Karan's Uplifting Experience--TB article

desertrose21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Karan Mehra aka Naitik of Star Plus' Yeh Rishta… lifted Hina Khan aka Akshara for the shooting of their suhag raat sequence.

The shooting of a very traditional yet romantic first night sequence of Star Plus' and Rajan Shahi's Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai put a rather heavy burden on Naitik aka Karan Mehra's shoulders, literally!

According to our source, "To keep up with the amazing chemistry that's between Naitik and Akshara the creative team had to think of a very romantic screenplay for their wedding night. Eventually, they came up with one where Naitik lifts Akshara and carries her through the flight of stairs to their room."

We contacted Karan who gave us a candid reply. He says, "Yes, the shot required that I lift Hina so I did it. A few days prior to the shoot, I was a bit overworked and tired. But thankfully on the day of the shoot, I was fit and so could carry out the sequence without any glitches. Since every scene requires many retakes, I knew that this scene would take a toll on my body. But as I was in a good shape I completed the shoot without overexerting my body."

So does this mean Karan is not joining the long list of actors who complain of backache after doing such scenes? In between peals of laughter Karan replies, "Oh no, I'm perfectly alright."

When questioned if Karan has shared such a moment with the love of his life Nisha Rawal, Karan pragmatically answers, "No, I haven't done this sort of thing in real life."

But doesn't Nisha mind Karan performing intimate sequences? To this Karan replies in a matter-of-fact way, "No. Nisha knows this profession better than me. She knows that it's all a part of job and that it's Naitik who is doing it and not Karan. She knows that reel life and real life are two different things."

The strength of their relationship is evident as Karan goes on to say, "We both admire and trust each other. We know that at the end of the day, work is just…work."

Karan sure is one lucky chap! He has great romance going on…both in reel as well as real life!!