Book Talk

Discussion: Best Dan Brown Novel So Far

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

I'm back :)😃 How are my lovely Book lovers doing??

Well, here I am presenting the new ...

Dan Brown is one of very well known and expert writers! His thriller fictions just keep the reader glued to the book till the very end. His use of humor and thriller in his novels is just exemplary.

So far, he has written five novels - Deception Point, Digital Fortress, Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code and his latest The Lost Symbol of which the last three have done been awarded internationally.

Which according to you is his best work? Why?

What about Dan's writing/style or his use of themes/storyline do you like most?

How do the film adaptions of The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons compare to the books?
Any additional comments are always welcome!

Enjoy discussing!  

Mahi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I have some of his books... but I haven't gotten round to reading them yet :P
...anshu... thumbnail
i like da vinci code best
dere was a whole lot more mystery den murders😆

i like d way he research abt his novels, d facts nd figures in his novels fascinate me, esp d puzzles

i didnt exactly like d movies neways i always like d written form more
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I like Digital Fortress coz
he deftly deals with a  subject thatis very interesting..he did not choose a controversial subject just so the book becomes a best seller...

i hated da vinci code where he walked on a very thin line between fact and fiction  just so he could cook up a best seller..the book had huge number of proven misrepresentations and was half researched!

he is a master story teller and keeps u gripped to teh story !!!that is oen thing that cannot be denied! u got to give it to him!
Edited by carolinecj - 14 years ago
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
the only book of darren brown i know of is da vinci code

have seen the movie, not read book yet
bakri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I liked da vinci code and angels and demons I got digital fortress but its ok where as angels and demons I couldnt read fast enough I took the book just about everywhere with me I am waiting to borrow the lost symbol of my bro.  The films I enjoyed because I read the books first I knew what the story was about which doent bother me knowing the story first.  I didnt think they would pull it off when I heard who was playing the parts but they did and did it very well and by the way good topic😃

I also agree with carolinecj that da vinci code wasnt researced enough but i think  an ok read  
Edited by bakri - 14 years ago
...anshu... thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bakri

I liked da vinci code and angels and demons I got digital fortress but its ok where as angels and demons I couldnt read fast enough I took the book just about everywhere with me I am waiting to borrow the lost symbol of my bro.  The films I enjoyed because I read the books first I knew what the story was about which doent bother me knowing the story first.  I didnt think they would pull it off when I heard who was playing the parts but they did and did it very well and by the way good topic😃

I also agree with carolinecj that da vinci code wasnt researced enough but i think  an ok read  

hey i hav the ebook of the lost symbol if u want it do ask
bakri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ...anshu...

hey i hav the ebook of the lost symbol if u want it do ask

yes please i would appriciate that if you dont mind thank you
Nadz_YuNalover thumbnail
neva read one book of his lolzz, i knw im too lost, well i gus its time i read one lol
tes_v1 thumbnail

I've read Digital fortress, Deception point, Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci code! Hvn't read the latest one!

To me Angels & Demons n The Da Vinci code appealed the most!

I love his use of ciphers and the whole suspense idea is fabulous!

He creates the charchters wid an aura of secrecy n mystery abt them, there's very little that u can predict and it jus keeps you glued to the book!

The stlye of writing is also amazing!

I hvn't seen the movies and nor do I wish to, coz they always spoil my mood as the movies are not and can never be upto the expectations of the reader who's so fascinated by the books!

Tia