Celebrity Fan Clubs

Diva's Of The Week - Bips, Genelia, Katrina, PC

preity*zinta thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hi Hi,

Due to our lack of time and four other remaining divas we have decided to make one post for them.

Bipasha Basu

Bipasha first kick started her career when she won Ford Godrej's Cinthol Supermodel Contest in 1996. Bipasha was born in New Delhi to a Bengali family. She is one of three sisters.
Bipasha first debuted in Bollywood with Abbas Mustan's Ajnabee starring some of Bollywood's biggest stars: Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor and Bobby Deol.
Bipasha is known to be dating Bollywood's hottest star: John Abraham.

Bipasha's up and coming projects to keep an eye out for are
1) Paankh
2) Lamhaa

Genelia D'Souza

Genelia was born in 1987 in Mumbai. Her family hails from a Manglorean Catholic community. Genelia is known to act in Telegu and Hindi films. Genelia first made her debut into bollywood opposite Ritesh Deshmukh in Tujhe Meri Kasam. It was in 2008 when Genelia starred in Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na that brought her to fame.

Genelia's upcoming projects are:
1) Hook Ya Crook starring John Abraham
2) Dance Pe Chance starring Shahid Kapur
3) It's My Life starring Harman Baweja

Katrina Kaif

Katrina was born in Hong Kong to a Kashmiri father and British mother. Katrina is one of 8 siblings. She was raised in Hawaii  but later moved to her mothers hometown, England. Katrina began modeling at the age of 14 in London. Her modelling work led her to be found by director Kaizad Gustad in 2003 for her debut film Boom starring Amitabh Bachchan. Her performance in Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya starring Salman Khan got her Stardust Breakthrough Performance Award.
Katrina is known to be dating Bollywoods Biggest star Salman Khan

Some of her upcoming projects to look forward to are
1) De Dhana Dan - releasing this week
2) Rajneeti starring Ranbir Kapoor

Priyanka Chopra

Priyanka Chopra gained fame by winnng the Miss World title in 2000. She made her bollywood debut with The Hero: Love Story Of A Spy. A year later she came out with Andaaz starring Akshay Kumar. Priyanka won the Filmfare Best Female Debut Award in 2004. Priyanka got accolades of claim with her 2008 hit Fashion.

Priyanka's upcoming films are
1) Pyaar Impossible starring Uday Chopra
2) Don 2 starring SRK
3) Anjanna Anjanni starring Ranbir Kapoor
4) Seven Husbands
and a Hollywood remake of Bride Wars with Katrina Kaif

Discussion:
Whom is your favourite and why?
The best work your favourite has done?
Who would you like to see your favourite star with?

Feel free to add or say anything else you like abour our diva's :)

CFC Dev Team
Edited by preity*zinta - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

radhika_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

I like Bipasha and Genelia but PC is my favourite. The reason I like her is mainly because of her personality. I started liking her in 2004 because I thought she was very pretty. I began reading her interviews and articles around 2006. I found her to be very humble, down-to-earth and sincere to her work. She doesn't like to interfere in others' lives and focuses on her work. She is a thorough proffesional and she can work with people who she may not get along with. Her work means the most to her and she is a no-nonsense girl. I like how she keeps her personal life private from her proffesional though it can be very annoying at times.  Also I really like the fact that she is a very homely girl. After gaining so much success, she is still rooted to her family values. For her, her family means a lot. A lot of celebrities forget that their parents have also contributed to where they are but she hasn't. She also gives time to her fans despite her busy schedule and listens to their opinions whether they are postive or negative and then tries her best to improve. I really appreciate that. She has been very active when it comes to charities and social work and encourages her fans and people to do the same.

PC has acted badly in many of her movies but in my opinion, Kaminey, Fashion and Aitraaz were her best. I loved her in these roles. I am also looking forward to Vishal Bhardwaj's next. I am sure she will do well.

I am not really bothered with co-stars. If the script, story and director is good then the chemistry between two actors can come out well, at times. I want PC to work with many capable actors as possible. By saying capable, I do not mean actors like Uday Chopra, Dino Morea etc... So I do have a long list of actors who I don't want her to work with. Although I love her pairing with Shahid. 😳

P.S, priety*zinta can you change PC's list of upcoming films? Don't Worry has been shelved, it was a very old film. Kismat Talkies has also been shelved. It's not happening anymore. After Pyar Impossible, she has Anjaana Anjaani opposite Ranbir Kapoor, Vishal Bhardwaj's Seven Husbands, Bride Wars remake with Katrina and Don 2 with Shahrukh Khan, which you have already mentioned. I'd really appreciate that. Thanks. 😊

Edited by radhika_21 - 14 years ago
preity*zinta thumbnail
^^ Thank you for the correction. I really like what you've said about the co-star bit. A good co star is ovbiously ideal but it's always the script that matters these days :)
radhika_21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Thanks a lot! Yeah, it's the script that matters the most. Some actors may have chemistry between them but if the script is weak then even their pairing cannot save the film at times, not always though.
aish_punk thumbnail
hmm its a gud idea to post all of em together :)..but Kat was aldready done?

Whom is your favourite and why? Kat,Genelia,Bips,PC
Kat - Ajab Prem ki Gazab Khaani
Genelia - Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na
Bips - Race and BAH
PC - Fashion,Dostana,WYR and many more..
Kat with Shahid
Genelia with Imran
Bips looks gud with Saif
PC with SRK again

Rafa.LunaPotter thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Whom is your favourite and why? PC!
PC - Fashion,Dostana,WYR and many more....almost all her Movies are superb!!!
PC with Harman, Shahid, John!
-Zoya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Well I like Bipasha and Priyanka a lot but among them ma favourite actress is Katrna kaif
WEll she is really beautiful and I just love her smile and I must say that she has done a lot of hard work to reach to the place where she stand
A person who does not know the language and was not at all good in acting have acheived so much...
She indeed is very lucky
And according to me she is also gifted because learning something which you have not been used to or living in a culture which is unknown to you and adjusting in it is really difficult and she has done it and I truly love her and appreciate her for her hard work

She has done many roles and I love her in almost every role she plays but according to me the best performane she has given till date has to be the character of Maya in New York...
Before NY... People used to say that she cant act properly and its all her looks that has made her to reach where she is today but in NY she has proved that besides comedy.. She can also play an emotional and a powerful role and has proved people wrong that its all because of her beauty abd has shown that she has the potential and can potray any kind of role

Well I would love to see Katrina with Shahrukh Khan
If they would come together in some film...
It would be a dream comes true for me as I simply love the both
Hope they come together sooon

Take Care
Zoya
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i love all four but my favourite has to be katrina kaif.😊 why? hmm.. that's a tough one. i guess katrina as a person appeals to me a lot. i actually didn't like her at all during her maine pyaar kyun kya times but she grew on me during HumKo Deewana Kar Gaye period. though her voice was dubbed in the film she did a decent job especially during the second half of the film.👏

i also like how katrina takes the effort to improve herself in every passing film of hers, she didn't know any hindi when she first entered the industry but she tried hard & managed to master the language.👏 kat was a fish out of water when she started out yet now she's adapted herself so well to bollywood. that is a feat that needs to be applauded.

lastly katrina's personality is very magnetic. yes she is beautiful but there is something beyond that to her.😊 i like katrina's family-oriented thinking, she puts her family before herself and she really wants to get her sisters married off before thinking of herself. it's hard to find a girl like her these days. katrina is beautiful inside out. that is why i love her.😃

Jia in HumKo Deewana Kar Gaye, that was the character that first made me notice katrina. i haven't seen New York yet but i think that role of kat's will also be my favourite.

akshay kumar. i haven't seen another actor match katrina to the extent akshay does. akshay & katrina's chemistry is excellent both onscreen & offscreen.😳 other than akshay, i'd like to see katrina with imran khan & harman baweja. both imran & harman are so handsome, they'll match the beautiful katrina perfectly.😊
Faiirytale x3 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Okayy well i thought i would come support my favorite.. hehe
GENELIA for suree 😊

shes my fav because she is so down to earth and i love her attitude along with her talent! she is such a cute,bubbly girl with so much potential 😊 shes going to rock in bollywood! 😊

best work.
south movie: bommarillu
and in bolly i would say Jaane Tu.. but i dont know fro how long cuz CPD is comingggg!! <33

i would like to see her with many people.
paired with shaid and imran and sidd she rocks! i want them to do mor movie togetherr 😊 and in new people i wasnt to see her in a movie with Neil, Farhan maybe and  SRK.. idk she looks great with anyone! hehe
WildestDreams thumbnail
Whom is your favourite and why? Kat and Priyanks becoz they are gorgoues and hard working
The best work your favourite has done?Kat in DDD and Namastey London and Priyanka in Fashion and Kkrish
Priyanka and Kat with Hrithik
Priyanka with Ranbir
Kat with John

-Parm-