BEAUTY SECRETS - Prt 2 All about the Face (pg 3) - Page 9

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by lil_lilo

they say ice helps close pores and tightens skin.  :)

*anyone tried putting egg white on their face? you can feel your skin tightens...and softer after you wash them out.

I have.
But its really  hard to put it on since its so watery...dont know if i did it right.
I'll try this again tomorrow...and i'll try to keep it on longer πŸ˜†
Originally posted by Perfangel5655

I am like extremely sad because I wrote the whole now it's all gone for some reason! 😭

PART 2
All about the face

Hello everyone. Sorry the update is a bit late. I couldn't figure out what Part 2 should be on.
 I decided talk face today. Some of you might know all of these. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments feel free to share it.

Mission: Getting that flawless texture and a healthy glow

0. If you have acne of the side of face try washing your hair at night so you can sleep with clean hair. Change you pillow case, and clean your cell phone! Also make sure to keep your hair of your face. When you put spray on your hairspray do not let it touch your face.

1. In the morning wash your face with cold water for about 10 seconds then switch to warm water. I PROMISE IT MAKES YOUR SKIN LOOK SOO MUCH BETTER. I am sad I didn't know this earlier on my life. I passed this knowledge on to my brother he loves it.

OMG I tried this! It feels so good. and i dont dry my face completely i just dab it gently with my face towel!

2. Exfoliate!! Your skin has dead skin cells that you need to get rid off. Exfoliating makes your skin much brighter because it makes place for new skin cells. Dead skin cells can create challenges for the new skin: blackheads, whiteheads, rough texture, or an uneven appearance of the skin tone.

If you have money I highly recommend you purchase this awesome invention called clairsonic. This baby gets rid of all your dead skin cells when you use it with your cleanser making your skin much brighter by the day and softer. (like baby soft). It gives you an amazing deep cleanse. But it is a tad bit expensive.

Neutrogena has something similar called Neutrogena wave. I have never tried it myself but it's much (much much) cheaper than clairsonic.

Or you can do something very simple like using a small bath towel. Gently rub your face in circular motion when you cleanse your face. Don't miss a spot. I usually leave the warm towel on my face for a minute or two. It feels so good and it opens up more giving a better clean feeling.

This might sound really really bad! but i exfoliate every night LOL.

Natural exfoliant!!

Ok I literally swear by this mask +exfoliant . I use this twice a week, it makes my pores look smaller and it has gotten rid of acne scars. Not to mention I don't have acne problems.
Try to use all organic product for this
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar. (don't use regular vinegar, it will kill you)
2 tsp of green tea (cool the tea first)
1 tsp of honey
about 7 tsp of sugar

Mix it. Use a cotton pad to distribute on a clean face. Use you fingers to scrub and exfoliate. Massage for a minute or so. Leave it on for about 10 minutes. (try to pat on more of the sticky liquid on your face when you leave it on for 10 minutes)

Some warnings::
IT SMELLS HORRIBLE!!! I drink apple cider vinegar and it smells nasty.
Don't get it in your eyes.

3. Use a toner!!
For years I went without a toner. I thought well toners are probably just alcohol that will harm my skin more than it will help me. WRONG! (well sort of) you want a toner that will help you both long term and short term. Get your hands on a decent toner. (a toner that is more natural than lab made chemicals) When you wash your face you can NOT gurantee the water you used is 100% pure. Imagine all the impurities you leave in your pores. Not to mention the cleansers don't remove every bit of your makeup. Toners get rid all those. It removes your dead cells and lets your skin generate new cells. It also makes your pores appear smaller!

4. Moisturize
Only if I was smart enough to figure it out before. Moisturize and massage. Every morning when you use your moisturizer, use those God given fingers and massage gently for 30 seconds to a minute. It's increases blood flow to use skin. It gives you that magical glow. Do the same at night.

Ive only recently started re-moisturizing my face.

BUY THE RIGHT MOISTURIZER

Get something with spf. make sure it is something that will NOT clog your pores.
  • Try to get something that has more natural products than lab made chemicals and preservatives.

Some great home remedies for amazing skin

Yogurt is a great way to refresh your skin. It makes your pores smaller and fights bacteria, soothes your skin. (don't use fruit flavored sweet yogurt, go with natural)

~ Egg mask!! Egg white gets rid of excess oil and minimizes the apperance of large pores.

Facial hair

If you are a woman then you most likely do not have beard but we still tend to get facial hair. Like upper lip hair. there are different ways to get rid of that waxing, using those creams that literally dissolve the hair. Imagine how dangerous that is.

If you don't like these try Epicare. (well mine is called spring it) It's few dollars less than epicare though the thing is identical. It grabs on to every single hair on your face. you can watch tv and do it. It's very convenient. Just make sure to wash your face with warm water first to open up the pores.

It does NOT make your facial hair grow faster, or longer, darker or thicker. I love it.

i dont really have facial hair. lmao

Face whitening

hehe! The tricky topic. Most of us originally have a much lighter skin than the one we have now. It's okay to want lighter skin. But DON'T buy dangerous bleaching products. if you are on I-F you have access to the internet. Read about the ingredients that are in your fairness cream. Make sure it's safe.

Stick to home remedies if possible. Fruits with Vitamin C are naturally bleaches your skin. Things like lemon or tomato. I heard potato also works well. Gram flour (besan) is also known to have skin whitening agents.

My skin got much darker over years (thanks to sunny florida). After I started paying attention to my skin it is muc much much lighter now. (in a healthy way). I do extensive research on everything I buy.Nothing goes on my face without a spot test and loads of reviews.

Make sure to always protect your skin from the sun! Too much sun exposure not only darken your skin tone but it causes premature aging.

Hmm that's about it. Let's talk make up for your face now.

I have oily skin. My makeup used to stay fresh for about 1 hour at the max then I would start on all the touch ups.
Then I decided this amazing thing called makeup primer. (heck few years ago i didn't even know such things exsisted for face. I mean as a ceramics artist I know how you must always put a base coat on so the paint stays on nicer, when you paint your house you should do the same but I never knew the same thing applied to face) So last year I went ahead and bought my first primer. IT IS MAGIC!!!!!!!!! My magic lasts for hours!! My siblings started commented why does my face look spotless and so bright (lighter) these days. The first day i used it I went shopping, ran some errands, came home scrubbed my bathroom looked in the mirror and my makeup was still fresh. I went out yesterday morning , got wet in the rain like 4 times, ate out came home and my makeup still looked clean and amazing. And it doesn't even look like I am wearing makeup.

Buy the right primer. If you buy the wrong primer that doesn't suit your skin then it will not give you magical results.

Concealer
If you have fine lines, or dark circles under you eyes that you absolutely hate then invest in a concelaer. It makes your skin look flawless.

If you want to get rid of dark circles naturally try some home remedies (like placing slices of cold Kiwi, or cucumber)

Foundation rules
Decide on how much coverage you need. If you need slight coverage there is no reason to buy a foundation that gives you a lot of coverage.
find out which foundation is suited for dry skin and which one suits oily skin.
Buy the right shade. (pay attention to your tone Warm or cool. Look at your veins to find out)

Use a powder makeup as a finish. It makes your face look less shiny and soaks up the oil.

Learn to contour
Your face should never be all the same exact color. You can slightly enhance some areas to make your face look lovelier. Like for example you want your nose to appear a bit more thinner. Well contour the side with a slightly darker color. (you can buy the color wheel these days that have different shades of foundation)

Blush

If you have a long face make sure to apply blush only on the apple of your cheeks. On the other hand if you have round face then fan upward when applying blush.
If you want to look younger apply your blush higher to give sort of face lift.

Water magic
3 years ago I found this out the hard way. I was at a festival and my jerk friend threw cold water on my face. I was furious. In the car my sis asked what did I do to my face because it's looks great. I checked it out the mirror and my makeup did look much better than usual. From then on everytime I applied a decent amount of makeup I make sure to do the water ritual.
They actually sell water for face these days. Evian has facial water spray for the 15 dollars. You don't need to spend that money just wet a tissue or paper towel and wet with cold clean water. Slightly pat it on your face (ignore the eye areas if you have eye makeup on) It makes you make up stay much longer, keeps it looking fresh and clean and it gives your face this dewy effect. Which is beautiful!

I already covered cleansing but make sure to clean your face really well before you go to bed. Don't go to sleep with makeup on. It kills your face. Olive oil ( I prefer extra virgin olive oil) is an amazing amazing amazing makeup remover. It's gentle on your face unlike some of the harsh makeup remover, cleanser and makeup wipes which have lot of chemicals that might not help you in the long run. It also moisturizes your face. It is the number #1 beauty product for arabs, greek beauties. And Olive oil does not clog pores. So NO PIMPLES!!!

That's all for now. Stay healthy. drink lots of water. Those are the best things you can do for your face.

Feel free to comment!

much much love! (that's exactly why i ended up writing this post twice)

Okay, LOL the rest I can do.
but i dont get the water magic.
how do u apply the tutorial thingy?
Please hit back.
Ebony.x

Perfangel5655 (sry don't know ur name) can u make a youtube videos on face make up and beauty tips...it's my request as i need to know more about make up I can't find perfect make  up for my skin n i'm not the richest person...sooo i don't buy expensive things =((

plzzz it's my request to u to make youtube videos 
Hey, thanks a lot for this updare. Seriously... It rocks and is the best !! I have an oily skin too n i freak up when my make up does not last long. Thanks for the advice. Will definitely try them !!
Such an amazing post ! how on earth i never found it before !πŸ˜†

Thanks for such gr8 tips everyone .. deffo gonna try someπŸ˜›

Edited by reha_rm - 13 years ago