Advice: Say I LOVE YOU to your loved ones....

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Eight years ago on the same day, something in the US changed forever.   We not only lost the people we loved but the new generation, the youth lost some of its innocence too.

People working the Trade Center lost their lives, and many firefighters and police officers lost their lives to save them.  We are proud of them, and may their souls rest in peace.  May God give their families courage.

I was in class this morning when my Prof. told us about this interview she was listening to on NPR of a guy who lost two of his sons

One was a firefighter and the other was a police officer.  He said that the night before he was talking to his firefighter son and before going off he said, "I love you, son" and he said, "I love you too, Dad."

Then the other day he was talking to his son who was a police officer when he got a call to respond to World Trade center and his dad said, "Take care, son, I love you." And his son said, "I love you too."

On Sept. 11, 2001, he lost both of his sons, but he was one lucky person who got to say I LOVE YOU before he lost his loved ones.  Most people weren't that lucky. 

So, take this as an advice or a suggestionAlways let your loved ones know that you love them.  We all fight and we all get mad at each other every now and then but it's important that at the same time we let them all know that we love them.  We don't know how long or short our or their lives are.  But we shouldn't be the ones to suffer the regret of not being able to tell them that we loved them.  We shouldn't suffer the idea that the last time we saw them we said, "I hate you" even though we didn't mean it.

We don't need Special days to say I LOVE YOU.  We don't need a Mother's day to tell our Mom that we love her truly.  We shouldn't need a Father's day to appreciate our Dads presence in our lives.  We shouldn't need a Friendship's Day to let our friends know how special they are.

So, please, let your loved ones know that they are special, that you love them every now and then.

In the memory of the 9/11 victims, let's make a point today of letting our loved ones know that we love them.  Hug them, send them a phone call, PM here on IF, or by any means of contacting them, let them know that you care and that you love them.

-Mahi

Edited by -Mystery- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mahi,

Great post and your absoloutely right.

I have said this before also, that we all fight with people we care about but we never know what will happen tomorrow so live each day like its your last and tell that person how much u mean to them :)

Tc
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Great post Mahi and very true. πŸ‘
Friends just don't take anything for granted because tomorrow is not promised to anyone. So don't put off doing things that you want to do with family and friends because you may never get to do it.
Delena-cious thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh mahi wonderful post!😭 so sad for the ppl who've lost their loved ones like that! and yes, always let them know that u love them cuz u never know wat wil happen next in your life
honeydaisy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow..a great post..thank you.
love all❀️
bimalkumar thumbnail
THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT ITS A GR8 POST ..........................
-LilyGurl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
brilliant post mahi
sorry for the ppl who lost theyre lives πŸ˜’

Here is my shout out:
I love u guys all friends& family