Swapna, Updates on the Kids

Posted: 14 years ago
Is Rish adjusting well to school?

It's been a rocky road for my little fellow. He is tired from no naps, and I also had fever and a virus, but three days in a row, the school nurse asked me to come and pick him up because he was crying nonstop. The last day, she called me just as I was getting in the car to pick him and she said never mind, he has fallen asleep.

I feel very guilty about this full day of school and therapy sessions. When my daughter was this age, she had only a couple of hours of school a day, and the rest of the time was for activities and playing. I know they probably build all that into his day, and also that he would just withdraw into himself if he didn't have school. I am just being a big ol' softie...😭

Looks like back-to-school is tough on the whole family!

We are thinking of applying for some respite care. We are just exhausted from having no break, and since he is not so easy to babysit, we cannot easily find care for the kids so we can get away for the occasional evening.

On an amusing note, my son knows we are admiring him in his new school fashions, and he is quite the clothes horse himself, so he presents himself in the kitchen every morning for me to ooh and aaah over. Too funny!

Write soon!

Mahika.
Originally posted by MahikaL

Is Rish adjusting well to school?

It's been a rocky road for my little fellow. He is tired from no naps, and I also had fever and a virus, but three days in a row, the school nurse asked me to come and pick him up because he was crying nonstop. Awww The last day, she called me just as I was getting in the car to pick him and she said never mind, he has fallen asleep.

I feel very guilty about this full day of school and therapy sessions. When my daughter was this age, she had only a couple of hours of school a day, and the rest of the time was for activities and playing. I know they probably build all that into his day, and also that he would just withdraw into himself if he didn't have school. I am just being a big ol' softie...😭The sessions are usually play-way aren't they?  They take into account the fatigue factor............ don't worry Mummy your little boy is in good hands. 😊

Looks like back-to-school is tough on the whole family!

We are thinking of applying for some respite care. We are just exhausted from having no break, and since he is not so easy to babysit, we cannot easily find care for the kids so we can get away for the occasional evening.  You do need a break Mahi ........... I hope you'll find someone soon.

On an amusing note, my son knows we are admiring him in his new school fashions, and he is quite the clothes horse himself, so he presents himself in the kitchen every morning for me to ooh and aaah over. Too funny!  Thats just too cute...............

Write soon!

Mahika.

Sorry for butting in ........but I do find your conversations very interesting .......................

Oh, feel free to butt in whenever, skep. I love hearing your input too.

I am sitting at work and just gave up eating the most disgusting spinach stromboli. I didn't realize the spinach was going to be just steamed. Blech.

So then it made me laugh because I know for sure my son would have just spat it out. No hiding of what he really feels. But when someone asked me why I am not eating, I said very primly, "Oh, I am not that hungry."

Tee hee.

Mahika.
me too just adore reading you, my darling skep and swapna and so me butting in too and i loved the tee hee at the end, took me back to my schoolgirl days.....

Padma
Originally posted by lotus1963

me too just adore reading you, my darling skep and swapna and so me butting in too and i loved the tee hee at the end, took me back to my schoolgirl days.....

Padma

Hi Paddy, ...........nice to see you after so so many days..........................
Lotus, You are so funny! That's very true, how we used to talk and giggle and now we have to act so grown up.

My daughter and her friends are all at the age where, when they hug me, they have to wrap their arms around my waist. It makes me so nostalgic for my childhood, when I would throw myself onto my mother and she would shriek that I was messing up her sari.😆

Just found out that there is a waiting list of 10 months for extra speech therapy for my son. Good grief. No wonder Aditya has to shell out the big bucks for immediate services.

Mahika.

Originally posted by skeptical

Hi Paddy, ...........nice to see you after so so many days..........................
But I read every tiny little word you write Skep, just lap it all up and also wait for mahika and swapna. Feel as if I have lots in common with the three of you. Feel as if I know you all. Feel damn close to you.
Mahika wish I had been somewhere near you or even better that skep had been near you. We would have certainly helped and made you enjoy many evenings out!!!! So sad we both are so far away. Tsk tsk.
Love you all. Tee hee 
aww..ts nice to hear u both talking about ur little ones..it feels really nice and i love reading all about ur daily anecdotes 😳
Edited by princessunara - 14 years ago
This is why I love this forum. What a sweet bunch of people.❤️ I love reading everyone's responses to the show, and all the support for autistic kids.

If you all lived closer, yooooo betcha I would bring my son to get to know you guys. He loves being around people, as long as he gets to absorb everything from a distance.

I must confess it was a dreadful week, what with me being sick, and the poor fellow being tired at school. Just beginning to feel better. And of course, everyone loves to say, "Aaah, what if you have swine flu??!!"🐷

Mahika.
Originally posted by MahikaL

This is why I love this forum. What a sweet bunch of people.❤️ I love reading everyone's responses to the show, and all the support for autistic kids.

If you all lived closer, yooooo betcha I would bring my son to get to know you guys. He loves being around people, as long as he gets to absorb everything from a distance.

I must confess it was a dreadful week, what with me being sick, and the poor fellow being tired at school. Just beginning to feel better. And of course, everyone loves to say, "Aaah, what if you have swine flu??!!"🐷

Mahika.

Distance may keep us all apart
What connects us are our hearts

People on this forum will always stand
By you and stretch out their eager hand

Here you'll find no lip sympathy
Only true words of empathy .............