Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Articles Related to KGGK-No Comments - Page 2

114268 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Mohnish no more part of Kasamh Se
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   October 24, 2005

Mohnish Behl
Actor Mohnish Behl will not be part of Balaji Telefilms' forthcoming show on Zee, Kasamh Se (originally titled Kaanchi). Mohnish shot for Kasamh Se for a day in Powai, but quit after he was approached to don the garb of Suyash Mehra in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

Time factor

Parmeet Sethi
When contacted, Behl said, "Yes, it's true that I am not going to be part of Kasamh Se. After I shot for the show for a few hours, I landed KGGK. The role in KGGK is very meaty; even the Kasamh Se role was quite substantial, and I couldn't do plum roles in two dailies as I would need more than 24 hours a day."

Isn't one of the reasons that Behl doesn't shoot beyond 7 pm? "Yes, I shoot for television from 10 to 7 pm; I don't believe in shooting beyond 7 pm unless there is an emergency or technical error."

Explaining why he shoots late hours for films, the actor says, "In films, we work shifts. I can't go on for 17 hours in a day, or the quality suffers. I want to come to the sets with a spring in my stride — I hate dragging my feet."

Behl was supposed to play the middle sister's husband, Jai Walia in the serial. Sandeep Sikcand, creative head for Kasamh Se, says, "That was the original plan.

Now, the story has undergone changes, plus Mohnish is very busy with KGGK, so we are looking at others who can fit the bill. Jai Walia is a big character. It makes a lot of sense to keep Mohnish in one daily. Plus, Kasamh Se, originally supposed to be just three times a week, has now become five times a week," adds Sikcand.

Will Raj do it?

We hear that Parmeet Sethi (Raj of Jassi) has been approached to play Jai Walia. Sethi confirmed to hitList that he had received the offer. "But I haven't met Balaji on this, yet," the actor said. Before Behl, Balaji had thought of Kumar Gaurav for the role. The deal with Gaurav did not materialise because of money issues.

Kasamh Se — a story of three sisters Bani (Prachi Desai), Pia (Roshni Chopra) and Rano (Arunima Sharma) — is scheduled to air next month.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
Parvati returns on KBC 2
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   October 21, 2005

Saakshi Tanwar
Even as you read this, Tulsi and Parvati — the top bahu icons of Indian television — are busy shooting on the sets of KBC 2.  HitList brings you an exclusive encounter with Saakshi Tanwar as she plonks herself on the hot seat; this Diwali special will air October 30. 

Second time lucky

Although it's the "dweteeya" time for her, Saakshi is jittery. "It's so scary. It's like being on a cricket ground and facing googlies.

The whole ambience of Amitabhji's imposing presence, the red-light blinking on the camera and the prospect of  lakhs of our TV serial fans watching globally, is so unnerving, We are both expecting to get roasted on the hot seat. And I am already petrified. Even if we cross the Rs 6.4 lakh hurdle, I will feel like an Olympic champion."

I'll call dad

"With no time to brush up our general knowledge — only a shower of good luck can save us.  I wanted both my parents in the audience, boosting my morale, but they cannot make it. I didn't coax them because Thursday is Karva Chauth, and I wanted  them to be together.  During the game show, the moment I get the phone-a-friend option, I will speak to my dad in Alwar (Rajasthan) because he is well versed in current affairs. Even he is keen on speaking to Amitji.

Parents can't make it

When my mother watched the Preity Zinta-Saif Ali episode on KBC 2,  she'd predicted that I would be called for one of the special episodes. And it happened!  I wanted at least one of my parents to be on the show as my companion; but my father met with an accident recently, and avoids exerting his legs, and my mother, who went through a cardiac surgical procedure, has also been advised to refrain from hectic traveling.

Mommy's joy and pride

The biggest delight for Tanwar is that her mother will watch her laadli beti on KBC, in a glamorous appearance. "Ever since my character Parvati was widowed on Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, my mother was advised not to watch the episodes, as it makes her hyper.

But she could not resist and has been watching me religiously. When she sees me once again in my glamorous look, in a specially designed ravishing red sari, she is bound to be elated," says the doting daughter

114268 thumbnail
Now, Achint in Corporate league
   October 19, 2005

Achint Kaur
Madhur Bhandarkar's Corporate has a new addition — actress Achint Kaur (Pallavi of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Durga of Piya Ka Ghar) signed on the dotted line, yesterday.

Talking to hitList, Bhandarkar revealed, "Achint wanted to work with me even before Page 3 released.

After Page 3, I kept her in mind. I think she has loads of style. Her dialogue delivery and expressions are in sync; she looks the character I want in Corporate — a royal housewife. I am sure I have made the right decision," the director said.

Achint will play Rajat Kapoor's wife and Kay Kay Menon's sister; Kapoor plays a wealthy businessman. When contacted, Achint confirmed the news. "It's not a very big role; it can be termed as a cameo, but it's substantial."

What about TV?

"As far as TV is concerned, I have completed shooting for Piya Ka Ghar (Zee). Balaji Telefilms called me back for a few episodes of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (Star Plus) because my husband in the serial, Aditya Gujral, was killed. But I am now concentrating only on Kahaani," added the actress.

Corporate, to be produced by Percept Picture Company, stars Bipasha Basu, Kay Kay Menon, Rajat Kapoor, Samir Dattani, Harsh Chhaya and Payal Rohatgi.

114268 thumbnail
Rupali refuses to be hospitalised
   By: Tushar Joshi
   October 13, 2005

Rupali Ganguly
Television's favourite chatterbox — Rupali Ganguly (Monisha of Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai and Gayatri in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) has been keeping a low profile.

The actress was recently diagnosed with severe stress and a viral infection. In fact, her condition was so bad, that doctors at Lilavati Hospital advised her to get admitted, as her illness could prove fatal. But the chirpy actress refused, and continued shooting for her shows.

Fear factor

"I was told by the doctors that I needed to be under observation, and they asked me to get admitted. But there was no one who could be with me in hospital, and I am scared of staying in a room alone. I didn't want to be in that situation."

Fattening fast

The actress had to take injections on the sets, during her shoot for Sarabhai v/s Sarabhai. "I am on the way of recovery now and in much better shape than before. I even kept a fast for the nine nights of Navratri, which I am breaking today." Was it a strict fast? "No, I would die if I didn't eat. Roshesh (Rajesh Kumar) and I kept eating sabudana preparations, and ended up hogging twice the amount of food we normally do."

Sarabhai family

At the moment, Rupali is hardly seen in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, making Sarabhai her only prime show. "I love Sarabhai — it's more fun and less work for me. We are like a family and miss each other like mad when there is no shoot."

But why isn't the actress taking on new shows? Says Rupali, "I am not being offered work I really want to do. I have never got myself involved in something I dislike. I would want to be totally convinced about it to take it on."

114268 thumbnail
Why Shweta turned down Kkavyanjal
   September 24, 2005

Shweta Kawaatra
Who says Ekta Kapoor holds grudges forever? Here is one more example to prove that the so-called hard taskmaster is professional, and casts actors purely on merit and not on her past experiences with them.

Kapoor wanted Shweta Kawaatra (Pallavi of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) to play Pammi (now played by Nandini Singh, aka Kesar of Kesar) in her dearest product till date, Kkavyanjali.

She had no reservation in casting Kawaatra, who had walked out of Kahaani, saying she was stagnating and felt uncomfortable when a youngster (Krishna, played by Sachin Sharma) addressed her as mom in the show.

Says Shweta, "I was offered the role. But I was not going to be in town when they wanted my track to begin. So I told them I couldn't do it." Who called her? Kapoor herself? "A couple of people called," she says, diplomatically.

"I really can't say whether I liked the role or not. Of course, I heard it out, but only briefly; I didn't get too much into it so as to really like or dislike it. I was out of town for a month and they wanted to shoot before my return date." Nandini entered Kkavyanjali in mid-July.

"After that Balaji again called to ask if I could do the lawyer's role in Kkavyanjali, but I couldn't do even that.

That time, I had already zeroed in for Sanjay Wadhwa's Rang. Plus I had CID — Special Bureau. I couldn't put my hand in three dailies." The lawyer's role is now being played by Rupali Ganguly (Dr Simran of Sanjeevani).

Kapoor was unavailable for comment. Said her lieutenant, Nivedita Basu, "Yes, we wanted Kawaatra to get into Pammi's skin. But she said she would be out of India, at her sister's place in London.

We even asked Sweta Keswani to do that role. She didn't do it either, saying that firstly she didn't want to do a negative portrayal, and secondly, she was taking a break from television. I don't think we offered the lawyer's role to Kawaatra, though."

114268 thumbnail
Kahaani's Gaurav takes centre stage
   By: Chaitanya Padukone
   September 22, 2005

Gautam Chaturvedi with Sakshi Tanwar
A double delight awaits Gautam Chaturvedi, who plays Gaurav bhaiyya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

Gautam is set to become a father off-screen (for the second time), and, after lying low for dozens of episodes, has finally come out of Om Agarwal's shadow on the show with a prominent track.

Ironically, Om's real-life wife Rinku (she plays Chhaya) Karmarkar is using on-screen wife Shilpa (Jayaa Mathur) to create a rift between Gaurav and the widowed Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar).

Whether Gaurav will succumb to sibling Chhaya's pressure to oppose Parvati and snatch away the corporate clout she wields as MD of the family concern, remains to be seen.

Double-edged sword

Gautam is both delighted, yet wary, about his character development. He finally gets his share of limelight in the serial. "It's a dicey situation," he says. "I am excited to finally come centrestage and take charge of the business.

After having allowed Parvati to be at the helm of affairs, there is a domestic tug-of-war between us. My screen-sister Chhaya is unhappy with Parvati becoming MD at my instance, so she poisons my wife's mind and uses her to convince me it was a wrong decision," he adds.

"Parvati's character takes emotional, not rational decisions. Like when there was a critical meeting scheduled with the bank regarding credit limits, she prefers to go elsewhere to probe into a blast incident. Despite her priorities being off, Gaurav supports her because he holds her in high esteem," explains the actor.

Loyal trooper

Nearly a dozen TV actors, including Deepak Qazir (Babuji), Shweta Kawatra, Sachin Sharma and the latest, Manasi Varma (Monalika) have walked out of Kahaani as they were unhappy with the way their roles were shaping up What made Gautam stick around for five years, despite being overshadowed by Om's character?

"One of the reasons is my sentimental loyalty to the Balaji camp. Much before Ektaji started her fixation with K serials, I had acted in several Balaji shows like Mano Ya Na Mano, Ghar Ek Mandir and Itihaas. Secondly, I enjoyed being part of the Agarwal parivaar.

Recently, my track had its due prominence when I shifted my loyalty to Pallavi and took revenge when my newborn child was killed by the girl who secretly loved me.

Actress Jaya Mathur is the fourth to play my wife Shilpa — the other three, Neelam, Surbhi and Sucheta Trivedi, quit half-way through. I have patiently stuck on because Ekta is aware of my potential," says Gautam.

Marital bliss

Gautam (as Gaurav) has a major female fan following and gets all kinds of fan mail, asking about his marriage plans.

"It would be disheartening for them to know that I am happily married to Martha. We met while studying in Poddar College; while I drifted into acting, she was literally flying high as an air-hostess. We have a four-year old son Arjun, and my wife is expecting our second child in December.

Game, set, match!

Gautam is an avid tennis player. "Playing tennis is my passion and my dream is to play a doubles game with Sania Mirza as my partner on the courts," enthuses the actor, who originally wanted to be an army officer and had even cleared the entrance exam. "There was a twist in my career and I was hijacked into acting by destiny," he laughs.

114268 thumbnail
Mohnish to enter Kahaani
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   September 21, 2005

Mohnish Behl plays Suyaash Mehra in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Post the supernatural thriller KalCchakra, Mohnish Behl is back on the small screen in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. As the meticulous business baron Suyaash Mehra, he will be at loggerheads with the protagonist Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) in this Balaji drama.

Not my first time, says Behl

Behl, who began shooting for the Star Plus show yesterday at the Aakraman Studios, Goregaon, makes an entry in tonight's episode.

"This is the first time I am working in a Balaji serial though I have worked with them earlier in their other projects," says Behl. The actor had featured in Ekta-Shobha Kapoor's film Kyoki Main Jhuth Nahi Bolte, directed by David Dhawan, starring Govinda.

"The character of Suyaash Mehra is not a replacement for Om (Kiran Karmarkar) post his death," emphasises creative director Sandiip Sikcand at the outset. "It is a totally fresh entry and Suyaash is a brand new kick-ass character," he explains.

At the helm of his business house, Atlantic Company, Suyaash has to enter into a contract with the Agarwals. "He is a very conscious businessman and wary about the reputation of those he enters into business with.

He finds certain shortcomings in the business deal with the Agarwals much to their consternation. This angers Parvati who unleashes her ire at him."

More than what meets the eye

Adds Behl, "It is a very interesting character; he is an extremely driven industrialist but there is also a hidden sight to his persona which unfolds later in the show."

Will it be a case of foes turned friends later with Suyaash being the new man in Parvati's life? "Just wait and watch," is all what Sikcand has to offer.

Behl, who was earlier seen in the daily Sanjivani- A Medical Boon (Star Plus) and in the weekly Devi (Sony), also anchored the game show Bachke Rehnaa (Sony) two years ago.

On the big screen, he will be seen in Mahesh Manjrekar's Life Ho To Aisi along with wife Ekta.

114268 thumbnail
Deepak Qazir, Ali Asgar, Sakshi Tanwar and Neelam Mehra
5. Kahaani camp

Members: One can't miss how the entire Agrawal parivar always stands together (we mean literally) at any social gathering. Be it the holi celebration or an awards function, you will always see Sakshi Tanwar (Parvati) and her on-screen family sharing jokes and bonding big time. Unlike her sobbing and whining tube avatar, Sakshi is always the one hitting the dance floor and having the most fun.

Distinguishing features: One doesn't have to look too hard to find them. If you know your soaps, this parivaar is the easiest to spot. However, one member of the family who prefers to stay aloof is Kiran Karmarkar (Om). Kiran is usually seen standing by himself or hanging out with actors from other shows.

Most likely topic: These guys resemble a close-knit family. Whether it's fellow actor Chetan Hansraj's (Sasha) reception, or someone's birthday, they make sure their attendance is well noted. If you hear them laughing instead of shedding the mandatory tears, then it's likely to be Ali Asgar (Kamal) cracking his famous one-liners.

Edited by 114268 - 18 years ago
114268 thumbnail
  Sasha's Canada jaunt
   By: Tushar Joshi
   September 5, 2005

Inside the church of Ntre Dame
Canada is like a mini Mumbai," says Chetan Hansraj on his return from Montreal after attending the Indian Day parade held there.

The actor, who plays Garv in Kkusum (Sony), was invited to be part of the annual parade.

Gujju land

I was shocked to see the number of Gujaratis in Montreal. If I didn't know I was in Canada, it would have looked like Matunga.

The people there are so patriotic and loving, it was heartbreaking to come back. I left for Canada

Leading the Indian Day parade
on the 19th and the parade festivities started on the 21st.

I love my India

During the parade, all the Indians come out on the street in colourful, traditional outfits.

They sing and dance on popular film songs as well as patriotic songs. 

Chetan with a horse buggy in Old Montreal
The atmosphere is very lively and joyous.

Europe darshan

A lot of old Montreal has architecture like Europe — stone walls, beautiful churches and huge gardens.

I was surprised to see that everyone in Canada recognizes me as Garv (Kkusum) and not Sasha (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii). Kkusum is a huge hit there, and they kept asking me about what will happen next on

At the C N tower in Toronto
the show.

Off to Malaysia

I am leaving for Malaysia tonight. Being a part of Fear Factor is something I am really looking forward to.

I love the outdoors and sports, so I hope there's scope to try a hand at both.

[email protected]

114268 thumbnail
Shital ki social Kahaani
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   August 26, 2005
Nuts About Coconuts:
Getting naughty with a knife
Name:
Shital Thakkar.

Claim to fame: Born and raised in the city, this classical Bharatnatyam dancer chose to put her histrionic skills to use to make it big on television. After donning endearing cameo roles in television series like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Ye Meri Life Hai she is presently working with Aakanksha, a NGO for underprivileged children.

MISS BEANS: Shital gets
comfy at home
Favourite haunts:
Carter Road.

Favourite drinks: Lemon tea.

Favourite street-food: Dabeli roti and sukha bhel.

Favourite restaurant: China Gate and Zodiac Grill.

Favourite salon: Nalini and Yasmin.

Favourite clothes store: Si Branch.

MUJHKO BHI LIFT KARA DE: Aiming for the sky
Favourite shoe store:
Sole 2 Sole.

Favourite celebrities: Amitabh Bachchan and Julia Roberts.

Favourite destinations: Monte Carlo and South of Belgium.

Treasured body feature: My brains.

I pamper myself…
By gorging on mom's sabudana khichdi and buying diamonds for myself.

Things I like about the city:
— It embraces the outsiders.
— Safe city for women.

WALKING ON THE EDGE: She gets her balancing act right
Things I hate about the city:

— Corruption.
— Traffic.

I love Mumbai because…
It lets you be yourself.

Pictures: Rane Ashish