Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deepikabanerjee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
i watched "Gulaal" till part 6. I must say one thing, till now i had been underestimating this movie though am quite fond of anurag kashyap's movies just like his contemporaries' Vishal Bhardwaj and Dibakar Banerjee...these TRIO have really revived the parallel cinemas which had begun to suffer.

This movie "Gulaal" revolves around the feud between the pro-monarchists and the pro-democrats. I wont go into too much detail, will just comment on 3 scenes which i have liked till now in the movie. Aditya Srivastav plays the role of Karan, the illegitimate son of a Rajput king and lives with his sister who is a law student.He is fiercely independent and harbours a deeply felt anger for his father though he maintains a calm outward appearance. Kay Kay Menon plays the role of "Dukey bana", a staunch supporter of monarchy and aristocracy.It is he who backs Ransa, the legitimate son and heir apparent of the king to stand for the post of General Secretary in the local college's elections. Karan's sister stands against him for the same post. 

The first scene which i liked was where the otherwise grave and somewhat cold looking Karan gives us a glimpse of his softer side by showing brotherly regard for his sister. While his sister is talking to their father on the telephone who is telling her to withdraw her name from the candidature of the college elections so that Ransa may win, he arrives and takes the receiver from her and asks his father mockingly, "KYA DOGE BADLE MEIN, APNA NAAM DOGE?", we dont get to hear his father's answer but by the wry quirking of his lips we come to know that his father yet again has avoided this question. Then, after the telephonic convo is over, Karan turns around to his sister and softening his tone says to his sister, "TERE GUITAR KA TAAR TOOT GAYA THA NA, YE LE LAGAA LENA," and hands her a packet of guitar strings. Simply loved this display of deep concern for his sister.

The scene above comes when Karan kidnaps Ransa to retaliate against Dukey Bana's attempt at ensuring Ransa's victory by making his men steal karan's sister's exam papers. As per the exam rules only a securing at least 60% marks was eligible to stand in the elections. In this scene, Karan tells his half brother to sign paper which says he is withdrawing his name from the election.

Ransa then begins to pass lewd comments and jeers at karan for his illegitimacy. Karan doesnt show his anger by protesting vocally but one can see the pent up anger in his eyes....hats off to aditya srivastav for having such expressive eyesπŸ‘

Karan walks away calmly while Ransa continues to laugh horrendously. Karan goes a floor above and from the gaps between the grate-like covering shoots the whole round of bullets into Ransa's torso..Just look at the determination on his face.....simply loved this 
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Written updates on movies of Aditya sir should be on this thread....not the 'Aditya-Dayanand' thread.

The link to this thread is present on wikipedia page of Aditya sir, so it's good to have such stuff here.

Deep, pls continue here and complete your update for all of us. I've not seen it but after reading your update, I think I'll see it soon.
deepikabanerjee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Just saw that random video from "Hazaar chaurasi ki maa" posted by jiya...my mom always keeps talking about this one.. seeing that has whetted my desire to watch the whole movie....😊
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: visrom

Author - S Hussain Zaidi

Publisher - Penguin

I had read an interview of Aditya sir where he said that he read the book and then formed an image of Badshah in his mind in preparation for this role. That's when I started hunting for the book.😊

Thank you I will see if it is in crossword
LadyMeringue thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hmmmm.... I'll try to see if I can....... BTW, thanks for the short updat Deepika,. and thanks for the review Visrom di.....πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
visrom thumbnail
Originally posted by: nandiniraizada

Thank you I will see if it is in crossword

I bought it in crossword too. πŸ˜†
visrom thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rashida13

Hmmmm.... I'll try to see if I can....... BTW, thanks for the short updat Deepika,. and thanks for the review Visrom di.....πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Which review??? πŸ˜•
Then I am sure I will find it threre!

Thanks for the update Deepika. This movie is on my list now. May be after I come back from Jaipur!!!
visrom thumbnail
Hey, it is available online on Crossword site for a much lesser price. I bought it in the shop for 325. πŸ˜’

Hey Vis, they cheated you? I didnt know such a company would cheat