VideoMix

DOTW -- Video Effects Discussion --

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago

Hello guys! A lot of times what sets one vm apart from another is the amount of effects used. πŸ˜ƒ

Here are the top 10 Video effects commonly used 😊

1. Dissolves
2. Old movie
3. Black and white
4. Split screen
5. Wide screen
6. Fast motion
7. Slow motion.
8. Fade in fade out
9. Superimpose
10. Iris

~ Questions ~

1. Do you usually use a lot of effects? Or like a lot of effects?

2. What are your favorites?

3. Is there an effect you have really loved but didn't get a chance to use it yet?

4. Share a video that had a excellent use of effects

Edited by Perfangel5655 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Perfangel5655

~ Questions ~

I love using effects, it gives any video personality ...the thing is it has to be subtle enough for the viewer not be annoyed by it but also enough for it to be noticed.  Its probably not the best idea to go crazy with a coloring you love and make it either so dark or so bright that he vid is hard to see..in this case many viewers will prolly opt out of seeing the video..but then again, a good mixture of coloring, clipping, and transition effects can lead to a brilliant vid!

Hmm...def. my favorite effects would be cookie cutter [sony vegas], slow flash [sony vegas], classic black and white, ALOT of coloring, texting, and texturing

3. Is there an effect you have really loved but didn't get a chance to use it yet?
Probably all of the glows, lights/beams etc.. I've used it once and thought it to be pretty nice but never saw a great use for it..so if anyone's got any tips let me know :)

There are SOOOOO many!! If i had to pick someone from IF, I'd def say roz's 'zara si' vid that she made for kash..the timing of the clips and organization was brilliant

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i m a vfx movie director so no need to tell nything i can just post this to showcase wht effects i use...it has become popular over the net and recently a clip from youtube was shown on sahara samay channelπŸ˜ƒ

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3plblqAgNA[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Human_Torch - 14 years ago
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Though not a lot of effects but yeah I do like them. Makes a VM look better than it would look without the effects !!

My favorites are Fade In or Fade Out. Even use the Sepia effect sometimes !!

I like when 2 videos are merged using the Sony Vegas. the effect really looks nice if merged properly. Never had the time or the patience or the skill to try out this effect !!! πŸ˜†

Will edit this later !! Will search for the video πŸ˜ƒ

Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

~ Questions ~

I use quite a bit of effects, but I try to be mindful of using too many. I know I get a headache when I see too many flashes or fast cuts, so I try to avoid them. I only use what I think is necessary to enhance the video.

I love using colouring and the cookie cutter effect. (Sony Vegas) When used well, even the simplest of effects look fantastic.

I really love the zoom effects, but I've never found a way to use it effectively in any of my videos.

Whoa. Erm, there are a few. On IF, I'd say Khushi's Morey Saiyaan. I love the effect she does in the beginning. On YouTube, there are many that successfully use masking and other things.

Love,
Radz

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hello guys! A lot of times what sets one vm apart from another is the amount of effects used. πŸ˜ƒ

Here are the top 10 Video effects commonly used 😊

1. Dissolves
2. Old movie
3. Black and white
4. Split screen
5. Wide screen
6. Fast motion
7. Slow motion.
8. Fade in fade out
9. Superimpose
10. Iris

~ Questions ~

yes being a vfx movie maker, i use lots and lots of effects

mine are from powerdirector and premier like spotlight, glow, crop, shading, lens effects etc

i think i have used all of them since i keep downloading the programs

lol i have aleady done thtπŸ˜‰

aish_punk thumbnail
nice dotw :)

hmm i love using some effects, they give a good touch to the mix.
Hue, cycle's entire colour spectrum n Sepia

3. Is there an effect you have really loved but didn't get a chance to use it yet? yeah Hue, c ycle's entire colour spectrum

All of noha's mixes!

-aish
-ialwayswill- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

~ Questions ~

1. Do you usually use a lot of effects? Or like a lot of effects? - hmm well i like effects a lot but i doont use too much of it...and wmm doesnt relli have sooo much effects...but i do uses fade in n fade out most commomnly..love them !πŸ˜†

2. What are your favorites? - mine actually i love fades...n then grayscales r usful...but stunning one in wmm are mirror effects i love them !πŸ˜ƒ

3. Is there an effect you have really loved but didn't get a chance to use it yet? - well soo many of vegas...but since vegas isnt getting instanlled in my pc so..bad luck

4. Share a video that had a excellent use of effects - welll hmm i'd love o share one of mari di's vegas effects

[YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zacI7fjSLgk[/YOUTUBE]

thanks for a great dotw !
vaishu😳