Dance Premier League

Insulting Contestants

ana2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
I know the judges are here to choose the best.they can criticise or point out what is wrong with the performances but I hate it when they start insulting some one.
The contestants who are there, ALL thing they are good and that's why they are there to participate.
If some one doesn't dance that well why say "uthake fek do"(the guy who acted like SRK,from Calcutta) or clap or dance with the Michael Jackson wannabees, making them feel they are doing well,but actually mocking them.
Do you think if you are holding a powerful position you can treat people like shit?

Or am I being too sensitive by the actions of the judges?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tamedtempest thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ana2008

I know the judges are here to choose the best.they can criticise or point out what is wrong with the performances but I hate it when they start insulting some one.
The contestants who are there, ALL thing they are good and that's why they are there to participate.
If some one doesn't dance that well why say "uthake fek do"(the guy who acted like SRK,from Calcutta) or clap or dance with the Michael Jackson wannabees, making them feel they are doing well,but actually mocking them.
Do you think if you are holding a powerful position you can treat people like shit?

Or am I being too sensitive by the actions of the judges?

Very well put. I think some judges, such as Arshad Warsi forget what it was like to be on the other side of the judge's table.
toothbrush13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I hate it when they laugh at people.  Yes, some people aren't the best, but they have put in an honest effort too and shouldn't be laughed at.  They should respect everyone's dignity instead of laughing at or mocking them.

What is the need to get up and dance with someone to mock them or to laugh at their honest efforts or to arrogantly and rudely ask them to leave?  Being kind won't hurt anyone.  It makes me so sad though, because a lot of these people put in effort and come with a lot of hope, and then they just get made fun of.  

I'm not asking the judges to be pushovers or emotionally swayed, but they should try to behave in a dignified manner rather than poking fun at people in the manner that a rude little schoolboy would.
bsingapury thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
but dont you feel few people came there only to make themselves look like fools....................

few people purposely come there and dance like they are ..........
like take example of that girl who walked on stage holding candle and song was playing gumnaam hain koi....

now what was that????
even i felt those contestant were there to pass their time and judges time too..........if few people love to make them look like fools then what other people can do?
ya but with few arshad was little harsh i agree with that
Edited by bsingapury - 14 years ago
forems thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Arshad is really getting on my nerves, that too in two days. He should have remained Munnas sidekick that expose himself so crudely on national TV:

He said to the guy who did a beautiful kathak - its God's fault. So Arshad thinks he is bigger than God?
He make some gross cheap joke on "hugging" with Salman, that too on national TV, how low down?
Then he talked down to the guy with special needs, who has danced much better than Arshad ever could. And when a judge of Shiamaks calibre and sensitivity put his professional faith in that guy, Arshad took off on Shiamak (asking him not to be melodramatic...)
The list is endless.

Sony better wake up. Zee is coming back with DID II and at least there they never disrespect people with special needs, in fact they invited the one person who couldnt even walk straight as a special guest (accepting that he cannot take part in the competition.) Humanity cannot come after "competition." If Sony doesnt take a strong stance to this issue, they're going to lose out to DID, a show with much more heart and sensitivity and all 3 strong dancer judges who at least knew when to respect a fellow dancer. Shiamak alone wont be able to offset Mr. Warsi's meanness.
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Tamedtempest

Very well put. I think some judges, such as Arshad Warsi forget what it was like to be on the other side of the judge's table.

JAS!
hey! omg havent seen you in forever! 🤗

the way they make fun of people is entertaining...but its so mean!
how far will they go to create entertainment?

ana2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bsingapury

but dont you feel few people came there only to make themselves look like fools....................

You are right, some do come here to enjoy their 1 minute of fame.If they didn't act that way,may be they wouldn't have got the screen space.
But the contestants who really try to dance shouldn't be mocked.
Bipasha was so sweet in encouraging them.
I was surprised Shamak Sir mocking and dancing with one of the guys.Wasn't expected from him.
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: forems

Arshad is really getting on my nerves, that too in two days. He should have remained Munnas sidekick that expose himself so crudely on national TV:

He said to the guy who did a beautiful kathak - its God's fault. So Arshad thinks he is bigger than God?
He make some gross cheap joke on "hugging" with Salman, that too on national TV, how low down?
Then he talked down to the guy with special needs, who has danced much better than Arshad ever could. And when a judge of Shiamaks calibre and sensitivity put his professional faith in that guy, Arshad took off on Shiamak (asking him not to be melodramatic...)
The list is endless.

Sony better wake up. Zee is coming back with DID II and at least there they never disrespect people with special needs, in fact they invited the one person who couldnt even walk straight as a special guest (accepting that he cannot take part in the competition.) Humanity cannot come after "competition." If Sony doesnt take a strong stance to this issue, they're going to lose out to DID, a show with much more heart and sensitivity and all 3 strong dancer judges who at least knew when to respect a fellow dancer. Shiamak alone wont be able to offset Mr. Warsi's meanness.

i completely agree..how much abt dance does arshad warsi know anyway?definitely not more than shiamak..so how can he overrule wot shiamak davar says?
Tamedtempest thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bsingapury

like take example of that girl who walked on stage holding candle and song was playing gumnaam hain koi....

now what was that????
even i felt those contestant were there to pass their time and judges time too..........if few people love to make them look like fools then what other people can do?
ya but with few arshad was little harsh i agree with that

well should not lose one's tact to teach someone else a lesson. The judges should keep their standards up regardless, they are there to set the example. If someone is bad and comes to the auditions with the sole intention of acting foolish and having a few seconds of limelight, the judges need to tell them off tactfully without lowering their standards.
Tamedtempest thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: forems

The list is endless.

At first I did not check who wrote this post and for a second I thought I had wrote it..lol you took the words right out of my mouth! Thank you so much for a well written post!