IMPORTANT :Email Authentication

Posted: 14 years ago

Hi Everyone

As you can see the number of spammers is increasing by the day. Hence to participate in discussions and access all the features of India-Forums including PM / Social Features and adding buddies we are now going to make email authentication mandatory.This will help us keep a check on fake accounts and prevent them from coming again and again on the forum. We plan to put this into effect in a week's time.

Not receiving our emails? Read India-Forums Email Whitelist Instruction.

To make sure that you are not locked out of your account make sure you authenticated your email address. If you had given a bogus one now it's the time to change it with a valid one.To add or change your emails go to My Dashboard-> Profile. If you see yours with the following message in red like the one below then you need to act now.

Once you have a valid email address in the email address field click on the link to send the activation Email. The email may a take a bit to appear so please be patient. Also check your spam folder to see if its there. If you are still having problems then send an email to [email protected]. From the email if you click on the URL you will see the message below.

That's all friends it's simple as that. So don't wait and kindly get your email validated as you read this message. If you don't do this you may end up losing out on the fun at IF.

Not receiving our emails? Read India-Forums Email Whitelist Instruction.

Edited by vijay - 14 years ago
Thanks for taking measures. Yeah spamming is increasing in PMs too. I think this step would curb the activity of the spammers.

*EDIT
Can u add some features like u can PM only friends or something like that so that the spammers cant pm us ?? Coz the spammers may even active the acc. and then PM the members !!!

Edited by ishan.k - 14 years ago
BTW any member having problem authenticating / validating their email account please post your problem here.

Originally posted by ishan.k

Thanks for taking measures. Yeah spamming is increasing in PMs too. I think this step would curb the activity of the spammers.

*EDIT
Can u add some features like u can PM only friends or something like that so that the spammers cant pm us ?? Coz the spammers may even active the acc. and then PM the members !!!

Thanks ishan.k for the suggestion. 😊
Edited by vijay - 14 years ago
umm has this been activated??? coz i can't find any message yet against my email
Originally posted by Maryam.U

umm has this been activated??? coz i can't find any message yet against my email

Hi,

If you do not find any message against your email that means you do not need to do anything as your email has already been authenticated.

Cheers,
Vijay
Thanks Priya di n Admins
Like it!😃
Edited by Sweet-Sara - 14 years ago
Originally posted by vijay

Hi,

If you do not find any message against your email that means you do not need to do anything as your email has already been authenticated.

Cheers,
Vijay

Oh good😃 i was worried before😕 but thanks😊

-Maryam

Thanks PD

Already done time ago..
aww..thank you..it was not still activated for me..i just recently activated it n now it is fine..thank you..you are all doing a great job!!
thanks😊for the information. will do the needful.