best to be a perfect mother on NDTV Imagine's new reality show "Pati Patni Aur Woh" - she went on a shopping spree in the US to buy toys and clothes for the children she will be parenting on the show.

At different stages of the show, Rakhi will be taking care of kids from different age group -- from infant to adolescent.

According to a unit source, Rakhi purchased clothes for both boys and girls in the age group of six months to 10 years so that she can pamper 'her' kids on the show.

When Rakhi packed her bags to go from Mumbai to Goa, where the show will be shot, her luggage weighed around 60 kg.

"To manage all the stuff, she took her assistant and managers so that the weight of the luggage could be divided," said the source.

But since contestants are only allowed a limited amount of luggage on the show, she decided to part way with her own clothes rather than the gifts she bought for the kids.

"Pati Patni Aur Woh" will have Rakhi and her Canada-based businessman fiance Elesh Parujanwala as well as four other celebrity couples, who will be relocated from their glamorous lives to become parents. They will have to take care of infants as well as adolescents in course of the show.

Rakhi gives Elesh the boot

Rakhi Sawant has sent Elesh packing. She will not marry him and she doesn't want to have anything to do with him while they are not shooting

Cynics may say they saw this coming all the while but till Rakhi Sawant actually threw Elesh Parujanwala out of her life there was still some hope that the grand 23-episode Swayamvar reality show would actually end in marriage at some point.

Reportedly Rakhi incensed at Elesh's western ways, fluent English and insistence that their baby should be born in Canada has finally decided that she does not want to marry the man and has broken off the engagement. That he insists that she give up her career and move to Canada with him makes the prospect of marriage, scarier.

Elesh will leave for Canada today, a broken man. But he will keep his promise to the channel for which he is raising a false family with her and will return to shoot the next schedule.

Rakhi was all righteous indignation when asked about the split. 'I can't understand his fluent English, he can't understand Hindi at all,' she said petulantly. "Kaise chalega?"

Sources from the channel say that the whole of last week Rakhi has been finding fault with Elesh and highlighting his smallest mistakes to build a case for herself. "He has been as loving as ever but she has been a bitch," said the source. Rakhi though, refused to comment on the subject saying it was too personal.

With this, hopefully, the whole farce of love and marriage has come to an end.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Rakhi-gives-Elesh-the-boot/articleshow/5036175.cms

I'm scared to be a mother now: Rakhi Sawant

Rakhi who got engaged to Toronto-based businessman Elesh Parujanwala on national television and they are now learning the hardships of parenting on a reality show being shot here. The item girl confesses she is jittery about marriage and motherhood after having to change diapers and sing lullabies for a baby boy.

"I am very scared of being a mother now. I don't know what will happen when it happens in real life," Rakhi said at a villa here that has specially been hired for the show.

Rakhi is participating in NDTV Imagine's show "Pati Patni Aur Woh" with her fiance Elesh.

The duo, along with four other celebrity couples, have been relocated to five individual villas here and they have to take care of infants as well as adolescents in the course of the show that goes on air Sep 28.

Rakhi and Elesh, who seemed quite comfortable in each other's company, are quite upset with their experience so far after playing parents to an infant named Jai under constant vigilance of six cameras in the house.

"It's been a very bad experience till now. It's like 'aasmaan se gira khajoor mein atka'. There is no enjoyment here. The only enjoyment is probably that we are together," said Rakhi, who is sporting a new hairdo that she called "cute and Barbie-like".

"It's very difficult. We haven't even got married yet. I had never imagined I'll ever have to take care of kids like this and that too manage a kid who only cries and doesn't sleep. I had to change nappies when the kid pees and poops. It was disgusting. I didn't eat food for two days after that and couldn't even sleep properly," she whined.

The item girl-turned-actress and her fiance, whom she chose in a 'swayamvar' on national television, are also distressed with the fact that in the process of taking care of the child, they hardly get time to know more about each other.

Said Elesh: "Finding little things about each other is the last thing on our list because there is a kid to take care of. Whatever time we have to ourselves, we either say 'why don't you take a shower or watch the child, or take a nap or let's make something quickly or clean the house'. That's all.

"We had thought we will learn a lot about each other through this show. But instead we are learning about kids and running a household."

That is also a reason for their marriage being put on hold indefinitely.

"Wedding is a far-fetched talk right now. I have to settle down for now. And this is just our beginning. We are gradually getting to know each other. This show is teaching us a lot about life and ourselves," said Elesh.

Added Rakhi: "Wedding is surely a long way (off)."

Rakhi is also upset at missing out the fun of receiving compliments for her dance with actress Rani Mukerji in Yash Raj Films' just released "Dil Bole Hadippa".

"I haven't got any feedback. There's no time to see TV and there is no cable connection here," she rued as she snuggled up in Elesh's arms.

The other four celebrity couples participating in the show are Shilpa Saklani-Apurva Agnihotri, Juhi Parmar-Sachin Shroff, Mouni Roy-Gaurav Chopra and Gurmeet Chaudhary-Debina Bonnerjee.
Yeh shaadi nahin ho sakti

Rakhi cites 'irreconcilable differences' with Elesh, will announce that the marriage has been called off when her ongoing reality show ends

Rakhi Sawant and Elesh Parujanwala

They may be doing reality shows as a couple, but Rakhi Sawant has decided not to marry her Canadian fianc Elesh Parujanwala citing 'irreconcilable differences'.

As Rakhi is contract-bound, her close friend reveals, "They were never really meant to marry. In the last episode of Pati Patni Aur Woh, they will declare that they've called off their marriage."

Rakhi refrains from answering whether she will actually marry Elesh or not. But hinting clearly that nothing of that sort will happen, she says, "Bahut farq hai hum dono mein. Elesh and I belong to different cultures.

He thinks West, while I think East. I don't think an Indian girl should marry a boy with Western values (sic). During this new reality show, there were a lot of ups and downs between
Parents unwilling to give Rakhi their baby

Rakhi Sawant's penchant for controversy and devil-may-care attitude doesn't always work to her advantage. It was because of her public image that a few couples refused to give her and her fianc their babies for the reality show Pati Patni Aur Woh.

One couple, Deepak and Priyanka Awal, told journalists: "Let's face it, Rakhi and her attitude is something we were not comfortable with. We heard some comments she made in the media when the show was launched. She had said that she doesn't like babies. The way she throws tantrums is terrifying. We think any parent would like to make sure that the right people are taking care of their babies. The idea of her taking care of our child made us tense."

The couple eventually gave their 10-month-old baby Shaurya to Gaurav Chopra and Mouni Roy. They added, "We had a long conversation with them and realised that they are similar to us in terms of likes and dislikes. We knew that Shaurya would be in safe hands with them. We were okay with anyone but Rakhi."

After approaching several people, a Delhi-based couple – Shilpa and Kapil – finally agreed to give Rakhi and Elesh their baby, Jay. They said, "It did not matter to us what other parents thought about Rakhi and Elesh. We'll be watching our baby 24x7

Pati Patni Aur Woh will be airing from next week on NDTV Imagine, but even before the show launches, there had been lots of controversies already hounding it. Recently, a court had issued a notice to the show for mishandling the babies.

"The court has already slapped a notice to the show demanding to stop the shoot and scrap it from airing on the channel," says our khabroo.

Elaborating more on why the court has sent a notice, our source informs, "The celeb couple are mishandling the babies, and there had been complains from the parents of the children too. There had been lots of problem regarding these issues where parents are restrained to handle their own child, when he/ she goes on crying for hours."

"Even in Canada the show was taken off-air in the midst, due to the same issue. This show has already created a lot of hullabaloo in foreign countries and thus the NGO's supporting child labor has come forward and had asked the court to summon the notice. They are also appealing the junta to not watch the show," concludes the source.

The show will be airing from 28 September at 10:30 pm, so now lets see of how long is it able to sustain amidst these controversies.