1964 UFO Landing in Socorro County

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago

1964 UFO Landing in Socorro County

Image source - Istockphoto

One spectacular UFO landing that will never go away is that of the 1964 UFO landing in Socorro County

New Mexico that was witnessed by a police officer named Lonnie Zamora. The events leading up to the landing started at 5:45 PM in the month of April. Zamora gave up a chase of a speeding car when he saw an orange, bluish flame in the sky coming from the area of a dynamite shack. He started heading that way and gave the information he had seen to his dispatcher.

What he saw next, would stay with him until the day he died. He was looking at an oval shaped object that was shiny, had no windows and no signs of a door. Zamora was looking at a space ship. He then saw two beings that appeared child size with white overalls. One of the beings jumped as if it was startled when it saw Zamora. What would happen next, it what makes this landing so famous.

He called his dispatcher to report what he was looking at and where he was. Then the oval object sent out a loud roar and bluish flames from the underneath side. It lifted off the ground and head to the southeast. After conducting an investigation, the officers on scene learned that other calls had come in about the bluish flame in the same area at about the same time.

A Public Safety Service worker in Las Vegas analyzed the sandy mixture from the area under the object and determined that it was an organic material that not identifiable. Shortly after the call, Air Force personal showed up and remove all materials and documentation. Two other witnesses described what they saw that night as they were passing through Socorro.

They described the one thing that made it apparent that they had seen the same thing as the officer. They had seen a red marking on the oval shape. They said that it looked like a "Z" and the officer saw the coloring, but could not say what it was.

A report released by Hector Quintanilla, who was the head of the Air Force "Project Blue Book" had this to say:

"There is no doubt that Lonnie Zamora saw an object which left quite an impression on him. There is also no question about Zamora's reliability. He is a serious police officer, a pillar of his church, and a man well versed in recognizing airborne vehicles in his area. He is puzzled by what he saw, and frankly, so are we. This is the best-documented case on record, and still we have been unable, in spite of thorough investigation, to find the vehicle or other stimulus that scared Zamora to the point of panic."

Although this appears to be a cover up by the Air Force, it would not be the first time. Remember Roswell and all the other strange things that happen in the dark of night that are swept under the carpet? This is just one of the first of many cover-ups that could prove or disprove life in outer space.

The first CIA Chief Admiral Hillenkoetter had said that "behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFO's."
     "But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense,"
the retired admiral said. He charged that
"to hide the facts, the Air Force has silenced its personnel" through the issuance of a regulation. [Source - http://www.wanttoknow.info/600228nytimes]

Discussion:-

Do you believe in outer life? Why or Why not?
Do you hold the belief that US governement has covered up facts about UFO's?
Do you think these "outer beings" are either harmful or helpful to humans?
Would you be interested in knowing more about aliens? Why or Why not?

Guys Please share your views with us.

Thank You

GD Dev. Team
Interesting post, JKu!

I don't know if I believe in UFOs or not... I personally haven't seen any, but that's not a reason to say I don't believe them because I haven't seen many other things but I believe them.

It's hard to believe at times due to fact that a lot of times pics are photoshopped and sometimes people make up stuff to gain attention.

But nevertheless, it's not highly impossible that there are other creatures elsewhere in the universe. I mean why would such a huge universe exist?  It's not highly unlikely that there's life.

And if there's life there, then why wouldn't be as inquisitive as we are?  We want to see the aliens so can't they want to meet us?

Doesn't necessarily mean that they are harmful or planning to take over the Earth.  Could be as simple as curiosity to meet other unknown creations.

-Mahi

Do you believe in outer life? Why or Why not?
yes..i believe god must create other living too...
Do you hold the belief that US governement has covered up facts about UFO's?
yes...they do it  covered up the facts so they can do research
Do you think these "outer beings" are either harmful or helpful to humans?
i believe it will be more harmful...
Would you be interested in knowing more about aliens? Why or Why not?
yes...to learn about it...😊

nice post..thank you for sharing

I'm skeptical about the UFO landings but do believe that there may be life in outer space. A lot of planets have the same conditions as Earth. Its doubtful that there would be not life on those planets. Maybe not humans, but other forms are possible.

US government may have covered up information about life in outer space. It almost impossible to continue the research once the news is out.

No being attacks without provocation. They may be friendly. I would love to learn more about aliens.