TVD -- IMP NOTE PG10!

-dhruvi thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey guys.

I'm a HUGE  fan of the show but never read the books and I just wanted to know if they are actually worth reading. Have any of you read the novels? If you have, can you please tell me what you liked/disliked?

I've been wanting to read them for some time due to Damon-Bonnie, but am iffy about it.
From what I have seen some people only watch the show and some read the books before and like the books much more.

I know even though it's for mature audience due to the horror, she's not very descriptive (and that's why I'm iffy,plus they show is nothing alike the series) and I love description, do you think it might be a turn-off for me?

Dhruvi (:

Edited by dhruvi. - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
The Vampire Diaries?

Nope, never read them.  In fact never watched the show either.

But my experience says that books are usually so much better.  If the show is so good, then the books would be worth reading too.

-Mahi
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^^ I agree with Mahi...
-Ami- thumbnail
I've read the book. =D But I haven't gotten so far. I'm only done with like the first one. 😆

And to be honest, I watched the show for like 3 weeks and then had to stop since swimming sort of got in the way. But from what I watched, I really liked the book better because in the show, it  was really different.
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Well, I've actually not read the book or watched the show, but I plan to do both once my exams are over. From what I know of the series, the show has taken a lot of liberties in order to be a long series. Which is to be expected. I guess if you go into it with an open-mind, with the fact that you know a lot of things will have be changed, reading the book and then watching the series should not affect you. After all, if the series had been copied exactly for the show, it wouldn't have been a long show, more like a miniseries. :P

Of course, that won't stop us from complaining right? I love griping about stuff like that, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up enjoying both. :)

[you're a Damon/Bonnie fan too? Apparently, in the books, there are more scenes! They're apparently written really well. I'd definitely suggest reading it. Remember, keep an open mind. lol.]

Love,
Radz

-dhruvi thumbnail

Okay hahaha since the only reason I was going to read was because of Bonnie & Damon; i researched about the books and found this extra story that's not part of the book just for them, & I found Bonnie really annoying. She was so girly and completely diff from the show. But since I'm such a bookworm I'll end up giving up and reading soon during this "haitus" till Jan; of course I will complain, but I know all the DB in the book & show will make it worth it.

Are you a fan of DB too? Bcz I read this "spoiler" not really one but it said that there will be a Elena/Stefan/Damon triangle & Elena/Damon will be paired when it comes back in Jan *eck!*

& Jeyton was the only reason [besides Brathan or Brucas] why I watch OTH.
I hate the fact that Leyton got together, they are so similiar & it bugs me, bcz there is no sparks, it's cute, but no sparks. While with Jeyton they had both & our cute little Jenny.
Edited by xobabiicakesz - 14 years ago
Anhdara13 thumbnail
OMG, Jeyton is awesome! And Brucas. They so should have been endgame. I have like a whole rant, that I never get the chance to type out.

And Damon/Bonnie are supposed to be written really well. Haven't done it yet. Starting the books today.

Love,
Radz

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I didnt read them yet but the teacher at the school library is gonna give it to me right after its turned in :D

I read the back of the 2nd book and it sounds really good!
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I actually just got finished reading the 1st one...and to be honest I like the show better...I dont know why..the show is more exciting and scary.,..obviously since they have to elongate the story a lot more...but the book is good nontheless...I thin if you do read it...dont try to compare it to the show....

I compared so much that it hurt my brain....so I just stopped comparing and viewed the show and books from two different point of view....
Anhdara13 thumbnail
I just finished books 1 and 2, and I haven't watched the show yet. But I've seen clips of it, and it's extremely different. But both are extremely well-made and entertaining in their own rights, so like Tani said, view them as separate entities, and enjoy them!

Love,
Radz