Travel

My trip to Kashmir.

noorie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey Guys!

I wanted some advice from you guys. Ill be going for a holiday with my family to Kashmir from 23 November to 27 November. What should i expect? What type of dressing should i be wearing? how cold can it get? is it safe?. Im really confused. I would be first going to srinagar and staying at the boathouse. i cant remember much but i think we would be also going to places like sonamarg and gulmarg.

Please help me out guys!!
Thanks,
Nooriya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hey Nooriya!

my name's sabreena. and im half kashmiri and been there many times to visit my family!! i've always went during the summer. but if your goign in november, you can expect it to be on the cold/chilly side. kashmir is a place that has diff seasons , and being a valley, it is cold there. even in summer, it got chilly in the evenings. make sure you pack warm, it will be cold around this time. it might even start snowing in november. but it usually does in december and jan, but you  can never be too sure, my kashmiri grandparents told me.
is it safe..hmm this is hard to answer. it really depnds where you stay in kashmir. there are always chances of their being an attack or something happening, but you have to take the risk. i stayed in sringar with my grandparents, and we were fine. but we went to dal lake once and like 20 minutes after we left, there had been a small bomb blast there. this was a few years ago. and gulmarg is safe too. all the places on the whole pretty much are safe, as long as you dont go out after curfew, and when there is hartal going on. and if your not going to the part of kashmir near the border then you definitely have a even bigger chance of being safe! dont worry, onyl 4 days is fine!
i've been there in my summer holidays and stayed for a month and a half, and in th beginning i used to be a bit scared but  not anymore, you shouldn't be. its fine and not that bad!! and its soo pretty there and a lot to do. and just enjoy!!

Edited by Sab93 - 14 years ago
noorie_ thumbnail
Thanks for your help sabreena! :)
would you know how cold it can get?? like how many degrees?

well i only know farenheit, so i hope this helps. you could convert if you know celsius though.

its around between 40-60 degrees in november in kashmir. the lowest it will probably go will be around 40 but im pretty sure it'll be in the 50s and low 60s! hope this helps.
and you should pack sweaters, jackets, sweatshirts, pants, etc.
warm clothes!!
noorie_ thumbnail
thanks!!
u helped me alot!! :)
no problem!! have fun!!
im so jealous, i wanna go to kashmir! lol