Posted: 14 years ago
sorry if this is the wrong place to post this..

I wanted to know if there is a way to delete the PMs in our outbox? cause we can delete them fro our inbox but they will all still appear in our outbox.. so yeah.. is anyone knows how to delete the PMs in the outbox pleast tell me.. 😊

nish
Originally posted by *Nishi*

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this..

I wanted to know if there is a way to delete the PMs in our outbox? cause we can delete them fro our inbox but they will all still appear in our outbox.. so yeah.. is anyone knows how to delete the PMs in the outbox pleast tell me.. 😊

nish
Hi Nishi Dear
The PM Delete Feature Is Currently Only For Inbox And PMs In Your Outbox Is On Other User's Inbox And If They Have To Keep That PM For There Record Then You Can Not Able To Remove From There But If They Donot Want Then They Will Delete You Can Not Have Option To Delete That PMs.

By
Hardik Kansagra
But the members become inactive n leave forums too but having those pm in outbox makes no sense.. Member should have user friendly experience in forum n should b able to delete the pm he or she wrote atleast. For every single thing to pm authories is not comfortable to anyone n extra work to them too.. Ppl should b able to manage there accounts n have friendly experience n worse part is no one replies also... I know this I'd huge forum n must b busy anyways.
Originally posted by Springs01

But the members become inactive n leave forums too but having those pm in outbox makes no sense.. Member should have user friendly experience in forum n should b able to delete the pm he or she wrote atleast. For every single thing to pm authories is not comfortable to anyone n extra work to them too.. Ppl should b able to manage there accounts n have friendly experience n worse part is no one replies also... I know this I'd huge forum n must b busy anyways.
I Knew Dear What You Are Saying But That Is The Only Possible In Mailing System. In Forum System It Will All Work On Single Way Store Mailing(Text Mailing) So It Is Not Possible To Run Features Of Multiway Mailing System(HTML Mailing).

By
Hardik Kansagra
Hardik r u wannabe viewbie or what!
I was expecting reply from IF authourities anyways thanks!

What's use in keeping all that database which only takes more storage space, they should have rule of 6 months or older mails get automatically deleted or something like that.
Edited by Springs01 - 14 years ago
^ I agree
after atleast a few months we should be able to delete them.. or not even that. we should be able to delete it without it having to affect the other person's PMs.. thanks for the replies
Originally posted by Springs01

Hardik r u wannabe viewbie or what!
I was expecting reply from IF authourities anyways thanks!

What's use in keeping all that database which only takes more storage space, they should have rule of 6 months or older mails get automatically deleted or something like that.
No Dear
I Donot Waanabe Like Viewbie Or Something Like That As I Am Quit Happy With My work In Leader Group Area With Time By Time Promoted.I Have Technical Knowlage So Will Help To Any One Who Need Any Suggestion.

As Of My Thinking If You Have Expecting That India-Forums Authorities(Admins) Can Answer Your Query Then Dear It's Not Possible As They Are Quit Busy All The Days In There Tech. Work And When Any Mods Wil Visit Any Query Here They Wil Report It To Admins For Any Tech. Work Needed Until That Any Other Members Wil Try To Chat With You And You Have To Answer Them

You Right Dear This Time That Old PMs For More Then A year Will Get Be Deleted By Auto But Not In So Small Period Of 6 Month As Sometime Any GM Wil Active In Any Section And They Have Keep PMs For More Then 6 Months Then It Will Not Fair For Them.

Now We Have To Just Wait Till Any Mods Of The Section Will Reports This. Until Then Keep Sending Replys And Enjoy Your Stay On India-Froums.

By
Hardik Kansagra
Thanks hardik for clarification n Appreciate ur response...
Thanks for the suggestion and we will take this also into account when we further improve the PM system.

Cheers
thanks vijay

now it has been brought up im sure something will be done along with other things like increasing inbox size, being able to create folders, being able t save inportant pms, having a drafts floder etc 😊