Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 14 years ago
@Ansh_Arti

My pleasure 😃

aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Hello !! I was trying to import a wmv video into Windows Movie Maker, and this error message was displayed:

The file  cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

Could someone please help me ? Thank you !!

Ishan. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Neetz-

It's probably because of your net speed, when the connection is weak or net speed is not fast enough, then the video stops halfway through. I suppose all you can do is keep trying, because there is no apparent solution to this problem unless you get a better connection.

Try to download from somewhere else, maybe that works 😊

Yeah zshare doesnt work for slow net connections !!! I have 2 connections one with 256 kbps and other with 512. Though i can download with 512 kbps, the video always gets stuck up with 256 !!! So its better to move to a fast internet connection !!! 😊

Ishan. thumbnail
Originally posted by: aa123.80

Hello !! I was trying to import a wmv video into Windows Movie Maker, and this error message was displayed:

The file  cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

Could someone please help me ? Thank you !!

Hi

go to tools then options and then in the General tab there will be an option called Download Codecs automatically . Check that box and select OK. Restart the software. I hope this works for u !!!

aa123.80 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you so much for the help !! I tried that, but that option was already checked. The error message continues to flash.

EDIT: I just figured it out !! Thank you so much. 😊
Edited by aa123.80 - 14 years ago
how do u donwload windows movie maker?

plzzzzzzzz help!
-JC- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Great job with the tutorials guys. Just a suggestion that someone makes an index of the tutorials so that as we go on we don't have to search through each page to find that one tutorial that is important to us.

Question: I used to have an acct on Youtube that got deleted due to copyright issues with my VMs. Don't think i want to use Youtube again. Anyone have any suggestions on where else i may upload my VMs?
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: -JC-

Great job with the tutorials guys. Just a suggestion that someone makes an index of the tutorials so that as we go on we don't have to search through each page to find that one tutorial that is important to us.

Question: I used to have an acct on Youtube that got deleted due to copyright issues with my VMs. Don't think i want to use Youtube again. Anyone have any suggestions on where else i may upload my VMs?

I like the Index idea 😃 We should get the mods to implement it :D

You could upload on Zshare, but it's not for public viewing, it's mainly to store a download link. As for the public viewing, there is no site which hosts Copyrighted material, YT just happens to be more stringent with it's rules.

You could try megaupload though -

http://www.megaupload.com/
Originally posted by: -Neetz-

I like the Index idea 😃 We should get the mods to implement it :D

You could upload on Zshare, but it's not for public viewing, it's mainly to store a download link. As for the public viewing, there is no site which hosts Copyrighted material, YT just happens to be more stringent with it's rules.

You could try megaupload though -

http://www.megaupload.com/

Liz, we must do the Index work 😃 . Its a nice idea .
Edited by shaktheback - 14 years ago
Ishan. thumbnail
Originally posted by: -JC-

Ok there is a trick by which u can avoid this !!!

see there are some companies like YRF , sony and some more that have put up copyright issues with YT. So whenever u name a video which may be a YRF song then it automatically gets detected and gets deleted.

for eg. if U write Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. It will get detected and deleted. But if u write RNBDJ then it wont get detected. If you want to put dance pe chance just name it as DPC. The only disadvantage is that people can search for ur video on youtube.

U can post the video link in ur vm thread and all ur IF friends can view it !!! BTW now a days YRF has changed its policy and instead of removing the video they just put  "Content Owned by : yrf " on the video page

eg :