Health & Fitness

Wine is good for skin and for health

ipshika.g thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Women have claimed for years that wine keeps them looking young and beautiful.
Red grape skin and seeds are filled with cell-renewing polyphenols and resveratrols, it's much more fun to drink wine than to smush grapes all over to stay looking young.Also, Red wine and something in red wine called resveratrol might be heart healthy. A Glass of wine is fun and can be enjoyed by women.... My fav wine is Cabernet Shiraz from Sula Vineyards.....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ipshitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Actually its the other way round for me...lol...I don't like wine at all...it tastes bitter to me so I prefer eating grapes.

And you are right about the reserveratrols found in red grapes. Would like to add that they also increase longevity and provide the same anti-aging benefits as provided by calorie restriction. 
serendipity. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
OMG nhii yaar! seriously??
ashbipasha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Fortunately I like both grapes and wine.
jaan11 thumbnail

Ten tips for clear, beautiful skin are -

1. Proper Exfoliation:
Dead skin cells clog skin pores, which later turn into ugly blackheads. This prevents the
natural excretion of dirt and oil and encourages acne and pimples. Regular exfoliation
(the removal of dead skin cells) is the first step to clear skin.

2. Keep hair away from your face:
Hair contains oil, and brushing your hair against your face increases and spreads oiliness.

3. Keep hairspray and gels off your face:
These contain chemicals which are harsh on your tender facial skin. Such chemicals
bruise, rupture, and cause skin scars. These lead to the formation and growth of
bacteria causing acne and pimples.

4. Do not touch your face with your hands:
Your hands contain invisible dirt, oil, and bacteria.
When you touch your face with them, it encourages acne and spreads it too.

5. Gently wash your face regularly two or three times a day:
Use a good cleanser to wash your face and do not change cleansers too often.

6. Use moisturizer after washing your face:
Use an oil-free moisturizer after washing your face to keep your skin's pores clean.
Similarly, water-based make-up helps your skin breathe more easily.

7. Avoid picking at acne and pimples:
It is most tempting to pop pimples, but this spreads the bacteria.

8. Eat Proper food:
Fried and oily foods contain higher percentages of oil. This increases oil secretion in your
body, which accelerates acne breakouts. Exclude sugary and fatty foods; instead, stick
to light meals of vegetables and fruits with some cereals, proteins, and lots of water.

9. Stop changing face creams and lotions too frequently:
Follow your skin care regimen diligently and do not change creams, liquids, and lotions
often. You should test the suitability of different face creams, finding one that suits you.

10. Stress:
Relax when it is appropriate, and get enough exercise. Your body reacts negatively to
high levels of stress, and it is often the health of your skin which reflects the stress you
are under. And of course, an acne outbreak only tends to add more stress to your life.
teetime thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
i have heared that before, but i do not like wine although i have tried
harsh28 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Based on the article I've read on pureandhealthy.com, resveratrol can be also a great energy booster and increases the level of patience and stamina. For this reason, it is very important component for athletes. It also an important ingredient in the diet plan because it can burn lot of calories and thus weight loss is achieved.