Laagi Tujhse Lagan Articles Archive!

Posted: 14 years ago

Any articles regarding this Show or the stars in the shows
Please Post it here
This way when looking for a article it will be easier to find.

Thank you
Regards
Sharona

Nakusha - The girl with hidden beauty

Nakusha, the protagonist of COLORS' upcoming show Laagi Tujhse Lagan is girl who is forced by her mother to hide her real look from the eyes of the society...

The various promos of COLORS and Playtime Creations' new show, Laagi Tujhse Lagan portray the protagonist Nakusha to be a very ugly girl living in the slum areas of Mumbai.

However, here lies the main concept of the story wherein there is a beautiful face hidden behind this distorted face, as shown in the promos.

Laagi Tujhse Lagan is the story of the extremely beautiful Nakusha who lives in the slum areas of Mumbai with her family, comprising of her mother, father and siblings.

According to our source, "This is the ploy of Nakusha's mother, played by Chinmayi Sumeet to keep under wraps the real beauty of her daughter. She gives her daughter a masked identity, by making her look ugly and unpresentable. She does this in order to shield her daughter from the evil eyes of the society, but heart of hearts longs for a good future for her daughter. In other words, the mother is ready to accept the ill-treatment that the society bestows on her daughter because she is ugly looking, but is just not agreeable to reveal her real beauty to all, as she fears a worse consequence".

The show will open by showing Nakusha to be ugly looking, but as the story unfolds viewers will get to know that the girl is really beautiful. Laagi Tujhse Lagan will trace the story of Nakusha, whose life will take her thro' many ups and downs, which will eventually lead her to fall in love.

We tried calling Producer Hemal Thakkar, but he remained unavailable. We could not get thro' to Mahi Vij too.

Mahi Vij who was last seen in Sahara One's Shubh Kadam will be seen essaying the role of Nakusha. The show launches on 28th December, from Monday to Friday at the 9.30 PM slot…

Paresh Rawal defines beauty

In the launch of his new show on COLORS, Laagi Tujhse Lagan, Producer ... 13

COLORS back to all-fiction at prime time...38
With the twin launches of Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam and Laagi Tujhse Lagan starting 28th December, COLORS gears up for a all-fiction lineup in the prime time daily band...
Nakusha - The girl with hidden beauty...24
Nakusha, the protagonist of COLORS' upcoming show Laagi Tujhse Lagan is girl who is forced by her mother to hide her real look from the eyes of the society...
Lagi Tujhse Lagan
Buzz up!

Lagi Tujhse Lagan is said to be replacing Bigg Boss, which is wrapping up at the end of this month. The show is produced by Paresh Rawal's Playtime creations, our source from the show gave us details about it.

A new girl have been finalised for the lead role of Nakusha,"In the promos we have not shown the face of any girl properly ,it is for generating curiosity, actually we have not started shooting for the show as of now. The casting for the show is still on. So far we have finalised this girl called Shweta, she has not done any work on television. It is her first show and we have selected her via auditions, she hails from Jabalpur.There were 3-4 girls, who we short listed, but Shweta fitted the bill."

The launch date of the show is not yet decided,"We have to finalise so many things about it; we shot for the promo at the very last moment. As far as story is concerned, it is about this girl called Nakusha who belongs to a poor maharashtrian family, but it is not only about the average looking girl's life story, it will also focus on her relation with her mother, father, brother and so on and how their life changes everyday."

Tanu, from Playtime creations says:"At this moment, we are still working on lot of things, and the only thing we know is that we have very less time in hand. But one thing I can tell you is that the end of the year is not a proper time for launching a new show, however it is still a channel's call."

Producer Hemal Thakkar had similar things to say.Jeevan Saathi was the last show which the production house had on the same channel and on a similar time slot. Further, the male lead for the show is yet to be finalised and casting for other characters is also on.
TV stars on their New Year plans

Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

New Year is just a few days away and we ask some of our celebs about their New Year Plans and more.

Mahi Vij

On both the days, I will be shooting for my new shows.
My New Year resolution: Is to keep company with good people and not with losers. "

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=TV-stars-on-their-New-Year-plans&aid=1267

Don't be so shocked to read about a small child being a man of the house and taking up all the household responsibilities. Unusual things are a trend when we are talking about daily soaps!

The new venture on Colors, 'Laagi Tujhse Lagan' launched this Monday is ready to take a dramatic turn right in the first week. "As shown in the recent episodes, some photographer had clicked a picture of Nakusha and had printed it in a news paper along with some dirty writing. This makes her mother Baabi (Chinmayee Sumeet) to take revenge from the photographer and thus she breaks his camera worth Rs. 25,000. Eventually the cops arrest her and she has to spend some time in jail until and unless the whole money is refunded."

"Now the family is in trouble as the sole earning member of the family is arrested with no funds at home. It comes on the child of the house, Setji (Jay Thakkar) to take up all the responsibilities and handle the family with his tact. Even though the neighbors fool him and make him indulge in bad deeds to earn money, Setji fulfills all the demands in his own style. He indulges in all the bad doings but ultimately arranges for the funds to rescue his mother from jail," adds the source.

See how the little kid strives to rescue his mom while handling the daily household duties!

-Tejashree Bhopatkar/ Sampurn Media

http://www.news.calcuttatube.com/television/child-actor-setji-to-be-man-of-the-house!-2009123110874.html

I am happy to play mother at 39: Chinmayi Sumeet

Chinmayi Sumeet plays Babi, Nakusha's very strong mother in the recently launched Colors soap, Laagi Tujhse Lagan. TellyChakkar chatted with her.

Ask her if Laagi… is her comeback and she retorts, "But I never went anywhere, in fact I hardly did any work on Hindi TV except for a few cameos. Otherwise no one offered me anything interesting."

She admits she wanted to be with her children till something worthwhile came along. "I wanted to be with my kids, that is why I did not accept any soaps, but now they have grown up. My son pushed me into restarting my work. Whenever he would come for my plays he would tell me to work in serials too. I thought I have given 10 years of my life to my kids, so now is the time to resume worked."

She says she could connect immediately with Babi when it was first narrated to her. "When I was given a brief about this character during the auditions, I could immediately connect to it. I am aware about the current scenario of television and I knew no one will offer me lead roles. In fact I am thankful they offered me a mother's role because I have seen girls younger than me playing grandmothers! At 39, I will get a mother's role only and I am happy for it."

Chinmayi doesn't really care for the dolled-up looks TV actresses portray these days. "This look is fine. I didn't want to do a role which would require me to doll up liked a Christmas tree. When my kids saw the promos of this show, they were happy I had kept 'Babi' very real. The producers had seen my work in plays and most of the actors are from theatre so we never had to do any workshop before the show. Hemal, Paresh and director Ankush knows how to keep the story real and nice,therefore it was good."

Talking about balancing her family and work she says: "I have been working on stagefor 19 years and now I am ready to do TV exclusively for some time. Now my in-laws are there to support my kids and I am getting used to this daily soap routine. Moreover on the sets as well I feel like being with my family as Nakusha and Jay, my children in the show, are very possessive about me, they keep fighting to be with me. So it is fun."

Why Laagi Tujhse Lagan?
I think it's an author-backed role.
These are the kind of roles that hardly come your way. Why leave it?

Aren't you afraid of becoming another Mona Singh, who did Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin?
I'm not because I'm Mahi and she was Mona. (Laughs) I don't mind playing Nakusha all my life. My mother watches my show regularly.My father who's not a TV freak catches the re-runs. That enthuses enough energy to go on with a role like this.

Aren't you setting a mould, which can't break easily in your career?
I'm not. And even if I am, it doesn't matter. I am not afraid of what kind of shows will come my way after this or if I will really land another show after this. I don't even dream of becoming a film actress, which most actresses do when they enter TV.

What's your backstory?
I was a model in Delhi. There, the spectrum was limited to print advertisements and hoardings. I thought about shifting to Mumbai for a larger base. My parents accompanied me and I became a model here.
Then I was offered Kaisi Laagi Lagan, which eventually became Shubh Kadam on Sahara One. It lasted a year. My contract and the show ended together. And then, I'm here. I've had two lagans and I don't know 'mera lagan kab hoga'.

Most actresses who take on lead roles plan to move out after a while and take on new shows.
(Cuts in) Right now, I'm booked for all the 30 days of the month. Once newer characters are introduced and the tracks begin to shift, maybe I'll have the time to consider a reality show.

Dating anyone?
No, who will date an ugly girl like me?

Hindustan Times