College & University

8 Time Management Skills for College/Uni Students

Angelic_J thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hello everyone =D Once again I am here to eat your bhejas [Can't help it they are toooooooo NOT tasty🤡🤡] This time I have brought some ACTUAL useful information with me to share with other poor students like moi😭 Most of my other topics arent that useful at ALL. They are just there just so no one can blame me for not being active [See afterall I gotta keep my reputation as a spammer intact😃😆] In this topic however I will be sharing some tips that are essential to any post-secondary student to achieve better grades [This is applicable to only those who have something called B-R-A-I-N😆 If you lack that my friend than forget these tips even GOD himself won't be much of help to you😆]

And without further wait here are those essential tips:-

1. Get -- and use -- a calendar. It can be a paper calendar. It can be your cell phone. It can be a PDA. No matter what kind it is, though, make sure you have one. [Just make sure it's not the type that takes up a whole room cause you might have problems carrying it around to your classes/library.]

2. Write down everything. Write down everything in one place. (Having multiple calendars just gives you more to do amidst an already tight schedule.) Schedule when you plan to sleep, when you are going to do your laundry, when you're going to call your parents. The crazier your schedule gets, the more important this becomes. [Please DO NOT follow this tooooo religiously and start writing down when you have to breathe in and out😳😳]

3. Schedule time to relax. Don't forget to schedule in time to relax and breathe. Just because your calendar goes from 7:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. doesn't mean you can. [Yes and what best way to relax other than sitting there and filling out all these different calendars?🤡]

4. Keep trying new systems. If your cell phone calendar isn't big enough, buy a paper one. If your paper one keeps getting torn, try a PDA. If you have too many things written down each day, try color-coding to help simplify. Very few college students make it through their programs without some kind of calendaring system; keep trying until you find one that works for you. [Just don't keep trying until school is over coz you know then there would have been NO POINT in you trying to work with calendars. Know where the limit is😆]

5. Allow for flexibility. Things inevitably come up that you weren't expecting. You may not have known that your roomate's birthday is this week, and you certainly don't want to miss the celebrations! Leave room in your calendar so that you can move things around a little when needed.

6. Plan ahead. Do you have a large research paper due the last week of the semester? Work backward in your calendar and figure out how much time you need to write it, how much time you'll need to research it, and how much time you'll need to pick your topic. If you think you'll need six weeks for the entire project, work backward from the due date and schedule the time into your calendar before it's too late. [Just ONE word NEVER EVER in your life leave these research papers to be done a day before the due date 😳 It might have worked in High School but it will NEVER in post-secondary😳😳]

7. Plan for the unexpected. Sure, you just might be able to pull off two papers and a presentation during midterms week. But what happens if you catch the flu the night you're supposed to be pulling the all-nighter? Expect the unexpected so you don't have to spend more unplanned time trying to fix your mistakes. [Just one thing, DO NOT be an idiot and start pulling all nighters. They only make things more complicated.]

8. Schedule rewards in. Your midterms week is a nightmare, but it will all be over Friday by 2:30. Schedule a fun afternoon and a nice dinner out with some friends; your brain will need it, and you can relax knowing that you're not supposed to be doing anything else. [Please DO NOT let people make you believe booze is a reward coz IT IS NOT😳]

And that's it from my side😛 See you guys in another topic and leave all your comments and suggestions here no matter how horrible they might be😛😆

and ohhhh I choried all these points from HERE so don't give me any credit for them except for the ones in R-E-D

Thank You
View Raw Image' jQuery1256928625820="52">
GD Dev. Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

UnderControl. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
nice topic!! waise to i already use a calender but i just wish i can keep it more updated after reading this thing..thanks  a lot :)
gk_09 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks JK!

I use a calender myself and it helps me a lot. I can visually see when things are due or when i have tests/quizes/ exams.

I think I need to work on my procrasination [;$]
-mango- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Its still not post secondary for me, but I am sure I need to get my act together and start working towards it. I really do. I definitely need to start using my agenda calender. (Last year, I lost my agenda, and I found it at the end of the school year... hiding in my locker... LOL) And I am hoping nothing like that ever happens again.

Thanks for the tips. 😃 
A calendar is useful all the time... even at work and in life in general. But that's so against spontaneity, which I'm trying to be after my friends told me that you should let go sometimes.😆 =(

If one is focused and know what's important, he'll know that studies always comes first.

Thanks for the topic =)
-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Brilliant post, JKu!

I especially agree with #2!

I'm such a forgetful person that I'd probably miss half of my things if I don't write them down.

But if even you trust your brain 100%, it's a better idea to write everything down just in case.  You never know, we all have our days 😆

-Mahi
bwoodlover01 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
thanks! this is really cool cuz i just came back from a presentation on how it is to be a uni student and the cons and pros/ but somehow they forgot to add in 'calendars, relazxation, etc.' so this helped alot!
honeydaisy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing..😊 nice post..
adiroykapur thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Awesome post. I love reading about new time management skills. I just need to start practicing too lol.