Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

114268 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Garg family entering in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii 

August saw the entry of super bikers into Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

The stage, set for the next generation war, had Parvati facing Garima and three youngsters who zoomed into the Aggarwal household with their XXL size attitude and arrogance.

These unannounced guests are the siblings of Om's (Kiran Karmarkar) cousins Deven and Rohan — the family's long-forgotten members. Not only does the group claim stake to the family property, but Sasha also attempts to sleep with Gun.
114268 thumbnail
Two weddings and a reception
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   December 16, 2004
The bad boy of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Chetan Hansraj (Sasha ) threw a party at Sun- n- Sand on Tuesday after taking pheras.

Along with his rival baddies from other K-series, Chetan made sure everyone had a great time
Love Bytes: Chetan's funda of adding sweetness in Lavinia's life, starting with a piece of cake.
Cheers!: The happy couple raising a toast seeking blessing of the elders. Apparently the bride's dress was designed by Chetan's Rehnu bhabhi
Kahaani Remixed: The  cast of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii with the latest entrant Lavinia Pereira
Queen of K's: Ekta Kapoor made a low profile entry turning late for the evening
Dadi (Lilly Patel), Parvati (Sakshi Tanvar) and Monalika (Mansi Varma)
Bad Company: Sasha with Aryan
Bad Company: Rishi (Shabbir Ahluwalia) and Ansh
114268 thumbnail
Sweta Keswani

The soaps: Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Dekho Magar Pyar Se (all on Star Plus)

Why: This vampy damsel sure stirred up a riot by walking out of three shows. The reason for the hat trick — not being too happy with the sudden track changes. While one of the show was on the brink of an age leap, the other two didn't have much meat to offer this demanding lady.

From the horse's mouth:  My character was not moving ahead and I had already requested the producers to relieve me. As Anu's character is negative, her end had to be gory.

What next: After gyrating to an item song in the skin flick Tauba Tauba, she will be seen as a bar dancer in a DVD film Jackpot.

Sakshi Tanwar

The soap:
Devi (Sony)

Why: The buzz doing the rounds was that Tanwar was extremely unhappy with the way show was shaping up. Apparently she wanted the show to focus on her original character of Gayatri, the housewife. She did not want to be portrayed as a goddess and an incarnation of Durga.

From the horse's mouth: It was a mutual decision and everything has been cordially finalised between the channel and the producers, my character will make a graceful exit in the next couple of weeks.

What next: Parvati in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii takes all her time to look out for other roles.

Alyy Khan

The soap:
K Street Pali Hill (Star Plus)

Why: Barely had the show started Aly Khan was replaced by Mukul Dev from the eighth episode. According to the producers Khan was being difficult right refusing to give time to shoot promos for the show.

From the horse's mouth: Well, I couldn't give them the dates they wanted, as I had prior commitments. It's ridiculous to suggest that I didn't give time to shoot the promos! .

What next: Is seen as Manish Goel's mama in Devi

Shweta Kwatra

The soap: Kkusum (Sony) and Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus)

Why: Kwatra quit the shows because of creative differences with Ekta. The TV star felt that she was stagnating in the shows.

From the horse's mouth: In Kkusum, my character of Esha had lost its flavour. Anyway, I was hardly there in the plot of late. For Kahaani… after it took a generation leap, it lost it's luster.  I was playing mother to people who are in my age group or even older to me. They were calling me mom…after some time it gets to you.

What next: Made a comparatively low profile entry as Purab's friend Meenakshi in Jassi.

114268 thumbnail
Take Ten: Tisca Chopra
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   December 13, 2004

Tisca Chopra
Tisca Chopra plays the character of Riya Sen in Astitiva — Ek Prem Kahani (Zee) and Mallika in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii (Star Plus).

She also features in Manish Goswami's untitled political drama which will air on Zee early next year.

Chopra will be seen on the big screen in Bappaditya Roy's Sau Jhoot Ek Sach in which she has done a cameo and in iDreams' Cate Karma. 

Here are 10 things about her.

What is your star sign?
Scorpio.

Do you believe in astrology and numerology?
I disbelieve in the fact that stars can determine our destiny. We can alter our destiny if we really want to —- it all depends on what you do.

Where were you born, and which school did you go to?
I was born in Kasauli in Himachal Pradesh. I did my schooling at the Indian International School in Kabul (Afghanistan) and later at the Apeejay School in New Delhi.

For what did you get your first pay cheque and how much?
For modelling a sweater for Angora; they were into exporting woolens abroad. I got the offer through an aunt's friend. I was paid Rs 5,000 for it.

What is the one thing you are really bad at doing?
Making polite conversation.

What do you wear at home?
T-shirts and shorts.

What mobile phone do you use?
It's a Nokia.

What's the best thing about working in entertainment?
It gives you a chance to play so many roles and still be yourself. You could be a murderer, social worker, housewife or even a lawyer without even going anywhere close to law school.

What's the worst thing?
There is nothing I don't like about it, otherwise I would not have been a part of it.

How often do you say 'I love you'?
Several times — to my husband Captain Sanjay Chopra.

114268 thumbnail
Achint's special appearance
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   December 13, 2004

Kiran Karmarkar (left) and Achint Kaur (right) will star in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai
Om (Kiran Karmarkar) of Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Pixie (Achint Kaur) of Kittie Party (which is now off-air) will make a special appearance in the Sony weekly Kkoi Dil Mein Hai.

Both play lawyers who are out to prove whether the character of Arjun (Ejaz Khan) is dead. While Kaur's character argues that Arjun is alive, Karmarkar will beg to differ.

The duo is expected to be on the show for two episodes, which will be aired towards the month-end.

"I have been playing Om for so long in Kahaani. This offer provides me with a chance to play another role. It will be a slightly negative track," says Karmarkar, who was earlier seen in Kkehna Hai Kuch Mujhko (Sony) along with Pallavi Joshi. "As Kahaani is a daily it leaves me with no time to take on another assignment.

This special appearance needs two days of shooting, so I can manage it," he adds.

Says Kaur, "Yes I have been approached; it's only a brief appearance. I have not yet begun work on it."

Balaji's Kkoi Dil Mein Hai is the story of love and friendship that binds two women Kajal and Krittika (Karishma Tanna and Purva Gohale) with Arjun, the man they covet.

His character has been shown murdered but in true soap fashion will be resurrected. The lawyers will set the groundwork for his re-entry.

114268 thumbnail
Sasha hunts for wedding suit
   By: Tushar Joshi
   December 11, 2004
Wedding bells are ringing not just on screen but off-screen as well for Garv from Kkusum.

Chetan Hansraj who plays the baddie Sasha in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii is getting married to long-time girlfriend Lavinia Pereira. The two love birds, after dating for some time, have finally decided to say I do on Sunday at a private church wedding followed by a Hindu marriage on December 14.

Tushar Joshi accompanied Sasha to find the perfect wedding suit…
Dude, where's my suit?

If I have to choose a place to buy a suit from, it has to be Gabbana. This is my first stop in my chaotic effort to play the perfect bridegroom on Sunday. I have been shooting non-stop in the last few days for Kahaani and Kkusum. I hope I can pull my act together and get everything organised, in the next 48 hours
Ain't I gorgeous?

I had no big budget in mind. I was looking for a black suit and this is just what I wanted. I just know it cost me Rs 28,000. But that's nothing compared to the love I have for Lavinia
This one's not for me

I think it's a bit tight around my shoulders. I should try this on with a better shirt. I need to make sure I choose something that just doesn't look good but also feels comfortable as I walk down the aisle
My long lost brother

This is the Italian look, which they plan to give me. The suit is branded as Mossi Mo Burn, but I have no idea what it means

Mere yaar ki shaadi hai!

Meet my best friends, Tony and Freddy. I have smuggled these guys to help me in suit hunt. Freddy has come all the way from Australia to attend my wedding, cool nah? But now I am going to make him help me choose the right one. After all the hard work gets over, I am throwing a private bachelor's party at Madh Island for my close friends including the Kahaani guys 

Mirror, mirror on the wall

I think I look like India's Harry Potter, don't I? Just kidding. I like texture of this material, I think it will make a good suit, what say guys?

Pics: Santosh

114268 thumbnail
Parth twists the plot in Kahaani
   By: Tushar Joshi
   November 29, 2004

New focus: Abhay Vakil
Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii is on the verge of yet another twist. However, this time the twist happens through the hands of a character who has been waiting in the aisle to show his true colours.

Taking off the load from the main protagonist, this week Kahaani sees Parth who plays a member of the Agarwal family get in the skin of a role, which is in the lines of Abhimanyu from Mahabharata.

Last week saw the soap reach an interesting climax where the Agarwal family finds out about the hidden deal between Krishna and Sasha. With Om and his loved ones already having lost out majority of the stake in the business, the focus will now shift to Parth.

Abhay Vakil who plays Parth said, "Till now my character has been in the background, but this week the focus will suddenly shift on Parth.

He will play a crucial role in sorting out issues between the two families. Viewers will be shocked when they say these colours of Parth which they have never seen before."

So will Parth give up on his relatives and join the hands of Sasha and the Gargs? "Kahaani has now come to a point where it is running on the lines of Mahabharata.

There are tussles between both the families on grounds of prestige, money and ego. Parth will take on the role of Abhimanyu and join hands with Sasha. What follows is something viewers would never imagine ."

114268 thumbnail
Hum Saath Saath Hain: Chetan Hansraj with Akashdeep Saigal, Shabbir Ahluwalia and Ekta Kapoor at the party
Chetan's not chhota anymore

Chetan Hansraj who plays the stylish yet devilish Saasha in Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii is another bachelor about to tie the knot with his steady (airhostess) girlfriend Lavinia Pereira (on December 14).

"We have been going steady for the past four years but now that I have found my firm foothold in the Balaji camp, I decided to plunge into matrimony," says Hansraj.

At a recent party hosted by Ekta Kapoor, Chetan mingled with his baddie biradari comprising Shabbir 'Rishi' Ahluwalia (Kahiin Toh Hoga) and Akashdeep 'Ansh' Saigal (Kyunki Saas…).

Chetan will soon be going to the UK for a couple of international projects — an English TV serial Love 4Ever dot com with Pakistani and British co-stars and an English movie Meet Mrs Cloney.

114268 thumbnail
Parvati in Disneyland

For viewers who are wondering why Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) was missing from the family wedding in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, here's the low-down. Madam Tanwar has taken a fortnight's break and was chilling out in Disneyland (USA).

"It's great to be myself for a change and have a blast with Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck. It's a refreshing break from the strenuous shooting schedules," says Sakshi. Well one from roller coaster to another.

114268 thumbnail
Parvati bhabhi's choice

We recently told you that Sakshi Tanwar would be appearing in a Diwali special episode of KBC 2. In an interview to hitList, Sakshi regretted her parents not being able to join her as guests on the show.

So what did she do? She got another member of her family to go with her. Her on-screen family, darlings.

Parvati bhabhi has designated Gautam 'Gaurav bhaiyya' Chaturvedi as her companion in the audience. The cast of Kahaani were also present cheering for their bhabhi. After all, it's all one big happy family.