blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
When our grandfather's house was broken down after 56 years, all of us were very upset. Time had caught up with it and the electrical circuits and sewage system had to be redone. The cost was prohibitive. The older floor plan was not conducive for modern living. We had a great party together, bidding it farewell before it was razed to the ground and a new home built. The one good thing uncle did was reuse every piece of wood and grillwork to make us feel better. While the walls have changed, the doors, windows and iron grills remain familiar.

I can well understand where Abha stands with her ancestral home. the gold foil is immaterial. For many, who have never lived in an ancestral home, but have only seen the insides of a flat or apartment, such a story may have no significance.

Attachment of any sort is a deterrent to spiritual growth. Attachment to house and country, even more. For growth, every one of these attachments need to be dropped. That is going to happen to every member of the Thakur family, soon.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

skeptical thumbnail
As far as I can see there is nothing spiritual about this serial.  It is about money.  Money gives comfort and the loss of it takes the comfort away.  True everything is transient and nothing lasts forever.  In the story it is the same with the Golden Palace.  It's withering.  Its all about delusions (Aloknath), disillusions (CP) and slothfulness(Prakash).  Mayb Abby will hit upon an idea and turn it into a hotel as most of these ancient monuments seem to become ultimately. 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I feel rather than money the palace is a symbol of pride for aby's family.