is anyone brahmin or kayastha over here? - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
well m brahmin girl...Edited by nutmeg7 - 13 years ago
I am a Kayastha girl and agree with another poster that education is of the utmost importance in our family. We are big on eating non-vegetarian and no party is complete without non-veg. I had begun watching the show as it shows a Kayastha girl....however I have begun enjoying the show quite a lot irrespective of the Kayastha factor. It is a very reaslistic show and I am saddened that caste system is still so prevalent in India. I know for a fact that even in our family.....marrying into a mathur family is very important. Marrying into the subsects of Kayasthas like Saxena, verma, shrivastava etc is also frowned upon.
i am a bramin but i have the freedom to be with who i want
the caste system donsnt matter

Thanks to everyone ... for sharing your stories/experiences with us. Its gives great insight into what it all means, and how relevant the shows concept is in the real world 😊 
i just came to know abt this from my mami last weekend, and thought i'll share this with you.

the legendary singer Mukesh was a Mathur- Kayasth and had a similiar story like abeer and leher. himself being kayasth and the love of his life being a gujrati brahmin girl had to elope and marry.

read more on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukesh

Originally posted by Veer_FFM

i just came to know abt this from my mami last weekend, and thought i'll share this with you.

the legendary singer Mukesh was a Mathur- Kayasth and had a similiar story like abeer and leher. himself being kayasth and the love of his life being a gujrati brahmin girl had to elope and marry.

read more on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukesh

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us, Veer...
I lovee mukkesshh! wow, i dind't know he was kayasth...

its funny how in this serial gaurav is playing a brahmin and in his last serial [love ne mila di jodi] he was playing a kayastha lol
Originally posted by desigrl05

I lovee mukkesshh! wow, i dind't know he was kayasth...

its funny how in this serial gaurav is playing a brahmin and in his last serial [love ne mila di jodi] he was playing a kayastha lol
I didn't know Saxena is a Kayastha surname 😊....what is he in the real life? I mean, what caste?
Originally posted by 10on10

I didn't know Saxena is a Kayastha surname 😊....what is he in the real life? I mean, what caste?

I think Khannas are Kshatriyas. Yami had said in one of teh earlier interviews that she is a brahmin. The roles are reversed...
Humein toh yakein hai "Brahman ki ladki aur Kshatriya ke ladke ki Khabar bhi pakki hai"😉
haha i was wondering whats the difference between a Brahmin and a Kayasth is because i jsut started watching the show
and i see this topic

=D

thanks for clearification

and about the whole caste and marrying someone out of it i think that even Desi's that live out of the country have that sort of "prejudice" also

I lived in America all my life but im VERY VERY intouch with my desi side my both my brothers married None indians but there both Muslim

buteveryone seems to look down at my family it sickens
its just this mentality that has to get out of everyones mind

Lol thank God my parents are okay with me not marrying a desi but HE does have to be muslim i dont mind that part =)

i really love this disscussion =)