Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Sab93

ohh! got it jess! lol, i have a frock suit, but i always called it an anarkali, bcuz i didn't know the difference πŸ˜†

haha, and agreed jess! i dont remember the names! i just go wherever my mom and relatives take me. lol, im not that familiar with the places there!

lol i havent been in India for like 5-6 years....but my dad goes like every year and i send a list of the colors i want & what type of suits (salwar or pajami)...and they just go with my dad(so he doesnt get ripped off lol & they have good choice) and they pick them and he buys them :)

when i went to India, we just went wherever my relatives took us...and when we leave a store, its like "oooh lets go look in that one" and so on πŸ˜†

My moms going this winter, and this time she's gonna buy all our suits from my mami-ji's sister :D
she has her own boutique in jalandhar & designs her own suits...
she usually sends suits to my mami-ji in canada and we buy them from her...all the suits are just so nice! its so hard to choose one! they're kinda expensive so my mom's gonna buy me a few 😎
Edited by Jess. - 14 years ago

ahh got it!

wait, whats a pajami? i only know what a churidaar or salwaar is.

haha, you send a list!! lol, that sounds good!

thats exactly how it is for me too! but whenever we went to india it was like for a month and a half. and we'd be in delhi for only liek 2 weeks and the rest of the time would be spent in kashmir. and when we were in delhi, we'd eb in intense shopping mood, which was both fun and crazy and exhausting. my sister and i got like heatstroke one day. not used to the heat at all! lol

wow! thats pretty cool!!  have you been to punjab before to her boutique?

Reine thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

wow, sakshi!! you get to celebrate diwali 3 days in a row!! luckyy, that sounds awesome!
and your clothes for diwali sound beautiful! esp the white anarkali with the colorful work on it! that sounds so pretty!

LOL. u wouldnt be saying that if u saw the no. of ppl i have to meet! i m tired of smling at the end of these three days n all i want to do is get into my pj's and get some sleeep. LOL
but yeah, its also interesting. even my fav. one is the white anarkali! actually, karan gifted me that along with the pink one for diwali since i couldnt find a dress which i wanted to wear ! LOL. and as much as i hate to say this, love his choice! LOL
and the black and blue one came from my other best friend! love her coz. that's y fav. combo right now. LOL
Edited by kash fan4ever - 14 years ago
Reine thumbnail
Originally posted by: S.Diva

gr8 yaar...so u hav lotttsss of dresses for Diwali and too many options to put some make-up.
and u too hav blue with black combination salwar suite...so frm whr hav u bought this....if frm India thn which shop

LOL. i dont like too much make up. in fact. i try to steer away from it.
yeah! love black with blue! they look gr8.

Reine thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jess.

haha in india, i dont think anyone remembers the shop names(or at least the ones that dont live there)...you just go out on the street go into the stores, buy suits, and get out  πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†

LOL jess, u r so right! as it is, there are so many shops that v cisit, i always lost track from where what has come in. LOL

and incidently, these three havent been purchased by meπŸ˜†
they have come in as gifts from my frnds. LOL
how much i love  my fnds!πŸ˜‰

Reine thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jess.

haha in india, i dont think anyone remembers the shop names(or at least the ones that dont live there)...you just go out on the street go into the stores, buy suits, and get out  πŸ˜†  πŸ˜†

you r so right jess! by the time i am one, i hardly know what's from where.πŸ˜†
yeah! this time i just went into the biggest mall in town with my friends! must say, i was certainly spoilt for choice! i bought these and many more indian as well as western outfits! love diwali and my friendsπŸ˜†the guys literally had to pull us girls out of the mallπŸ˜†

but i guess every store has these kind of outfits. so, u could find these anywhere!

yeah, i have a pic of one that looks remotely close to my pink outfit if u want!
Edited by kash fan4ever - 14 years ago
kewlchick90 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hmm thought I'd join in on this topic :)

Diwali is approaching fast!!!
Like most families, we will be heading to the gurdwara and having relatives over.  This time around Diwali is on a Saturday which makes it even better. Still haven't decided on a suit yet. It's really hard to choose just one!!!!!

I usually make rangoli on the front veranda. Looking forward to it.!!!
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
I really lv anarkali so i have decided now. Light sky blue anarkali with pink, white and silver work on it. Long dangly earings in silver and silver shoes. Of course make up is a part of it lol.
S.Diva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

wow, sakshi!! you get to celebrate diwali 3 days in a row!! luckyy, that sounds awesome!
and your clothes for diwali sound beautiful! esp the white anarkali with the colorful work on it! that sounds so pretty!

Hey Sab I agree with you.
S.Diva thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vedika126

I really lv anarkali so i have decided now. Light sky blue anarkali with pink, white and silver work on it. Long dangly earings in silver and silver shoes. Of course make up is a part of it lol.

Hey sounds goood.. must b luking grt.