Frequent Posters

BeastInCarnage thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Raakh is not released yet.....
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Mohandas is an excellent film!!!! I personally being a media student love the film totally !!! Excellent script and nice treatment and the ever beat adi sir toh hai hi !!
BeastInCarnage thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am still waiting for Raakh. Its an Underworld related lovestory. Two Gangs, One mission, One vicious conspiracy....
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Rishtey - Highway: Aditya Srivastav had appeared in one episode - Highway of Rishtey series which was aired in Zee TV. It was an awesome performance by him.

Video link by Nandini -

(This is the full video. In order to watch it, you need to download and install veoh player)

Edited by visrom - 13 years ago
visrom thumbnail
I managed to get hold of the book - Black Friday. Of course the book has a lot more to read than what's shown in the movie, but I find that whenever Baadshah is mentioned in the book, I am able to see Aditya sir there.

There are many scenes which have been omitted in the movie - Baadshah's description of how they were trained etc. I wish these things were shown...just to see Aditya sir performing. Never mind, I can visualise him in my mind'e eye as I am reading the book...I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Just quoting a passage -

"I could see two huge rectangular tents on one side. Jaffar bhai introduced us to two tall and muscular men who he said would be our instructors. He called them 'Babaji'. They both looked strong and stern, and wore Kurtas. All of us were shivering in our sweaters and jackets, but these men did not seem to feel the cold'.

"At Bombay I never got up before 11AM. But in the jungles I was made to get up at 6AM. The first day we were made to jog, stretch and do all kinds of exercises. In all my 27 years, I had never exercised. My body was rebelling against such rigorous exertions. At the end of the 3-hour session, I felt totally drained.'.

I could visualise Aditya sir standing there and shivering and lying exhausted when I read this.Wish they had shown these too.....
Bhavanab thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes I agree !!!! The book has many such instances which one would wish to have seen in order to see Adi sir performing !!! When it comes to any scene involving intense perfomance Adi sir is the best !! The name Badshah Khan reminds of one man !! He's just great !!! I loved him in Mohandas as well but my favurite would stay Khandilkar & Sameer
visrom thumbnail

Reading the book made me watch the scenes again. This time I made some caps.

Hands on hips in this one too.

In particular I liked these two expressions. First on a ferry and then on a tram. Badshaah looks at a girl...

Finds a guy talking to her...this is his reaction.

Again on a tram...

The girl sees him staring and gives a disinterested look.

Badshaah's reaction.

Awesome!!! Even those expressions speak volumes. ๐Ÿ‘
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: visrom

I managed to get hold of the book - Black Friday. Of course the book has a lot more to read than what's shown in the movie, but I find that whenever Baadshah is mentioned in the book, I am able to see Aditya sir there.

There are many scenes which have been omitted in the movie - Baadshah's description of how they were trained etc. I wish these things were shown...just to see Aditya sir performing. Never mind, I can visualise him in my mind'e eye as I am reading the book...I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Just quoting a passage -

"I could see two huge rectangular tents on one side. Jaffar bhai introduced us to two tall and muscular men who he said would be our instructors. He called them 'Babaji'. They both looked strong and stern, and wore Kurtas. All of us were shivering in our sweaters and jackets, but these men did not seem to feel the cold'.

"At Bombay I never got up before 11AM. But in the jungles I was made to get up at 6AM. The first day we were made to jog, stretch and do all kinds of exercises. In all my 27 years, I had never exercised. My body was rebelling against such rigorous exertions. At the end of the 3-hour session, I felt totally drained.'.

I could visualise Aditya sir standing there and shivering and lying exhausted when I read this.Wish they had shown these too.....

Wow a book. I didn't know Black Friday was a book. I will try to find it in crosswords.
Who is the quthor and the publisher
visrom thumbnail
Author - S Hussain Zaidi
Publisher - Penguin

I had read an interview of Aditya sir where he said that he read the book and then formed an image of Badshah in his mind in preparation for this role. That's when I started hunting for the book.๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by visrom - 13 years ago
mallikaBalu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thank you for the information Visrom di I'll try to get this book.And oh! Thanks again for the info that Lakshya was on Filmy channel. For some reason or the other I had always missed seeing this movie!!!! Yes. such things do happen in this time in this country๐Ÿ˜” So I went over to a friend's place and we sat and watched the movie. Adityaji is indeed a very good actor. Wish there were more like him. But no I am not wishing or thinking of anyone replacing him. His dedication to any role he plays is ... words can't describe it.
No wonder we the audience are taken in by his character in every venture of his.๐Ÿ˜Š  Good I could finally see this movie.Visrom you are a gem thanks once again.๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by mallikaBalu - 13 years ago