Book Talk

Discussion: Best Book Cover?

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Regardless of how much we deny that we don't judge a book by its cover, the truth is that the book covers do influence our thoughts and at least give his a positive or negative vibe about the book.

Questions to think about!
Do you think it's true that book cover influence our thoughts and/or our decision to read that book?

Which according to you is the best book cover in that it defines the themes/story of the novel just perfectly? Please share with us.

Which according to you is the worst book cover in that it just doesn't flow with the story of the novel? Please share the book cover.
Any additional comments are always welcome!

Enjoy discussing!  

Mahi
-IF Development Team-

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kchaims thumbnail
Do u think it's true that book cover influence our thoughts and/or our decision to read that book?
ofcos it influenses .i buy a buk if its cover seems intresting .

Which according to you is the best book cover in that it defines the themes/story of the novel just perfectly? Please share with us.
the adventure books by agatha christe always have an amazing cover which always suits the story.witch of portobello by paulo coelho had an amazing cover[brida too]

Which according to you is the worst book cover in that it just doesn't flow with the story of the novel? Please share the book cover.
ermm dono 😕

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Do you think it's true that book cover influence our thoughts and/or our decision to read that book?

Definitley,when I go to a bookstore I always pick up the novel with the nicest cover. if I like the plot then i buy it, but always the nicest book cover catches my attention. Thats why its very important to design an eye catching book cover, Who  is going to take a second look at a dull cover?

the only one i can remember now is Hush, hush By Becca Fitzpatrick. it captures the mood, and theme of the book perfectly. this single picture gives you the whole summary of this novel.

Hmm... I think the novels by LJ smith Has the worst book covers, all the covers has is a pic of a model who is supposed to represent one of the characters. Sometimes the models don't even match the exact features of the characters! I don't see the creativity and thought in sticking a pic of a model on the front. Her books are really good, I only wish that the covers are bit more exciting.

Edited by pomegranate - 14 years ago
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
All righty.... I just have one comment to make here, if that's alright ;) These book covers capture the essence of the books perfectly in my opinion....

Yes definitely! When I buy a book, I look at the cover first. If I find it interesting then I buy it.

It has to The last to know.

I haven't come across any of the books like this, so no comment

x x

Edited by Ansh_Arti - 14 years ago
aish_punk thumbnail
nice dotw!

yeah it totally does, when you look at a book the 1st thing u notice is the cover, so its got to be intriguing but suit the storyline as well.

well the Twilight series, the book covers convey the message in the story, though some may not get it.
n i think everyone must have seen them, so i dont need to share.

i think i have, but cant remember atm.

ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Not really... I've never picked up a book because I thought the cover was shiny, so I would have to say that book covers don't influence my decision to read a book. It's just there. I usually don't look back onto it much unless it is said to have significance like in Achebe's Things Fall Apart.

I read this book when I was seven, maybe eight with assistance. This scene really defines the whole novel for me. It's a crucial point in the novel where Shade, the runt, is separated from the rest of his colony and begins his quest to find them with a spunky Marina for company. How they decrypt the clues left to Shade by an Elder of his community, and come up with elaborate plans to ditch the antagonists is something that has to be read to be believed.

No. Just No. The new cover is a marketing ploy that hopes to cash in on Twilight's popularity to sell more of Bronte's material but it isn't at all reflective of the atmosphere of Wuthering Heights. If he could, Heathcliff would scoff at the presumed purity of the white flower due to religious teachings. There is absolutely nothing gentle or pretty about the volatile passion Heathcliff and Catherine share. The cover tells absolutely nothing about the wild passion that is at the crux of the novel. Plus, the sticker "Bella and Edward's Favourite Book" is just cheap. Both the characters have decried against the book, claiming it "sucks", with the Author going on to claim that WH "sucks so heartily". Yeah, I really feel the love. Emily Bronte would be wailing in her grave.