Things You Don't Like in the Modern Culture?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Hey IFians!

Well, this time around we are discussing some things you don't like in modern culture...

What are some things that bother you? That you wouldn't like to see happening around you even though they happen quite regularly?

Confused?

Let me start with a short list of things that I don't like..

- Swearing to appear cool (😳 I find it quite uncool)
- Packing up and Leaving the class even before the Professor is done lecturing (I think it's quite rude actually)
- Picking on others just to show how better you are.

^^^I'm not saying that these things are a part of the modern culture but I've seen it happening a lot especially in college so that's why.^^^

So, what are the things that bother you?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
hehehe

The girlfriend /boyfriend system 😳  sex b4 marriage seems ok to some but not to me, i am a little orthadox but maybe thats just me, might seem ok to some though..I dont know if this relates to the moddeern society but it definitely is more open today then it was yesterday.

For me it is necessary to use the F word at least once a week  😔 cuz it calms down those angry emotions of mine in one go, but I ain't a potty mouth.
LeadOxide thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I dont like people being too selfish nowadays, I am not saying that people weren't selfish before but now its just too much
dream thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well i hate so many things
-- smoking anywhr even in frnt parents or teachers
-- leaving the class when ur cell is ringing even though the teacher is thr
-- obv the so called break up thing..i HATE it
-- usuing bad words in public which ppl thnk is cool but which is reallyy vvv uncool👎🏼
-- some stupid outfits..which r really iriitating
-- less emotions in any relationship...

n many more..i'll thnk abt it 🤣
isomers thumbnail

I hate:
 How kids these days are behaving rudely with their elders...like cursing them or insulting them. Very uncool! elders deserve respect..and they need to be shown respect
 The so called "love" at such young ages...GOD! no one even knows what love is at teenage..sorry. This is just my opinion.
 The clothes that teenagers are wearing now a days..I'm a teenager myself and I can't stand those kind of clothes..very open and not nice at all.
 Cursing for no reason! I can't stand that.
 How people use "Holy" before some words..no need to insult god with words such as holy sh*t and etc.

The list goes on and on so I'm going to stop here..cuz if I start now..I won't be able to stop.
-LilyGurl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Swear Words deffo
Starting relationships too young
i noo ppl who started dating gr 4
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
-Swearing
-Picking on others
-Being rude to the teacher to seem cool
-Sex before marriage. If you wanna do it, go ahead. Its your personal choice but i hate when people brag about it. & if someone decides not to have sex before marriage, they are made fun of
-"skipping" lol doesnt have to do with modern culture a whole lot
but it pisses me off...sure maybe if the person does it once in a while but not all the time! (depends on who it is--when my friend did it, it pissed me off cause she never came anymore and failed her classes)

and this pissed me off when my friend said "lets get tardy to class"
i was like..what the heck? are you kidding me? whats fun about getting late to class? She was saying it as if she was asking me to do something fun and worthwhile 😆

Edited by Jess. - 14 years ago
guju_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
These Days The Younger Generation Seems To Be Doing Whatever They Like, Certainly They're The Ones To Make Mistakes But Some Parents Also Play Part In It; As They Give Too Much Freedom - Parents Don't Want To Act Even Slightly Strict Because They Think Their Interaction With The Child Will Disappear (This Happens Due To Other Parents Of The Child's Friends And The Parents Friends Doing The Same, Maybe Even Peer Pressure - Just To Be Cool, But Actually It's Foolish, And By The Time People Realize Their Mistakes It's Too Late), But It Actually Makes Things Worst, I'm Not Saying They Should Be Locked In A Room And Not Ever Allowed To Go Out, But They Should Be Given Limits, I've Not Really Been Talked Through These Things, My Parents Don't Really Lecture Me, But If We Use Our Common Sense And Chose The Right Path There's No Chance Of Choosing The Wrong One, That Way You'll Happy And Also The Parents Will Be Happy. My Ideas Certainly Sound Very Orthodox But I Guess It's Just The Way I've Been Brought Up.

Here Are Some Things I Don't Like About Modern Culture;

1. Not Dressing Sensibly, You Can Look Attractive Without Wearing Too Revealing Clothes.
2. Loosing Virginity Before Marriage, If You Break Up With Your Boyfriend, Get Pregnant And Get Married To Someone Else, Your Surely To Be In An Awkward Situation With Your Husband, It'll Be Worst If You Hide It From Him.
3. Not Giving Enough Respect To Grandparents And Parents, They Push Themselfs To Keep You Happy Throughout Your Childhood And In Their Old Age You Ditch Them; I Don't Call That Humanity?
4. People Only Thinking About Themselves; There's Your Own Future, The Other People Future And New Generations Future To Come, So Don't Ignore It And Do Everything In Your Own Way.
5. Discrimination Of Ethics, Religion, Cast And Social Status; We Are What We Are And There's Nothing Wrong With It, We're ONE WORLD And We Live Together, One Action Can Make An Impact On The WHOLE WORLD, No Matter What We Are We're All The Same, Don't Discriminate Anything, There's Nothing Wrong With Being Different?.. What's Different Anyway? Type X Will Obviously Think Type Y is Different And Type Y Will Obviously Think Type X Is Different, There's No Difference Between Us Really We're All Living Things And Helping Each Other Out Is Our Duty. We're ONE WORLD :)
dreamer_dreams thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
there are a lot of things which seem odd to me
1. smoking being the foremost...not that it didn't exist earlier but i just don't like it
2. discrimination based on color, looks and especially religion
3. swearing
4. people try to show they are better than others
5. corruption existing on every level
6. extra stressed out life style due to d madness for out beating others around them
priya_sparsha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I hate quiet a few things😆
  • direspecting elders : No matter who it is. parents, relatives or someone you see outside..
  • being too harsh with some people without knowing everything.
  • Feeling ashamed of our culture ( yes, you read it right,, I have seen quiet few people like that😲) Or behaving bad with an some random Indian " just to let them know how Americanized they are"
  • swearing is most common. And yeah me too never liked anyone misusing God's name.
  • Never fully commit themselves in a relationship because its just for fun and just to "show off".
  • Oh yeah,, misbehaving with instructors.. talking too rude as if they are most greatest human being on earth.