VideoMix

VM Suggestion/Feedback thread - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Neeta, you actually make sense say making it a learning process for all if thats what you mean. But then it all depends on the videos we choose right ? Say voting, we can choose videos of deserving vidders and have voting. Let the person say, WHY HE IS VOTING for that particular VM.

Can't we have some thread where people could share reasons for their VM's to get better. All tips, tricks etc which they COULD implement. Looking at the positive side , it would enable people to learn and make better stuff.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: shaktheback

Neeta, you actually make sense say making it a learning process for all if thats what you mean. But then it all depends on the videos we choose right ? Say voting, we can choose videos of deserving vidders and have voting. Let the person say, WHY HE IS VOTING for that particular VM.

Can't we have some thread where people could share reasons for their VM's to get better. All tips, tricks etc which they COULD implement. Looking at the positive side , it would enable people to learn and make better stuff.

We can pick videos randomly. Like 'VOTW', or 'COTW' et all, a fair chance will be given to as many videos as possible. For eg - If today my video is picked for reviewing (I take my name because I'm not sure how many people want to be named here), it will be put up for some honest critiquing for a week, then next week, some other video can be put up, EVEN IF it does not belong to any vidder here and is simply a video on YT. Consider this as a 'Case in Study' practical.

Yes, but with respect to what ? New tricks pertaining to what ? I think we already have the help desk/tutorials corner for that purpose. My whole point is that let's stop being vague and try to hit the nail on the head. Frankly, I saw this practice being succesfully undertaken in some other section of IF and it actually worked. Henceforth, I thought maybe we could do the same here if we want our bar to raise.
This content was originally posted by: -Neetz-

We can pick videos randomly. Like 'VOTW', or 'COTW' et all, a fair chance will be given to as many videos as possible. For eg - If today my video is picked for reviewing (I take my name because I'm not sure how many people want to be named here), it will be put up for some honest critiquing for a week, then next week, some other video can be put up, EVEN IF it does not belong to any vidder here and is simply a video on YT. Consider this as a 'Case in Study' practical.

Yeah. This sounds something unique. 😛
Case Study on VM's sound cool 😎 .

If the VM is of a person here, then we must make sure that HONEST CRITICISM donot offend members. Say a VM gets more criticism's and less appreciation cuz the VM is "average" as you say. Don't you thnk the vidder will be discouraged ?

Eg : Im a newbie, just started making VM's. And ive put in alot of hardwork and I get more criticism than appreciation. Wont I feel discourgaed bcoz people are not liking them and giving only criticism.Yes, we are not evaluating the effort, but the end product depends on the person's skill and hardwork. Im just worried about that part.

Otherwise, its awesome :) Lets see what Ambrosia decides.
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: shaktheback

Yeah. This sounds something unique. 😛
Case Study on VM's sound cool 😎 .

If the VM is of a person here, then we must make sure that HONEST CRITICISM donot offend members. Say a VM gets more criticism's and less appreciation cuz the VM is "average" as you say. Don't you thnk the vidder will be discouraged ?

Eg : Im a newbie, just started making VM's. And ive put in alot of hardwork and I get more criticism than appreciation. Wont I feel discourgaed bcoz people are not liking them and giving only criticism.Yes, we are not evaluating the effort, but the end product depends on the person's skill and hardwork. Im just worried about that part.

Otherwise, its awesome :) Lets see what Ambrosia decides.

I think when I say 'honest comments', then you are considering that to be on an extreme tangent. A video (Be it by a newbie or an experienced maker), will be open to reviewing, but that does not mean that members can come and say, "oh the colouring looks pathetic" - No, that's not what I mean. Let's say that a particular video is too flashy/too much effects, an honest opinion can be put this way - The effects could have been moderated a bit, they make the video look extremely flashy.

I think initially members might have a problem getting used to honest feedback, but over a period of time, I think they'll start accepting it in good spirit 😊
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I think Neeta has a point here. I would frankly love to know how my videos could be improved. I tend to send the links to friends that I know will dissect it and tell me what they hate or what they think could be better first. Or I make my sister see it, because she's blunt about my work, and then I refine it. To know what other people think of my work, honestly and without airs, would help me greatly. So from my point of view, I think this would be a great thing to implement.

And then perhaps we could also have the 'case study' thing as well, picking videos from YT as an idea as to what we all can achieve or something?

All people may not be open to honest reviews though, and some may take that as an opportunity to bash, we should put in proper rules to that effect maybe, before opening it up for reviews.

Love,
Radz

This content was originally posted by: Anhdara13

I think Neeta has a point here. I would frankly love to know how my videos could be improved. I tend to send the links to friends that I know will dissect it and tell me what they hate or what they think could be better first. Or I make my sister see it, because she's blunt about my work, and then I refine it. To know what other people think of my work, honestly and without airs, would help me greatly. So from my point of view, I think this would be a great thing to implement.

And then perhaps we could also have the 'case study' thing as well, picking videos from YT as an idea as to what we all can achieve or something?

All people may not be open to honest reviews though, and some may take that as an opportunity to bash, we should put in proper rules to that effect maybe, before opening it up for reviews.

Love,
Radz

Hey can we have something like this ?
People who want their videos to be reviewed can PM one of us. We will put it for voting. The most voted video can be reviewed throughout the week.

If you guys feel voting is a long process. We can make a seperate thread where people can post in the videos to be reviewed. We can choose one by one and review them , may be two videos in a week or so. Do let me know if its ok ??
Anhdara13 thumbnail
^^ That would be a long process, and like you're saying, some people may not want their videos to be put on the board like that. I was thinking about it, and wondered, what if let's say we chose a vid at random, right? We PM the maker, and ask if they mind having their VM in the spotlight like that. If they do, we choose another VM, if they don't then we go with that? It'd be less troublesome then the voting I think.

And I was thinking, is there a rule for VM makers to credit tutorials? Because maybe we should implement that, like how the Avatar/Signature section has a rule to credit where brushes and tutorials are downloaded from. We should ask VM makers to mention where they got colouring tips and textures from, where the VM is posted? For example, let's say I use a tutorial I get from YT, and I make a video. When I post that video in my gallery, on the page that the vid is posted, I mention that I got this tutorial, the colouring from a certain YT user. That way credit is given?

And to make sure people don't take credit for other people's work. Maintain that honesty? Just a thought, because I know I'd do that on my YT channel when I use tutorials or textures.

Love,
Radz

This content was originally posted by: Anhdara13

^^ That would be a long process, and like you're saying, some people may not want their videos to be put on the board like that. I was thinking about it, and wondered, what if let's say we chose a vid at random, right? We PM the maker, and ask if they mind having their VM in the spotlight like that. If they do, we choose another VM, if they don't then we go with that? It'd be less troublesome then the voting I think.

Yes, voting is a very long process. How about a seperate thread or Exhibitions thread where people can mention that VM can be reviewed from which videos can be picked up?

And I was thinking, is there a rule for VM makers to credit tutorials? Because maybe we should implement that, like how the Avatar/Signature section has a rule to credit where brushes and tutorials are downloaded from. We should ask VM makers to mention where they got colouring tips and textures from, where the VM is posted? For example, let's say I use a tutorial I get from YT, and I make a video. When I post that video in my gallery, on the page that the vid is posted, I mention that I got this tutorial, the colouring from a certain YT user. That way credit is given?

And to make sure people don't take credit for other people's work. Maintain that honesty? Just a thought, because I know I'd do that on my YT channel when I use tutorials or textures.

Yes, thats an amazing thought ! Lets get it soon into action. Will speak to the CM asap !

Love,
Radz

Anhdara13 thumbnail