Woman ends life after watching 'Sach Ka Saamna'

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi friends,

Woman ends life after watching 'Sach Ka Saamna'
Agra, Sep 21 (IANS):

A 32-year-old woman here allegedly committed suicide after being deeply affected by watching actress Roopa Ganguly in the television reality show 'Sach Ka Saamna'.

She felt her life was similar to the actress' in many ways and that she had failed as a daughter, wife and mother, police said.

Pallavi, who has a 12-year-old son from her estranged husband, was living with a man called Dharmendra, who too is separated from his wife. She was found hanging from the ceiling fan on Sunday, police officials said.

Dharmendra told police that Pallavi was moved by some questions relating to Roopa Ganguly's past on "Sach Ka Saamna" on Saturday night and had been depressed since then.

On Sunday afternoon, neighbours knocked at their door but found no response. They then called Dharmendra, who runs a photo studio near the Taj Mahal. When he opened the door, he found Pallavi hanging from the fan. She had left a suicide note, which is with the police now, expressing her deep anguish with life.

The note said: "All are good in the world except me. I couldn't be a good daughter, mother, sister or wife and have become a problem for all...therefore (I am) going away, far away. I remember my son Kavi. Inform my husband and son of my death. Perhaps they may come for my last rites."

About Dharmendra, she wrote: "Dharmendra is a very good human being, he takes good care of me, but I can not continue to remain a keep of his." She did not blame anyone for her death in the note. Dharmendra told police that Pallavi found many similarities between herself and the life of Roopa Ganguly, best known for playing Draupadi in TV series 'Mahabharat'. "She felt as if every question was directed towards her and took the show to heart," he said.

"Sach Ka Saamna", which is now off the air, is a show where contestants are asked personal questions and a polygraph machine decides if their answers are true or not. Hosted by Rajeev Khandelwal, the show has seen common people as well as celebrities participating.

Link:

Posted: 14 years ago
omg!!! thts sad... im glad this show is going off air... it's havin a bad affect on people to such an extent tht this woman committed suicide...

gosh!!!