Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Articles Related to KGGK-No Comments - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Who murdered Manya?
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   March 29, 2005

KILLED:
Kavita Kaushik plays
Manya
The plot just thickened in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. This daily Star Plus soap will have high drama, with a Mahabharat unfolding in the Agarwal family.

The latest twist — the murder of SD's (Rituraj) daughter Manya (Kavita Kaushik) — has made things take an ugly turn. Manya's body was found killed in mysterious circumstances.

Though her flame Krishna (Sachin Sharma) was the prime suspect since he happened to be spotted near the crime scene, his sister Shruti (Tina Parakh) swings to his rescue and takes the blame on herself.

But in the last few episodes, a string of events have proved that there is more than meets the eye in the bloody drama.

Interestingly, the show will have the bte noire Sasha (Chetan Hansraj) back in the show, and later, his mother Garima (Kunika) as well. 

According to the show's creative director Sandiip Sikcand, "The Kahaani… track has become a whodunnit.

In every episode, there are plenty of twists and turns. Now, the focus is on zeroing in on Manya's killer. Then there is the return of Sasha as well as the track about Gayatri (Rupali Ganguly)."

The needle of suspicion points to...

Sasha (Chetan Hansraj)

The prime suspect because he's missing from the asylum. Parvati's discovery of the open Mahabharat, the shirt label found near the fence which leads them to the tailor who makes clothes for the asylum — point towards him.

Shruti (Tina Parakh)

Is she telling the truth? She covers up for brother Krishna (Sachin Sharma) and is now out of jail.

But Mallika (Tisca Chopra) and Aryan (Ali Hassan) find her wearing Manya's bracelet. She says Sameer (Aamir Ali Khan) gave it to her.

Sameer (Aamir Ali Khan)

How did he find Manya's bracelet? He claims he bought it.

Or is it someone else?

In true Balaji style, the killer could be someone else. A hint — it's probably someone missing from the scene for a while!

114268 thumbnail
What a babe!
   March 15, 2005

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Mansi Varma in the item song from K Street Pali Hill
Czech hottie Yana Gupta did it in Mahesh Manjrekar's Rakht and now Mansi Varma (Monalika, of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) is doing it in the Star Plus soap K Street Pali Hill.

Gupta's sizzling item number, Oh what a babe…, will be recreated by Varma in this late night Balaji thriller.

Earlier, Varma, along with Karan Patel (Viraj of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) had featured in an item number in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai. This Sony serial, which is now off air, had them swaying to the tunes of the Bindaas number from the Balaji film Krishna Cottage.

Does this mean that Varma is the small screen's latest item girl? "Not exactly," she says. "It's just that I love dancing. I have even learnt dancing with Shiamak Davar."

The item number in K Street Pali Hill, choreographed by Baba Yadav, has Varma playing a club dancer. It has one of the protagonists of the show, Bikram (Vikram Kapadia), all set to launch a new nightspot.

"There is an inaugural bash happening with most K Street characters present, and Mansi is the main attraction at the night club," informs Kapadia.

Adds Varma, "It is just a one-off assignment as I am waiting for something more substantial to happen on the acting front. Shooting for an item number for a soap can be finished off in half a day."

Interestingly, her track as Monalika in Kahaani… is on hold at the moment.  She recently had another offer to do an item number in another soap, "But I said no.  I want to act, not just do item numbers," says Varma.

According to K Street's creative director Sandeep Sikcand, "The item number has been incorporated as part of the track.

Besides, it will also set the pace for Bikram' s sister Gayatri (Sudha Chandran) and gang to unleash a new nefarious game-plan."

Varma's item number is slated to air in Thursday's episode of the K Street Pali Hill.

114268 thumbnail
Today is International Women's Day
   By: Mayank Shekhar
   March 8, 2005

WOMAN POWER: Prerna of Kasautii Zindagi Kay, Parvati of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Tulsi and Kashish of Kahiin To Hoga
Pic Courtesy/  STAR PLUS
Yes, the din you're being treated to today is called International Women's Day.

The direct implication of which, presumably, is that every other day must be men's days, internationally.

Be that as it may, the ones who most vehemently disagree with that notion are folks on television.

Unlike the exact opposite scenario in Bollywood, on TV (or at least aspects of it that commercially matter most), the only heroes are heroines. Men are mostly sidetracked, lampooned denizens, say some critics and observers.

Shailaja Bajpai, prominent television critic says, "In all the prime time soaps, barring Ayushman and Kkavyanjali, the chief protagonist is a female — albeit in her in-law's family. Jassi and Ye Meri Life Hai are aberrations.

From 7.30 pm, whether you take the K-serials, Ye Meri Life Hai, Kareena Kareena…. women occupy far more space and time than men. Men are absolutely secondary."

Even when it comes to bagging appreciation and awards, men are relatively beggars on the tube front.

Says Shashi Ranjan, convenor of the annual Indian Television Academy Awards, "Though I haven't thought of it through a gender angle, the reigning queen on television Smriti Z Irani has been getting the best actor award for the past three years. Jassi (Mona Singh) was the winner last year. If you average it out, surely, women are the definitive TV stars."

While there is no evidence of men getting second-class status on their salary slips as well, actor Ronit Roy (Mr Bajaj in Kasautii Zindagi Kay) says, "Payments are made according to an individual's brand equity. I am not aware of any gender biases. If a male character is as popular as a female character, he'll surely get paid as much."

However, as Bajpai puts it, "Men usually never get an equal footing or footage on small screen. So they're obviously less popular.

They are meant to be ineffectual and weak. In fact, if the hero is the woman, the villain is a woman too, since women viewers cannot identify with strong male characters."

While Bajpai would like to see "male characters with more dimensions and voice on the telly," this is unlikely to happen across-the-board — at least not in the near future.

For Bajpai adds, "The most popular programming on TV in India, unlike the rest of the world, are daily dramas watched primarily by women. Crime and detective shows, news or sitcoms don't enjoy high ratings at all."

No wonder, Sakshi Tanwar's Women's Day message to her viewers reads, "I want to tell all the women, why only this day, make everyday your day!"

Certainly, just as everyday is Parvati's (Tanwar's character) day on
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Prerna's day on Kasautii Zindagi Kay, Tulsi's day on Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Kashish's day on Kahiin To Hoga….

114268 thumbnail
'Sasha'ing in Mauritius
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   March 2, 2005
"I am finally off to my honeymoon!"

With these words, Sasha (Chetan Hansraj) of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) and Garv of Kkusum (Sony) left for his much awaited cozy time with wife Lavinia.

He changed his mind last minute, and headed for Mauritius instead of Dubai — his first choice.
"I thought I would get mobbed by people in Dubai, since a lot of them watch my shows.

I really wanted to spend some quality time with Lavinia and did not want to be disturbed, so I chose Mauritius.," said Chetan.

So did he get the privacy he wanted? "Not really! There are lot of Indians in Mauritius so I was mobbed there was well."

Along with his beautiful wife Lavinia, he spent some amazing time on the La Plantation beach and Port Louis Fort.

Now that he's back in Mumbai with a bronzed tan, Hansraj decided to share some of his most memorable moments with us…
114268 thumbnail
  Kahaani's latest entrants
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   February 15, 2005
One of the longest running soaps on television, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) recently had an addition of a bunch of new faces.

The Aggarwal parivar has some new company, with the introduction of the Kaul and Gill families.

Here's simplifying the rishtedaari... 

The Gills
Gurbani Gill (Gargi Sharma)
Daadi (Surekha Sikri)
Manpreet Gill (Samar Jai Singh)
Gayatri Gill (Rupali Ganguly)
The Kauls
Samir Kaul (Aamir Ali)
Pallavi (Achint Kaur)
Bhushan Kaul (Vivek Mushran)        &nbs p;         &nbs p;        
Neeraja Kaul (Sujata Sehgal
114268 thumbnail
Balaji studio sealed
   By: Ajit Joshi
   February 14, 2005

At A Loss:
Ekta Kapoor

With the state government sealing seven studios of Sankraman Telefilms at Aarey Colony in Goregaon, the shooting schedule of Balaji Telefilms have been severely affected.

The studios which were taken on lease from the state government three years ago expired on February 12.

Said Umesh Yadav, general manager, Balaji Telefilms, "We wrote a letter to the government asking them to extend the lease, but as we haven't got any response.

When we went to the studio on the morning, we found it had been sealed.".
Balaji Telefilms is using  four of the studios for shooting its serials. "We will have to shift the shootings which were on at Sankraman.

"The point is that we came here one year after Sankraman, which means that our lease period gets over on December 2005. We should be allowed to shoot," adds Yadav. 

As of now, Balaji is shooting Kkyunki Saans bhi kabhi bahu thi, Kahani ghar ghar ki, K Street Pali Hill, Kusum, Kavyanjali and Kasauti Zindagi Ke at the studios.

Added Sanjay Bhatia, managing director of Sankraman studio, "Our equipment of about Rs 2.5 crore and that belonging to Balaji Telefilms is stuck inside the studios."

Said Dairy Development Minister Anees Ahmed from Nagpur, "We have decided not to extend the lease period, so we sealed the seven studios of Sankraman Telefilms."

Three years ago, the state government had leased Sankraman studios by inviting a tender notice, said Dairy Development Commissioner Baldev Chande.

"There must be instruments inside the studios and permission for removing them will be given. The government has decided not to lease these studios anymore," said Chande.

Mihir Bhutta, owner of Sankaraman who has taken these studios said, "We don't know why our studios have been sealed. Equipment worth Rs 2.5 crore is inside the studios."

There are 11 studios in Aarey colony at Goregaon. By way of tender notice, three years ago the state government had leased these studios.

Of these 11 studios, Mihir Bhutta acquired seven studios and the remaining four had gone to Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms.

[email protected]

What's being shot at Sankraman...

* Kasautii Zindagi Kay
* Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii
* Kkusum
* Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi
* Kahiin To Hoga
* Kkoi Dil Mein Hai
* Kayamat
* Kesar
114268 thumbnail
I'll be back, says Shweta Kwatra
   February 14, 2005

Shweta Kwatra, the original Pallavi of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) and Isha of Kkusum (Sony) has been missing from the serial scene.

Ever since she opted out of both these shows last year, Kwatra did not take on any new projects. Instead, she took time off and got married to TV actor Manav Gohil (CID, Ayushman) in December.

We caught up with her to check on what's happening…

You have not been seen on the soap scene in the last few months?
When I decided to opt out of Kahaani and Kkusum, I was in no hurry to take on anything new. Then I took time off for marriage. Yes, there have been offers but nothing that interests me.    

What constitutes an interesting offer?
Most of the stuff that is on TV nowadays is the same. An interesting offer is something that excites me, something which my conscience says yes to. I don't want to play the same grey tracks I have done.

Being negative means wearing a sari and standing near the door and overhearing people's conversations. I don't what to do what I have already done. I am looking at doing something different.

Emotions are tackled at only at one level. In our everyday lives, there are so many aspects to our emotions.

So what kind of offer are you looking at?
I am looking at doing a daily. Yes, definitely I'll be back on the small screen.

What are you doing nowadays?
I continue to anchor the Bollywood-based show Current Bollywood (Max) as well as have outstation performances of my play, Uncle Samjha Karo.

How is married life going?
Great. I am enjoying it. We went for a long honeymoon to US and France. Now, I am enjoying the time I have on hand after so many years of shooting everyday.

114268 thumbnail
Shruti's hunting for Mr Right

Tina Parakh
Tina Parakh, who plays Shruti in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus), is peeved about being linked to guys whom she claims she doesn't even know!

Reacting to speculations about her and Kahiin To Hoga actor Shabbir Ahluwalia (Rishi) she says, "Both of us shoot at opposite ends of the studio and work in different shifts. I don't know who is spreading these rumours about us. In fact, I have met Shabbir only at concerts or at parties thrown by Ekta."

On the work front, along with Kahaani, she is also excited about getting in shape. "I am working out these days, and feeling good about it. I am also back doing ads so overall I am having a ball."

114268 thumbnail
Sasha's gone mad
   By: Tushar Joshi
   February 11, 2005

Making an exit: Chetan Hansraj who plays Sasha
He's one of the most hated faces on screen, but lately, audiences have started warming up to Sasha.

Chetan Hansraj who plays the popular baddie in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) is teary-eyed as he bids a final good-bye to his most loved character on screen.

Here's Sasha looking back at his favourite moments in Kahaani and sharing his plans for the future…

Sasha's become one of the most popular faces on screen in recent times – is it hard to bid adieu?
Of course. I was on the sets today and I couldn't believe this would be my last shot on the show. In the last six months, whatever I have learnt on Kahaani has really helped me become a better performer. I never thought this character would become as popular as it has.

How is Sasha's exit planned?
It's an exit even I couldn't have imagined. The last few episodes show Sasha slowly losing his sanity. The final blow comes when Monica (Suvarchala) throws him out of her house. He realises that his time is up.

The next twist is his plan to kill Om (Kiran Karmarkar), however it backfires. The sharpshooter ends up killing Monica instead of Om. Sasha is taken to court, where the judge sentences him to a mental asylum. My last scene is a must-see.

What have been your most memorable scenes in the serial?
There are quite a few scenes that I hold close to my heart. But I remember the scene where Om slaps me — I think it was brilliantly shot. Another one is the rangoli scene with Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar), where I spill colour on her. I still remember how Ekta blasted all of us in the beginning that was when I decided to get my act together and work harder.

Are you close to your Garv character?
Not as close as Sasha. I mean, Garv is shown as a confused guy, who has issues making up his mind, but Sasha is more fun to play.

Are you taking on any new work?
Not right now, but yes, if anything interesting comes up, I wouldn't think twice. I am doing a television show called Forever.com and a film — Meet Mrs Conelly, in the UK.

Have you managed to take any time off to be with your wife?
No, I haven't, and Lavinia has actually been a good wife and not complained. Just kidding, but I plan to go to Dubai on the 20th for my honeymoon. Now that Sasha is gone, I will get some time for my family and myself.

114268 thumbnail
Kahaani mein additions
   February 7, 2005

Meet the family: From left Gargi Sharma, Surekha Sikri, Samar Jai Singh, Rupali Ganguly, Aamir Ali, Achint Kaur, Vivek Mushran and Sujata Sehgal who are part of the Kaul and Gill families
Pics: Rane Ashish

The Aggarwal parivar of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus) has some new company with the introduction of the Kaul and Gill families.

This daily soap will have nine new characters making their entry this week. The Gills are a politically powerful family while the Kauls are a topnotch high-profile business clan.

"There will be a major change of track in Kahaani from tonight. Besides a twist in the story, the new characters will add to the high drama in the show," says Sandiip Sikcand, creative director, Kahaani.

The Gill family includes Daadi (Surekha Sikri), Manpreet Gill (Samar Jai Singh), Anjana Gill (Indira Krishnan), Gayatri Gill (Rupali Ganguly), Sanjog Gill (Amit Rampal) and Gurbani Gill (Gargi Sharma).

The Kauls have Bhushan Kaul (Vivek Mushran), Neeraja Kaul (Sujata Sehgal) and Samir Kaul (Aamir Ali) as part of their clan.

Additions: Rupali Ganguly and Aamir Ali
Some of these characters are slated to make an entry on Tuesday's episode while the others will on Wednesday. "Samir Kaul will be engaged to Gayatri Gill. Through this, both the families will be related," adds Sikcand.

As for the present characters, Sasha (Chetan Hansraj) will be a nervous wreck and end up in a mental asylum while Garima (Kunika) will be shown missing.

"She will be shown vanishing into thin air literally," adds Sikcand.
Interestingly, the character of Pallavi will make a comeback. It will now be essayed by Achint Kaur. "Pallavi will be shown as Bhushan Kaul's rakhi sister; that's how she re-enters the show.

The serial will also go into a flashback mode which will divulge some glaring truths about the relationship between Parvati and Shruti.

Incidentally, in August last year the soap had Parvati taking on the biker brigade of Sasha and company who zoomed into the Aggarwal household.