Pratigya Articles Archive

Posted: 14 years ago

Pratigya Articles Archive

Hello Friends 😃

Please post all the articles related to the show and its characters here.

Thankyou,
India-Forums Development Team.

Pearl Grey's debut show on Star Plus...

Pearl Grey's Spellbound Productions will be launching an issue based show on Star Plus, tentatively titled Pratha...
Pearl Grey's Spellbound Productions is coming up with their debut venture on Star Plus, which is tentatively titled 'Pratha'. The story is about a normal house hold in Allahabad, wherein the daughter of the family fights against all odds for her freedom.

According to our source, "The show is scheduled to go on floors in the next 2-3 days. The show will launch sometime in December, and will be a daily at prime time. Pratha which was developed for Star Plus initially, was to be moved to their sister channel Star One, but the channel officials have decided that the show will be better off being aired on Star Plus".

Pooja Gor who played Purvi Sharma in Kitani Mohabbat Hai of Imagine will play the title role in the show. New face Arhaan Behl will play the male lead. Shahab Khan is to play the girl's father while a model turned actor Avantika will play the girl's sister. Newcomer Ankit Gera will play the girl's elder brother.

As per our source, "The story is about Pratha, who is an educated and smart girl. She lives in a society wherein the girls of the family are generally married and sent off to their husband's place at a very early age, while it is the sons of the family who get all the freedom and status. The male lead who is the complete opposite of the girl is uneducated. The manner in which she encounters the guy of her life, changes his way of living, and transforms him into a better individual forms the crux of the story".

When contacted, Producer Pearl Grey said, "This show is issue based about a small town family in Allahabad. I can't divulge anything else. We will be going on air in December on Star Plus".

It is heard that Pearl's Spellbound Productions will be coming up with yet another daily show in early 2010. "The other show of the production house will be a typical saas bahu saga tentatively titled 'Mangalsutra' which will launch on 9X in January 2010", informs our source.

For now, we await the new production house's Star Plus show…

Link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5697

Kunal Karan Kapoor in Pearl Grey's show...

Kunal Karan Kapoor will play a pivotal role in Spellbound Productions' upcoming show on Star Plus...

The shoot of Pearl Grey's debut show tentatively titled Pratha which is to launch on Star Plus sometime in December is in full swing, and the entire unit is busy shooting for their first out door schedule in Allahabad.

Kunal Karan Kapoor who made a mark for himself in the television field with Left Right Left is back on television with this show. Kunal was last seen in Zee TV's Maayka.

According to our source, "Kunal plays a pivotal role in the show. However, we could not get much on the character he is playing. All we got to know is that his character is very important and hence, this is not the right time to divulge information on his character".

We called Kunal but he refused to comment.

In reply to our text message, Producer Pearl Grey replied to us, "Yes, Kunal is part of our show. However, I cannot disclose details right now".

Pooja Gor of Kitani Mohabbat Hai fame plays the female lead while new face Arhaan Behl plays the male lead. As reported earlier, the cast includes Shahab Khan, Avantika and Ankit Gera are part of the show.

The show is expected to launch in December at a prime time slot.

As reported earlier, the story is about Pratha, who is an educated and smart girl. She lives in a society wherein the girls of the family are generally married and sent off to their husband's place at a very early age, while it is the sons of the family who get all the freedom and status. The male lead who is the complete opposite of the girl is uneducated. The manner in which she encounters the guy of her life, changes his way of living, and transforms him into a better individual forms the crux of the story.

Link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5819

Pearl Grey's show gets final title...

The title for Pearl Grey's upcoming show on Star Plus has been fixed…

Pearl Grey and Star Plus' upcoming show had a tentative title Pratha. But now its permanent title has been finalized.

According to our source, "The permanent title has now been fixed to Pratigya. The show will launch sometime in December and will be  daily at an late evening slot"

Tellybuzz had earlier reported that Kunal Karan Kapoor of Left Right Left fame has bagged a pivotal role.  Pooja Gor who was in Kitani Mohabbat Hai will be the female lead, while new face Arhaan Behl plays the male lead.

The cast also includes Shahab Khan, Avantika and Ankit Gera.

Link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5834

Pratigya launches on 7th December

Pearl Grey and Star Plus' Pratigya to be launched on 7th December…

The launch date and show timings for Pearl Grey and Star Plus' Pratigya has been finalized.

According to our source, "As planned, the show is getting launched in the first week of December. The date is fixed to be seventh and the timings are Monday to Friday 10.30 pm."

When we contacted Pearl she replied via a text message that went- "Yes, the show is launching on 7th December."

Tellybuzz has already reported that Kunal Karan Kapoor (of Left Right Left fame) has bagged a pivotal role.  Pooja Gaur who was in Kitani Mohabbat Hai will be the female lead, while new face Arhaan Behl plays the male lead.

Shahab Khan, Avantika and Ankit Gera are also part of the cast.

Link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5872

Kangana Ranaut takes the 'Pratigya'...

Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut stands with Star Plus' Pratigya in her special resolve...

Bollywood's sizzling actress Kangana Ranaut introduced the protagonist of Star Plus' upcoming show Pratigya to the media in a conference held today at Delhi.

The show is a reflection of the society we live in, where women often grapple with difficult and are forced to tolerate disrespect and ill treatment against their will. Against this backdrop, STAR Plus brings in a truly inspiring and moving story of an ordinary girl who finds the inner strength to deal with the circumstances in her life to transform and shape her reality.

The lead role of 'Pratigya' will be played by Pooja Gaur.

Talking about Pratigya, Pooja said, "Most women tolerate and suffer but a very few stand up and fight back. Pratigya's story is one of a young girl who finds the courage to stand up and take charge of the situation transforms her life." 

In her support is Bollywood's young woman icon Kangana Ranaut who has closely dealt with a similar situation in the family. She stressed on the need to fight back against disrespect towards women and joined Pratigya in her pledge to do away with mediocrity and stand for her respect and dignity.

Taking the concept of the show further, Star Plus also announced the 'Meri Pratigya' campaign in association with an NGO which will reach out to women across the country and ask them to share their experiences.  Whether women have suffered from eve teasing, harassment or general disrespect, this will be a platform for them to talk about the experience and how they emerged stronger from it. The campaign will spread its footprint in various cities with street plays and human chains. The 'Meri Pratigya' campaign strives to not only educate the masses on the need for change but also asks them to stand up and fight back to claim the respect due to them.

Pratigya launches on Star Plus on December 7th, Mon-Fri at the 10.30 PM slot…

Link: http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5922

Kunal's an image-breaker!

16 December 2009 | 1:16pm    13 Comments
Kunal Karan Kapoor takes up roles that help in breaking the image created by his previous onscreen avatars…

We have earlier seen Kunal Karan Kapoor in shows like Remix and Left Right Left. His latest show is Star Plus and Pearl Grey's Pratigya, in which he plays a negative character named Angad Yadav. Kunal explains why he tries to take up a different role every time so that he can break out of his previous image.

Says Kunal, "I had played the role of a nerd named Varun in Remix, that of an over the top patriot named Yudi in Left Right Left and later, took up a negative role in Meet Mila De Rabba but it didn't click. So I took up Angad's character. Negative characters are very challenging and therefore it interests me in doing them."

Kunal talks about the challenges that he faced to portray Angad. He says, "Angad is a pan (betel leaf) addict. So on the first day, to get the look and style of speaking right, I practiced eating pan and also practiced to deliver dialogues with pan in my mouth. I had 18 sets of pan on the first day and ended up getting blisters inside my mouth. I couldn't feel my gums and tongue for a week after that!"

Thankfully, now the actor is over it. He says, "Yes, now I don't eat that many in one go. Just take a bite of it. And besides, I've gotten used to pan now."

He talks about his 'very different' look. "Angad has a very rustic, almost reproachable look. His mouth is always red because of pan. His hair is wild and unkempt. And he wears jeans and kurta, topping it with a gamcha. Angad also wears glares, which in reality are my Jack N Jules one!"

What's the high point of playing a negative role? "All my negativity goes out through Angad. After a whole day's work, all my negativity is pushed out and I don't need to be bad in real life. That's a plus point of playing a negative character," says Kunal.

We hope Kunal has fun playing Angad!
Link:http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=5991
Kunal Karan Kapoor ate 18 sets of pan

Remember the actor who was seen as Yudi in Left Right Left? He is now playing a negative character in Star Plus' new show Pratigya. He plays a character called Angad Yadav who loves to eat Pan in the show and so on his first day of the shoot Kunal had to eat 18 pans in total due to  which he had some mouth ulcers in his mouth later on.

Source: indya.com

Pratigya - lead actor talks about response to the show

Man Ki Awaaz –Pratigya is just a few weeks old and it has captured the hearts of women and girls from every corner of the country. This show deals with eve teasing which is still prominent in the country especially in the Northern states of India.

We just look at the show's performance in the past few weeks of its commencement.

It starts with Pratigya, the lead protagonist, travelling with her group of friends by train from Lucknow to Allahabad. A bunch of paan- chewing hooligans led by this guy called Angad tries to act fresh with them until Pratigya tries to stop them. To spite her, Angad touches her and she lands him a stinging slap. This insult of Angad results in his trying to teach a lesson to Pratigya.

At home, she has a doting mother, an irritating younger sister, an older brother who seems to be involved with something shady and a nagging grandmother who believes that boys should be treated like princes while girls should not be pampered too much.

The first episode showed promise, despite Pratigya's (Pooja Gaur) insipid presence and average acting. Every one must have felt that the makers were going to take a tough stand on eve-teasing by episode three, one knew it wasn't going anywhere.

However, surprisingly the show has reached 4th place in the race of TRP on Star Plus. About the feedback, we spoke with lead actor Pooja Gaur aka Pratigya

"So far I am getting positive responses from every where especially college going girls and women are appreciating our hard-work. Even my facebook account is full of positive comments and this has really encouraged me a lot so I think the issue of eve-teasing is working for us in a positive manner."

link -- http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/December/News_20091223_115

Stars on their Christmas plans

Chirstmas Eve is just few hours away from everyone as Santa Claus will make his presence felt at everyone's house. We spoke with few of our celebs to know their plans for Christmas.

The Pratigya lead will be shooting on Christmas Eve, but about the festival she said, "I will be shooting but I will try to complete my shoot as soon as possible as I am planning to go to Mount Mary Church at Bandra to attend the midnight mass. Merry Christmas to all!

source: indya.com