Tte--tte with Mahi Vij - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Why Laagi Tujhse Lagan?
I think it's an author-backed role.
These are the kind of roles that hardly come your way. Why leave it?

Aren't you afraid of becoming another Mona Singh, who did Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin?
I'm not because I'm Mahi and she was Mona. (Laughs) I don't mind playing Nakusha all my life. My mother watches my show regularly.My father who's not a TV freak catches the re-runs. That enthuses enough energy to go on with a role like this.

Aren't you setting a mould, which can't break easily in your career?
I'm not. And even if I am, it doesn't matter. I am not afraid of what kind of shows will come my way after this or if I will really land another show after this. I don't even dream of becoming a film actress, which most actresses do when they enter TV.

What's your backstory?
I was a model in Delhi. There, the spectrum was limited to print advertisements and hoardings. I thought about shifting to Mumbai for a larger base. My parents accompanied me and I became a model here.
Then I was offered Kaisi Laagi Lagan, which eventually became Shubh Kadam on Sahara One. It lasted a year. My contract and the show ended together. And then, I'm here. I've had two lagans and I don't know 'mera lagan kab hoga'.

Most actresses who take on lead roles plan to move out after a while and take on new shows.
(Cuts in) Right now, I'm booked for all the 30 days of the month. Once newer characters are introduced and the tracks begin to shift, maybe I'll have the time to consider a reality show.

Dating anyone?
No, who will date an ugly girl like me?

Hindustan Times

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

That was funny, Specially the part where she mentioned she had two Lagaans and when will her real lagaan take place 😆😆 .. She's nt ugly, I personally feel she is a calm, an ordinary type girl.
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
she looks gud and i like her chota sa interview