Celebrity Fan Clubs

*Sonam Kapoor - Diva of the week*

the_charm thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hello my dear CFC-ians!!😳

Welcome, once again, to Diva of the week! Well this time the diva is very sweet, smart, slim and gorgeous. Someone who went from being over-weight to the perfect figure! Yes, yes, she is none other than the very pretty SONAM KAPOOR!

https://sachiniti.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/sonam-kapoor-wallpaper-48446-5641.jpg hspace5

~ Facts ~
    Her favorite songs are Jab Koyi Baat Bigad Jaye, Raat Kali Ek Khwaab Mein aaye. Then there's her old time favorites Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Strangers In The Night. She also likes Choli Ke Peeche, Aaj Mein Upar Aasmaan Neeche from the movie Khamoshi: The Musical(1996). Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein and Ek Ladki Ko Dekha. All of A.R. Rahman's music and her favorite band is Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Enjoys reading, shopping, writing, playing squash and basketball, video games and painting. Went to university at Bombay University (Majoring in Economics and Political Science). Went to high school at the United World College of South East Asia, finishing the International Baccalaureate program. Studied in Arya Vidya Mandhir school. Sonam was never interested in acting. Direction and writing were her basic interests, but Sanjay Leela Bhansali showed so much confidence in her that he wanted her to be in his film. Loves to dance. She is trained in Kathak, classical music, and Latin dance.
  • Speaks Urdu, Sindhi, Punjabi and English all fluently.
Some questions...
    For all those who like Sonam, why do you like her? If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do?
  1. Do you think Sonam has a great fashion sense? Would you follow it?
CFC Dev Team

Edited by mimi0295 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

contingency thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
For all those who like Sonam, why do you like her?
Why don't I like her? She is crazy, smart, funny, gorgeous. She is what I am except for the gorgeous part. She has a vivacious spirit and it is always a pleasure to watch her on screen. In the world of marketed celebs, Sonam comes as a fresh air with her craziness.

If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do?

Sonam as a an actress has tremendous potential. Definitely I am excited to see her do Emma or a version of it since that is one of my favorite books. Indian versions of Sula would be a great role for her to essay.

Do you think Sonam has a great fashion sense? Would you follow it?
I think she is very stylish. She experiments a lot and she gives the clothes a personality. If I could afford what she wears, I would.
Edited by Taintedshimmer - 14 years ago
aish_punk thumbnail
Wow, congo Sonam!

1. For all those who like Sonam, why do you like her? because she's a natural beauty and i just cant beleive she was overweight once!
  2. If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do? She can do anything with perfection, and i think Aisha is just meant for her! Other than that, well maybe she could play the role of Tracy Whitney from If tomorrow comes by Sidney Sheldon.
  3. Do you think Sonam has a great fashion sense? Would you follow it? Totally! I try and follow her fashion sense, but duh its tough becoming her!
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
  1. For all those who like Sonam, why do you like her?
Why do I like her? Because somewhere I connect with her- the whole child-woman attiude is very much like me and a lot of my friends. I also love her zest for life, her positivity towards life,  the fact that she is well read, that she is a good actress and an absolute stunner. This is to say the least...
  1. If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do?
I would like her to play these roles:
Sridevi in Chaalbaaz
Charulata
The young Maharani Gayatri Devi
Her fashion sense is fantastic. It suits her personality. I wouldn't necessarily follow her because her style does not suit my personality...however she inspires you to be yourself and find your own style. She has inspired me to try new hairstyles and experiment with colors. She has also increased my interest in vintage items.
Edited by LifeOLicious - 14 years ago
Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
  1. For all those who like Sonam, why do you like her?Firstly her dads name is Anil kapoor the same name as my dads lol. She is very beautiful. She is cute and has style.
  2. If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do? Any role would suit her.
  1. Do you think Sonam has a great fashion sense? Would you follow it? She has  a great fashion sense. She knows what she can carry off well not like other actresses trying to copy each other. I would love to follow her.
    For all those who like Sonam, why do you like her?  I like her because shes funny, pretty, and has an amazing personality, she ssooo relateable, which is awesome and because she starred in my ALL TIME fvaourite movie: SAAWARIYAAA If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do? i Dont know why but i would want to see her do the role of 'monica' friends..loll i dunno i just see her as that
  1. Do you think Sonam has a great fashion sense? Would you follow it

she has an AMAZING fashion sense, lovee what she wears, she can pull of anything. i would definitely follow it

Mariha_LoveIF thumbnail
Some questions...

Ans..hmm, She has such attraction dat anybody can like her..I'm her fan since SAAWARYA, I loved the way she portrayed the character of Sakina and she was really a natural beauty..And den again DELHI-6, She was looking like a pakki dil ki chorni 😆 I mean..Totally a simple but shweet gal.. Everybody knows her as the Masakalli gal..Right...

If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do?
Ans.. I really want to see her in the role of Geet from Jab We met.. because of the following reasons..
1. She would look shona opposite Shahid Kapoooor!...
2. I want to see her in a chatter box character...
And I think that she would also look good as Jenny in APKGK..because..
1. Ranbir looks amazing with her.
2. I want to see her doing unlimited comedy...

Ans..Yaaaa!..Her fashion sense is marvelous..She's a fultoo fashion freak or FFF..😆 Every dress she has wore till date in bolly parties, She looks hot and happening in it..And sure, If I get a chance to steal her look den Why not...Oh I mean follow..hihi...😆

SONAM ROX!
-Masakali- thumbnail
  1. For all those who like Sonam, why do you like her?
I am in love with her because she is what I want to be. I love that she speaks her mind, yes sometimes she might offend people, but at least she is honest. I wish I were so like her, but alas, I am not. Besides that, I love how she finds joy in everything and her view of the world.
  1. If Sonam could portray any role (movies, books), which role would you like her to do?
I honestly had so many, but right now I am drawing a blank.
Personally, I think I would like to follow it, but where would I have that much money? Ahaha, but in all seriousness, I love that she experiments. "Some people recognize artists, I recognize fashion"

jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i can't believe i missed this thread. sonam is really one of my favourite bollywood actresses. other than katrina, she is the one i've got a girl crush on.😆

i like sonam because she is undoubtedly charming.😊 i remember the first time i saw the promos of Saawariya where sonam's face wasn't shown at all and i was instantly intrigued by her. then i read up more on sonam & stumbled across a ranbir-sonam interview which was so candid & hilarious that i immediately fell in love with both of them.😊

i liked sonam a bit more than ranbir because her sense of humour is awesome. she speaks her mind & that is one of sonam's biggest pluses. i hate actresses who pretend to be all sweet & coy but speak ill of others behind their backs. sonam was like a breath of fresh air in the pretentious fake film industry. she actually seemed like a geninue girl & that made me even of a fan than before.😊

sonam's acting is also fabulous. she was so natural & sweet in Saawariya, it was as if the character sakina was written for her & her only. sonam is very beautiful but what attracted me to her was her personality & that is why i still love this girl. she hasn't seemed to have changed a bit since her debut days. good going sona! you rock!

Meg Ryan's role in You've Got Mail. i don't know but sonam just has the natural charm, beauty & sweetness that meg ryan has. she would be perfect for the hindi remake of You've Got Mail. since i'm a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella's 'Shopaholic' series i'd like sonam to attempt playing Rebecca Bloomwood. actually sonam would be perfect for that role.

yes, sonam does have a great fashion sense. i actually didn't like her dressing during the Saawariya times especially those loose salwaars she used to wear but sonam's fashion sense now has improved leaps & bounds.😃 her style is casual, sweet & always has tinges of indian culture in it. sonam always remains faithful to her indian roots even while dressing up & that's something i admire in her.😊