Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ali Asgar

Plays Om's brother Kamal in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Real age and status: 32, married and father of a son
Reel age and status: 50, married and father of a son
What he says: I've always been excited about playing an elderly character. As a prerequisite, I've tried to keep my body language and physical movements more controlled.

Kiran Karmarkar

Plays the devoted son Om in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Real age and status: 37, married and father of a daughter
Reel age and status: 52, married and father of a daughter
What he says: It's not that difficult. You need to be more conscious on the sets and keep in mind that you've become more mature and experienced. I just need to get my voice more mild and soft

Ritu Raj

Plays the doting father Aditya Khandelwal in K Street Pali Hill.
Real age and status: 41, married and father of a daughter and son
Reel age and status: 50, married and father of one son
What he says: You need to get your stature and get-up to suit your character. I had to get a baritone in order to sound mature. If you can get these little things right, half the battle is won.

114268 thumbnail
Sakshi Tanwar

Plays the iconic crisis-managing bahu Parvati in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

Real age and status: Early 30s, single.

Reel age and status: 50, married and mother of a daughter.

What her on screen ma-in-law says: She has done justice to her character.
114268 thumbnail
Om to be killed off in Kahaani Ghar...
   By: Tushar Joshi
   June 28, 2005

Kiran Karmarkar with TV wife Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus), which chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Agrawal family, is in for a major twist.

As per reports, the family drama will celebrate its 1000th episode some time in August, and also mark the end of Kiran Karmarkar playing Om Agrawal on the show.

Confirming this development, Balaji head honcho Ekta Kapoor says, "It's true that Om will be killed on the show.

Kiran is unhappy with doing television and needs a break. We were initially planning to put him in a coma, but thought it would make more sense to kill him in Kahaani."

Bored with being Om

Kiran Karmarkar with real-life biwi Rinku Dhawan
Karmarkar has been on the show for almost three years and played the character of the loyal husband and devoted father right from the beginning.

He started his career with a Marathi daily, Dinaman, on DD.

Apart from television, Karmarkar has also done a lot of mainstream Marathi plays, namely Pu La Deshpande's Sundar Mee Honar.

His stint with Balaji Telefilms started with shows like Ghar Ek Mandir, Itihaas, Padosan and Kkehna Hai Kucch Mujhko.

However, his role as the modern day Ram in Kahaani earned him popularity with the masses.

Sources close to Karmarkar reveal that the actor is bored with the daily serial format on television and wants to pursue other avenues. "He has enjoyed a lot of success with Om, but now he wants to move on and try other formats of entertainment," says a source.

Not a publicity stunt

Apparently a mutual consensus was reached between Ekta Kapoor and Karmarkar, after he conveyed his decision to leave the show a few weeks back. "Kiran has always been looked up to in the industry.

He has always been a man of his conscience, and when he realised he could not do Kahaani anymore, he told Ekta about it," says a friend on condition of anonymity.

As per the understanding it was decided that keeping in mind the popularity of the character, a logical end would be given to Om. According to reports, Om will be killed on Kahaani around the same time the show completes its 1000th episode.

Karmarkar was apprehensive about his decision to leave the show being leaked to the media since he thought it would be considered to be a publicity stunt.

"He has always maintained a low profile when it comes to being in the news. He lets his work talk for him, and never tries to milk attention by creating news around himself," said his friend.

Karmarkar was unavailable for comment.

114268 thumbnail
Kahaani's Parth on Zee's Paalkhi
   May 26, 2005

Abhay Vakil
Even though Parth's Kahani on Star Plus's Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii has come to an end, Abhay Vakil who played the character, has bagged the lead role in Cinevistaas's Paalkhi (Zee). He's excited about his newest venture.

Vakil says, "It's a great role, there are many shades to this character and I am really looking forward to it."

We hear that Abhay has also been busy with some behind-the-scenes work. The actor is currently working on a film-script. Here's Vakil discussing his new role, and his plans to get into filmmaking.

What's Paalkhi all about? 
The story of Paalkhi revolves around two brothers Pranjal and Daksh. I am playing the  lead role of Pranjal, opposite Karisma Tanna (Indu of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi), who plays Palak. I hadn't interacted with her before, but after working with her, I find her to be a great person to hang out with.

Pranjal is the perfect guy who any girl can take home to her mother. He has good values and high ethics.

Matching upto my co-star
I know everyone has been saying that I don't quite match up to Karisma's height. She's a tall girl compared to me. But I am wearing some high heeled shoes to try and match up to her. However those who have seen the rushes think we both look good together.

One big happy Gujju family
It's a weird coincidence that the setting of the show is a Gujarati family, and everyone including the cast and the technicians on the show are Gujaratis. This definitely makes the working atmosphere very lively. Karisma is also a Gujju, and even though we converse in English we end up speaking in Gujarati, at times. The look is  similar to Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam

Trying script writing
I have done a professional course in filmmaking and even made three short films, which have been screened at various film festivals throughout the country. After Kahaani and Kaarthika, I had some spare time, which I utilized for writing my script. It's thriller and I am fine-tuning it, presently.

Multi-tasking
I am looking out for a producer, but if I don't find one, I might produce it myself. I think being behind the camera is equally challenging as being in front of it. Recently I also shot for a music video in Bangkok for an upcoming singer. It should be out in a couple of weeks.

Re-entry in Kahaani?
At the moment I don't think there's any scope for Parth to come back, since the story focuses on the new family. However, technically Parth is not dead, so there is always that window open for him to pop into the serial any time in the future.

Love is all around
I have always cribbed about not having enough time to find the right girl. But now that I have some time, maybe I will try and spend some time hunting for her. Right now I am very much single.

114268 thumbnail

Sasha's cross-border fan club

Chetan Hansraj

Even though Akashdeep Saigal is ahead in the favourite khalnayak category in the Star Parivar race, Chetan Hansraj who plays baddie Sasha is getting a lot of support from fans across the border.

The light-eyed actor informed us, "After a report was published that Ansh was leading in the best villain category, I got hounded by calls from my fans telling me that they were voting for me." 

Hansraj says many calls came from Pakistan, where fans organised mass-voting for their favourite Sasha to lead the race.

Along with Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, the actor is also busy shooting for Kkusum. "There are lots of new things happening on the show. " Well Sasha, enjoy your moment.

114268 thumbnail
Ask a star: Tisca Chopra
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   May 23, 2005

Tisca Chopra
This week's Ask A Star is Tisca Chopra, who plays Mallika in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) and Urvashi in Sarrkkar (Zee). She answers questions sent in by our readers…

Who is your favourite co-star from Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii?
Aashi

Dear Aashi, my favourites are the former Pallavi (Shweta Kawaatra), Om (Kiran Karmarkar) and Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar).

Why is your negative glam character Mallika not seen nowadays?
Subur Luqman

Dear Subur, I guess evil has reduced in the world!

Who is your real life partner?
Heena Raul

Dear Heena, his name is Captain Sanjay Chopra. He's a pilot with Air India and is an incredible man.

Why are you not seen in other Balaji shows?
M Sudhir

Dear Sudhir, there is no particular reason. It is always wonderful to work with Balaji.

How do you define the relationship your Kahaani character Mallika has with her son Aryan (Ali Hassan)?
Roshan Aga

Dear Roshan, it is a slightly weird relationship. She is obsessive about her son, but then even in real life there are mothers who are extremely obsessive about their sons.

Why don't you do films nowadays considering you started off in films like Platform with Ajay Devgan?
S H Nandini

Dear Nandini, I have done a couple of films but basically I am an actor and an actor makes choices according to the roles that are offered. Whether the medium is TV or films does not matter. However, I am looking at certain offers for films.

How would you define your role in the political drama Sarrkkar?
Yugraj Suri

Dear Yugraj, I play Urvashi who is the daughter-in-law of a chief minister. Urvashi begins as a reasonably placid person who becomes a prominent personality in the household.

I read somewhere that you are also interested in writing. What do you write about?
Shilpi Hasananmali

Dear Shilpi, yes, I am into writing. In fact, I used to write for magazines and newspapers during my student days in Delhi. I do write on what moves me what I see and perceive about things around me.

114268 thumbnail

Chetan turns TV anchor in Aahat 2

Chetan Hansraj (Garv of Kkusum, Sasha of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) will feature along with Urmila Matondkar in Aahat 2.

He plays a TV host called Nikhil. "My guest on the show is Urmila Matondkar, who appears as Naina.

As she narrates her supernatural experiences, I realise that my wife, who has been behaving strangely, is undergoing similar experiences. I try to seek answers from Naina's interview," says Hansraj who features in two episodes of the thriller.

"I am shooting with a film star," he says and thinks it's "a cool affair."  Hansraj is also slated to do a cameo of a "stylish" beggar in Instant Khichdi on Star One.

114268 thumbnail
Tina Parakh
(Shruti of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

I am very clear about not jumping onto films for the sake of it. I would rather do a significant and satisfying role on television than be a part of a film, which doesn't give my acting any scope. I am very happy with my role in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

I don't think I would ever do a cameo role in a film. But if it's a character role like Shefali Shah has done in Waqt, of that proportion then I may consider it.
114268 thumbnail
Take Ten: Indira Krishnan
   April 19, 2005

Indira Krishnan
She's not the typical mom you would see on the soap. Along with playing Anjana Gill in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus), Indira Krishnan also plays Ayushmaan's mother in the Sony soap.

Krishnan is also seen in a powerful role as Sujata Kochar in Saara Aakash (Star Plus). "I get excited by meaty roles," she says. Here are ten things you would like to know about TV's most unconventional mom….

When is your birthday and what's your star sign?
I am a Piscean and was born on March 1.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
I don't believe in astrology completely, but I believe that planetary motions have an effect on our lives.

Where were you born, and which school did you go to?
I was born in Mumbai and went to Carmel Convent school.

What was your first job? And how much was your first paycheck?
I worked with an airline company as an air hostess and got Rs 12,000 as my first paycheck.

One thing you are really bad at doing?
I am terrible at exercising.

What's your favourite smell?
I love the smell of a temple with incense sticks.

Where in Mumbai would you rather be staying?
I am happy staying in Lokhandwala complex, Andheri.

What do you lust for?
I lust for good roles.

Your most embarrassing moment on Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii?
It's not exactly embarrassing, but when I joined the show I was literally ragged by Ali Asgar (Kamal) on the sets. Later on, he turned out to be one of my best friends. I love the Kahaani unit, they are the best people to work with.

How often do you say "I love you"?
I say it quite often. Not just to my husband but also to my mom and my friends. But whenever I say it, I mean it 100 per cent.
As told to Tushar Joshi

114268 thumbnail
Ask a star
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   April 4, 2005

Kiran Karmarkar
Kiran Karmarkar, who plays Om in the Star Plus daily Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, has been a strong support to on screen wife Parvati in times of crisis in the Agarwal parivar. As this week's Ask A Star, he answers your queries…

How did you get into acting? Which was your debut show?
—- Tushar Parab

Dear Tushar, I always had a desire to act. In 1989, I went to see Vikram Gokhale's play Neera Ksheera and was impressed by the role. I wrote him a letter appreciating his work, since he was a friend of my father's. My father fixed up a meeting with him and I told him about my desire to act. My debut show was the Marathi soap Dinaman, which aired on Doordarshan in December 1989.

Have you ever done theatre?
—- Tamanna Mehta

Dear Tamanna, I have done theatre. Between 1993-95, I did two big plays — Kimaya Gaar written by V V Shirawadkar and Sadashiv Amrapurkar, as well as Pu La Deshpande's Sundar Mee Honar. I have also done some other Marathi plays as well.

Are you satisfied with your role in Kahaani? Do you ever plan to move to the big screen? —- Ramlah Merchant and Husain Lokhandwalla
Dear Ramlah and Husain, Om has his limitations but I am doing the role exactly as Ekta Kapoor had etched it out to be.

The character has been set, so it is difficult to change it now. I do plan to act on the big screen; I'm looking for some character roles. I have done Marathi films as well as Hindi films like Thoda Tum Badalo, Thoda Hum Badale and Shirdi Ke Saibaba.

If you could change one thing about Om, what would it be?
—- Sufyan Khan

Dear Sufyan, the fact that he gets so angry with t his daughter Shruti so often.

Why do you do such selective work?
—- Reena Shah

Dear Reena, it's just that in a daily soap you are shooting for 20-25 days, so there is no time for other things. Whether it is Damini, Ghar Ek Mandir or Kahaani... I don only one show at a time.

You acted brilliantly in Damini, got so much fame in Kahaani and came up with a great performance in Rihaee. Which role did you find more challenging? —- Bhoomi
Dear Bhoomi, all were challenging. Each role was distinct and unique