Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

True Love.FF.Completed!. Prt 83-86+Epilogue.Pg 137

sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Hey Guys...Sorry I had been out for some work and couldn't continue my fan fic for some months...and hence the topic got closed.

I am continuing my fan fic again and Hope to receive the same response from you guys.! 

The older parts are here : https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1250963

Pls Click on the titles

Chapter
Title
Page

||~~A trip to Vrindavan~~||

Current Day in Mumbai...

Dev's flight lands in Mumbai and he takes a cab...

Dev's gaze was glued on to the scene outside...the streets, the roads, the signals, the traffic jams...

"Nothing's changed...everyhting is the same..." he thought and smiled. 

He arrived at Purohit bhavan...gave the cabbie his rent and proceeded towards the main gate...

He saw his home...and a smile came across his face.

As soon as neared the gate, the security personnel got up to salute him

"Welcome sir"

Dev smiled at him

He pulled his suitcase...and went in...he saw the green lawns spread across...the beautiful flowers lined in the lawn, the cane table and chair set that lay in the lawn far across, the gardener attending to the flowers. "Man I am finally back"...

He walked to the door and was about to ring the bell but didnt do so.

A mischevious smile flashes across his face and goes behind the huge mansion...

Behind the mansion, he removed his jacket and rolled his shirt sleeves and looked up ...the balcony which belonged to Nandu's room... 

He thought "Nandu must be in school"...and smiled

He quickly climbed the pipe and reached for Nandu's Balcony on the first floor...of the house

He manages to put his one leg inside the balcony and then his other and sighs...

He slowly walked inside...Nandu was not there in his room... Dev slowly opens the door and comes out of the room. He saw his home now...

"It was changed" he thought... "But not much...just the paint, the corridor furniture"...He walked across to reach his room

He reaches his room, turns the knob and opens the door and enters in and closes the door. 

Once inside the room, he saw his room had not changed a bit. He lay across his bed and sighed. 

"Man...Its so relaxing here..." he said smiling.

Just then He heard some footsteps and hid behind the large window...He saw dadima coming in

(Continued from 1) Dadima came upstairs to Dev's room...she touched the handle and pushed the door. The door opened... she entered the room...

Today as she discussed about Arjun's marriage with family members...she missed Dev a lot. 

She remembered playing with Dev...she sat down on the bed and her gaze shifted to a photoframe kept beside...Picking up the frame in hand... "Dev kab aayega tu...apni dadima ko aur kitna tadpayega hmm?..."

Just then a voice came ...

"Dadima...ab aur nahi tadpaoonga..."

Dadima was stunned to hear Dev ...she looked up "Dev"...and knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

She turned around and saw Dev standing behind her...

She exclaimed happily "Dev" as he came to her and hugged her

"Tu kab aaya" she asked happily still hugging him.

"abhi Dadima"...he said still flashing a mischevious smile.

"Aur tu yahan kaise..." she asked 

"Dadima aapko surprise jo dena tha...aur waise bhi I am Dev...thodi dramatic twist ke liye...i came in through the windows instead of the usual way..." he said winking an eye.

"Dev...tu bilkul waisa ka waisa hi hai..." 

"Aur aisa hi rahoonga humesha" 

"Tu aur tere surprises...khair tu aa to gaya"... she said happily. 

She looks at him carefully... "Dev apna khayal nahi rakhta tha?"

"Dadima please...main apne aap ka bahut acha kahyal rakhta tha"...

"Dev...lekin mera kya...tere bina teri iss dadima ki kya halat hoti hai...janta hai" she said in a mock complaining tone. 

"Dadima who to maine abhi abhi dekha na...the way you took my pic and held in your hands and talked to it...said it all". 

Dadima narrowed her eyes "Dev"...

"Haan dadima mujhe bhi pata chalta...meri pyaari dadima mujhe kitnaaa miss karti hai" he said hugging her tightly. 

She smiled.

They come down to the hall ...

Mrinalini just comes in after dropping nandu to school and vaishali comes from the kitchen to collect something

" Ma, bhabhi"...Called Dev.

Vaishali and Mrinalini turned around in surprise. 

They were surprised to see Dev coming down from the staircase.

"Dev" Vaishali said happily and walked across the room to hug him.

"Kaisa hai tu?" she asked him still hugging

"Waisa hi jaise dikh raha hoo...Completely fine Ma". He said

She looked up at him. Her eyes brimmed with tears.

"Ma aapke ankhon main ansoo... Kya huwa..." he asked concerned

"tu nahi samjhega...bete ko itne dino baad dekha hai na...kisi bhi ma ki ankhen bhar ayengi" Dadima said.

" So deverji...aap dadima ke saath...when did you come" Mrinalini asked in a very formal tone.

Dev looks up at her. His smile vanishes. 

"Dev tu...aur tu upar. Kab aaya tu?" asked vaishali curiously.

"abhi thodi der pehle" dadima replied

"abhi?" vaishali asked.

"Haan...pooncho apne ladle se...ke janab kaise aaye"...

"Haan Dev hum bhi to jane ke aap kaise aaye huh?" Mrinalaini asked arching her eyebrows slightly.

Dev's gaze shifted to Mrinalini. 

He walks across to her...his gaze fixed on Mrinalini's gaze. 

Mrinalini stood there with her hands crossed. 

Dev comes to her. 

"Aapke bete se poochiye" he said coldly.

"huh? Nandu se?" she asked confused.

Dadima and Vaishali looked at each other confused.

"Haan...er...waise Nandu ke room ka design aapne banaya hai...Right". He said in the same tone.

"Right" she said shrugging her arms. 

"Then Thanks".

"Thanks...for what?" she asked smirking.

He sighed. 

"For the Design..." 

"Design?" she asked shrugging her shoulders.

Dev bursts out laughing...Mrinalini looks on for a moment

"Mr. Dev Purohit" she said curtly... "May I know whats it...that's making you laugh so madly".

He stops laughing and looks at her. 

Mrinalini's lips start to tremble and she breaks out in to peals of laughter. 

"Bhabhi..." Dev says fondly and hugs her. She hugs him back

Dadima and Vaishali sigh and look at each other.

"Tum dono kabhi nahi sudhroge...". Dadima said.

"Dadima...Dev itne dino baad aaya hai...obviously we can't meet just like that..." mrinalini said

Shifting her gaze to Dev ... "Right".

"Right bhabhi".

"Hmm Wait Got you...tum...nandu ke room se aaye..."

Dev looks on... "Yeah right"

"Balcony se...you mean you climbed up" she said widening her eyes.

He explained everything...

"deverji matlab...you didn't change at all huh?"

"why to change when I am so good" winks an eye

" yeah right...itne bade ho gaye hai...but still a prankster...thats good huh" Mrinalini said shrugging her arms.

" bhabi..."

Dadima interrupted... "bas karo tum dono...aate hi shuru ho gaye"

"are dev tera suitcase kahan hai"...asked vaishali

"Ma bahar hai... I hid it so that you people cant guess about me"...

"Tub hi na Dev..."

She called out the house help to bring the suitcase in...

"dev jaa beta mooh haath do le"...paused for a moment... 

"Okay..."

Dev turns around...to walk to his room.

" maaji ab jab dev aa hi gaya hai...to hum jald se jald vrindavan jaa sakte hai"      Vaishali asked Dadima

Dev stops and turns around.

"Vrindavan"...asked dev confused

Mrinalini answered him with a smile " Jee haan deverji...Arjun ki shaadi fix ho chuki hai...he is getting married in Vrindavan" 

Dev was stunned. He came to Dadima.

"What...So early"...

" are jaldi kahan hai" said dadima

"Comeon dadima...obviously jaldi hai..." he argued.

His gaze shifted to vaishali "Mama aapne kuch kaha nahi"

Vaishali smiles "are main kya kahoon jab arjun ne ladki pasand karli".

"Lekin itni jaldi kya thi" he said.

"are agar Arjun shaadi karna chahta hai to isme hum mana kaise kar sakte hai". Dadima replied.

"Hmm..." Dev said...still thoughtfull.

"Anyways I will get freshened up..." He sighed

Dev goes to his room and takes a shower and changes in to some comfortable clothes and sleeps...as he needed some well deserved rest!

After three days...The purohit family was about to leave for vrindavan...

Nandu was crying...as he too wanted to come along with other members to vrindavan.

Dev tried to coax him " Nandu...you also will come after few days...and then you have your school that's why..."

But Nandu was adamant... "No chachu...mujhe bhi aapke saath aana hai"...

"Mumyji...i think I will stay here itself" Mrinalini said

Dadima insisted Mrinalini to come...

"beta nahi tujhe to aana hi hai...vaishali bhi nahi aa rahi"...

Vaishali had to go her sister's place as she was unwell...After trying and coaxing much...finally nandu agreed to stay with his maasi (aunty) for sometime and the purohits left for vrindavan

While on their way...In the car... 

Dadima spoke "Waise main kya sochti hoon ki ab agar Dev ki shaadi ke bare main bhi sochna shuru kare to"...

Dev is startled and looks up stunned...

Seeing this Mrinalini chirps in... "Haan Dadi ma I also need a devrani now..." 

Her gaze shifted to Dev , who now looked at her dangerously...

"Haan waise aapne baat to sahi kahi hai...dev aur arjun ke beech umar ka faasla jyaada bhi nahi hai...arjun ki shaadi fix huwi hai to ab hum dev ke liye bhi" Vivek said

"Aur dadima meri nazar main to kuch ladkiyan bhi hai"...said Mrinalini...This increased Dev's fury

He remembered Laurens Words...

"Ah Mr. Dev what do you think, as soon as you reach there, you will be showered with...er...some thousands of pics...of girls" 

Dev followed him " Oh please...nothing like that, my family is not like that"

Laurens chuckled "Well Dev I think your days of flirting around are gone...and yes sure do call me for your marriage" He teased him and surely enjoyed doing so.

Dev wondered "Are they really gonna fix my marriage so soon as they did for arjun...Damn Man laurens was so right!..."

Mrinialini interrupted his thoughts " Dev...what happened thinking about your marriage already..." She teased him

He laughed without humor "No bhabhi and I am not ready for marriage...atleast not so soon"

"Are abhi nahi karega to kab karega..." dadima asked 

" I have just come here dadima...gimme some time na..." he pleaded. 

He grimaced at his bhabhi and murmured in her ears "And bhabi aap please...dont hang me..." Mrinalini chuckled at this.

They reached delhi...where susheel had come to pick them up...from there they traveled to vrindavan...

As they traveled across...Dadima chatted with Vivek while Mrinalini was busy with her mobile...Dev's attention turned to the beautiful scenery...Dev rolled down the windows to look around... 

The streets were narrow and represented a village feel...Cows wandered aimlessly along the dust lanes... There were several trees, with their flowering branches reverently touching the dusty ground. And hosts of madly cooing birds...

He saw pond, temples, villagers pass as the car moved... 

He had never seen all this. The sun was about to set and the scenery looked delightful.

Soon they reached Purohit house in Vrindavan...Arjun stood there in the gate to welcome all of them...He touched the elders feet to take their blessings. 

Seeing Dev he called him "Dev..." Dev turned to look at him and went to him and hugged him... 

"Congrats Man"... He said

Arjun Smiled "Thanks...And how are you...When did you return?..."

They walked inside the house...Mrinialini said that she was tired and went in to freshen up...Dev and Arjun went to terrace to chat...Dadima sat along with susheel 

"Susheel to bahu se kab milwa raha hai?"

"Ma...aap jab kaho...kal milwa dete hain".

"Theek hai" Dadima said happily.

Meanwhile in terrace...

Dev asked Arjun curiously "So what made you say yes so soon for this"

Arjun looked at him " You mean marriage"...paused... "Well Deepika is nice"

Dev exclaimed "Oh so her name is Deepika"...

" Yeah...She is beautiful, good natured,...and somehow I feel she has all the qualities I desire in my wife"...

Dev looked on...without saying anything...and finally spoke... "So you said yes". 

Arjun shrugged "Hmm. You say...did you get your someone special in US...or didn't get her yet..." 

Dev looked up...then smiled "No I didn't get her yet"...!! 

Arjun smiled back.

Edited by sia_lovely - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sigrid thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Love it. went and read the other 2 parts too. Please update soon.
Ultrachic thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wow! its gr8.....i read part 1 and 2 also.....its very nice.....continue soon.
*Maleena* thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
loved it! can't wait for the next part!
Smiley-786 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
nice update ...loved it plz continue soon
Radhikaprincess thumbnail
just loved it. cint soon
rad4dev thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
nice update..plz continue
chipak thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
loved all the three parts...pls update soon and i know its bit greedy toa sk for but pls if possible pls update the parts atleast twice a day😃

TC
sia_lovely thumbnail

Hey guys Hope u like the part!

||~~Magic Happened~~||

Next day......

Susheel asked everybody to come to the Krishna Mandir and he suggested that they could meet deepika there as well. Dadima liked this idea and agreed for this.....

They reach the mandir, and see a lot of crowd. Dev doesn't find a place to park the car as there were many cars, because many visitors had come for this puja.

Dadima asked susheel "are beta, itni bheed"

"maa janmashtami aa raha hai, isilye bahut saare log aayen hai".....he said

"Dadima aap jayen, I will park the car. There is no place here. Seems we have lots of tourists visiting the temple" Dev said arching his brows a bit.

All the members except Dev proceeded to the mandir. Dev parked the car, puts the keys in to his kurta's pocket and walked towards the mandir.....

The stairs ended, he removed his chappals and stepped inside the temple. A song filled the air in the temple.

"Govind Gopal radhe radhe, Govind Gopal radhe radhe,
Keshav Madhav radhe radhe, Keshav Madhav radhe radhe..........."

His gaze fell on a group of people...... a bhajan group who continuously sang the song.

He shifted his gaze away from those people and looked up to Lord Krishna.

The crowd was divided in to two rows on either side leaving a small line of space in the middle.....not interrupting the view to Lord.

The idol of Lord Krishna was.....beautifully decorated with the pearl studded mukut with peacock feather adorning the mukut, pearl studded chains adorning Lords neck, beautiful garlands adding the right colour etc. In all it was a beautiful sight. Dev smiled on seeing this.

He folds his hands to seek blessings from The Lord and closed his eyes.

After a moment he opened his eyes and saw the Lord once again. He raised his one hand to touch the clapper of the temple bell so as to ring it.

But as he touched the clapper, he felt a soft hand beneath him.

He frowned for a second confused....... and then turned his head.

He saw a girl standing with her hand on the clapper, who turned her head as well, when he accidentally kept his hand on hers.

His eyes met hers......she was looking at him with her innocent, wide eyes. And he couldn't shift his gaze away from hers and neither could he think anything.

He stared at her continuously and felt as if her eyes had some magic which held his gaze on to hers, which made him loose his sense to think.

The song being sung in the temple filled his ears but he could hardly concentrate on anything other than the beautiful girl standing in front of him.

She stared at him as well.

And Their eyes remained transfixed for a few moments.

A few moments passed......

The girl suddenly drew her hand back in a jerk and quickly looked away.....this broke their eye contact with each other.

She was a bit stunned and her face reddened as if she felt embaraased for whatever just happened. She looked down and walked away in to the crowd.

His gaze followed her.....but she disappeared in to the crowd and he couldn't see her.

It was only after she disappeared amidst the crowd, did he come back to his senses. He stood there confused and saw the bhajan group. The music still filled his ears.

He shifted his gaze to the path she followed. She was nowhere to be seen. He had to search for her........his heart told him to do so....... He moved his legs and made his way through the crowds searching for her but she could be found nowhere.

He walked searching for her and wondering where did she go?

He almost reached the front row where dadima spotted him and pulled his arms, startling dev. Dev turned his head "dadima aap".

"Haan main....tu kahan reh gaya tha.....are yahan aarti ka samay ho chala hai.....wait here now".....she ordered him.

He didn't want to......he wanted to see that girl once again.....his eyes searched for her everywhere but there was no sign of her......!

He looked down....a bit disappointed. Just then he realized he was behaving rather oddly.

All the scenes flashed across his mind in a jiffy.......from his touching her soft hand placed on the clapper..... to his eyes meeting hers and then the way she withdrew her hand and walked into the crowd.

He didn't know why he was so curious to see her again....but he was aching to see her again.

The aarti begins and a female voice fills in the air as she starts singing the aarti

"Aarti shree kunj bihari ki
Shree giridhar krishna murari ki........"

Dev heard the voice and looked up......

The voice was so melodious that everybody just closed their eyes and started swaying and clapping to the tune of the aarti!

Truly the voice was so sweet and beautiful that nobody could resist it, the purohits too were mesmerized by the voice and the way the female sung the song. They could feel the devotion, the owner of the voice had, for the Lord.

Dev saw a girl wearing green shalwar kameez, dupatta around her head; sang the aarti with full devotion, but he couldn't see her face as her dupatta hid her face from him ....Something in her voice attracted him.... not allowing him to concentrate anywhere else....

But one part of his heart ached to see the girl he just met outside.

So he looked away from her as he searched for the girl he just met......but something struck him and he knitted his eyebrows and quickly turned his head to look at the girl singing the bhajan.

As she sung the aarti, moving the aarti plate in circular motion, the movement of her arms caused her dupatta to slightly shift behind and this unveiled her face.....

He leaned forward a bit to see whether she was her.

Dev saw her face this time and he was stunned to find out that she was the same girl whom he met just outside.....

He wondered "Its her.....who possessed such a melodious voice."

But deep inside, he was happy that he found her. Unknowingly a smile came across his face as he fixed his gaze to her.

The girl meanwhile continued to sing the aarti with full devotion and a beautiful smile across her face.

The aarti finished and everyone proceeded to take the aarti.....People came to take the aarti from her ..... Purohits too came to her for taking the aarti.....Dev too came to her.....

Her gaze shifted and found the same man whom she met outside standing in front of her....She caught her breath.... and looked away quickly.....her face reddening just as the way it did before....

Dev raised his hands up to the aarti ki thali, without shifting his gaze from her eyes and unknowingly bought his hands too close to the fire burning in the lamp.

"Ahhh" he cried....jerking his hand quickly away from the fire.

The girl quickly looked up. Dev's gaze shifted to his palms, a bit frowning.

"sambhal ke" she said with a concerned tone....

Dev glanced up and flashed a charming smile and moved his hand above the lamp and then raised his palms to forehead.....to take the aarti!

Seeing him smile....she looked away rather quickly....

Meanwhile Susheel purohit introduced the purohits to Brij Mohan Shastri and vice versa.......

"Shastriji......Yeh humara parivar hai......Mumbai se aaya hai" said susheel

Shastri welcomed them with a smile "Namaste.....aapka vrindavan main swagat hai"

Dadima smiled at him.

Dadima's gaze then shifted to the girl who sang the bhajan..... "Beta......tum to bahut acha gaati ho".....

The girl smiled beautifully...........

Dev wondered "Such a sweet smile" and he smiled at himself.....her smile only made the conditions worse for him.....

Susheel smiled at Dadima "are maa.....yeh to iss vrindavan ki badi Krishna bhakt hai.....isski madhur awaaz yahan sabko keench laati hai".....

His gaze shifted to shastriji..... "Aur phir ho bhi kyun nahi......shastriji ki putri jo hai"....

Dev looked on.....

"to kya tum shastrijee ki beti ho......tumhara naam kya hai" asked dadima

Dev was more than curious to know her name.....he waited impatiently so that she could speak out.

"Jee radhika"........the girl said in sweet voice.

Dev said to himself "Radhika".......and smiled....

She felt as if someone called her....Her gaze shifts to see who called her..... But again her gaze falls on the same man, who stood with the purohit family......

She felt a little odd to see the man again.....still staring at her......

She tore her gaze away from his.....and concentrated on the purohit family instead..........
Where the purohits kept praising radhika and her singing abilities......

Radhika smiled "Jee shukriya".....

Susheel introduced radhika to purohit family members.....and finally Dev.....

"Aur yeh hai......Dev, humare parivar ke sabse ladle".......said susheel

Dev didn't shift his gaze, already fixed on her face....just folded his hands and said "Namaste".....

Radhika smiled back tentatively.....and quickly looked away.....

"Ma......Radhika aur Vishaka, shastrijee ki doosri beti.....dono bahut pyari hai...dono sanskari aur padhi likhi hai..."

Dadima smiled "Acha".

The Purohits continued talking to shastrijee regarding the engagement......when Susheel spots deepika and her family......and called them.....

Deepika comes to him smiling and touches his feet "Radhe Radhe babuji".

He gave her blessing and introduced her to the family... Deepika smiled and touched dadima's feet.

Susheel, shastriji and other members of the family started talking about the upcoming engagement ceremony of Arjun and Deepika.

Whereas Radhika grew uncomfortable with every passing second as she was aware of Dev's gaze on her.....

She didn't dare to look at him and kept her gaze carefully away from him....and pretended to listen to others

Meanwhile Dev's gaze continued to study her. She smiled answering some question dadima asked her.....

She had beautiful features. Her eyes were large, medley of black and brown, well spaced under perfectly shaped brows.She had a fair complexion, flawless with a glow.....

As she spoke to Dadima, Her dupatta slid down her head.....unveiling her hairs; soft, silky, glowing with a brownish tinge....left loose falling on her shoulders.

He didn't seem to get enough of her.....and his gaze shifted to her every now and then.

He smiled at himself........

Finally the purohits were about to leave and radhika heaved a sigh of relief.....

The purohits said their good byes and started walking away .....

She saw them walking down the stairs.....and her gaze shifted to him....his back as he was walking down the stairs.

She frowned a bit.......not shifting her gaze.......

Just then Dev turns around to wear his shoes......And briefly glanced up at her....and seeing her looking at him....he smiled.....

Her face went red and she looked away!

Dev turned around smiling and walked down till the car......But as he walked, an array of images flashed across his mind....images of her singing, her staring at him, the way her face reddened, the way she spoke etc.

He smiled at himself......and bought out the keys from his pocket. He reached for the car door, seated himself, inserted the key and turned on the engine, and drove the car to where others stood....Other members got into the car and he drove off to Purohit house.

After the usual affairs and dinner, Dev retired to his room. He quickly took a bath and changed in to his black cotton pajamas and t shirt.

He lay down on his bed, his hands behind his head.......

His thoughts again drifted away to her....Radhika! And he smiled......!

Again her images flashed across his mind......her smile, her eyes, her face, her voice.....!! "Everything is so beautiful about her" he wondered aloud......! He realized that he wasn't able to take his mind out of her.....

She demanded every ounce of his attention.

He thought about her as he drove back to home, as he dined with others, as he chatted with arjun. He thought just about her.

It seemed rather odd for him. He had never ever felt for a girl like this. True he did date a few lot of girls, but it was he who always had the reins, he never felt so out of control, he wasn't able to control his mind......it kept thinking about her.....!!

But he somehow loved thinking about her....

Somehow strange, he wondered.

He had hardly met her. Just a few glances, and her sweet voice has made him feel for her like this, has made him think about her like this. This was maddening, he thought.
Edited by sia_lovely - 13 years ago
sia_lovely thumbnail
Hey Thanks a lot guys!! Thanks for the wonderful response......!! 😊

chipak..... I woud love to update twice as well 😉 !! I will try to!!