Do Hanson Ka Jodaa

Do Hanson Ka Jodaa: Articles Archive

minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago

Do Hanson Ha Jodaa Articles Archive

Hello Friends 😃

Please post all the articles related to the show and its characters here.

Thankyou,
India-Forums Development Team.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Shubhangi Atre's dream entry in Do Hanson Ka Jodaa

14 January 2010 | 4:38pm    38 Comments
Shubhangi Atre will be seen romancing with her filmy heroes like Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor in her introductory scene in Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa..

Rajshri Productions have a trademark style and flavor when it comes to depicting love stories, and this is exactly what we will see in their new show on NDTV Imagine, Do Hanson Ka Jodaa launching on 18th January at the 9.30 PM slot.

The protagonist of the show, Preeti played by Shubhangi Atre is fully filmi and dreams of a life partner who is extremely handsome and dashing, a guy who is similar in looks to Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor. However, destiny has something else in store for her, and she gets married to a very simple, down-to-earth and shy guy who is the total opposite of her 'Dream Man'.

According to our source, "Rajshri Productions have shot the introductory scene of Preeti in a very classy manner. Clippings from successful Rajshri films Maine Pyaar Kiya, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun and Vivaah will be shown wherein instead of the heroines in the films, Preeti's face will be shown".

When asked Shubhangi about her unique entry scene in the show, she says, "Yes, the introduction given to the lead character has been shot in a unique way. We have used clippings from Maine Pyaar Kiya, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and Vivaah wherein I dream of such a guy in my life. It is beautiful to watch these scenes. I don't want to give more details as it will spoil the excitement of viewers".

Well, we look forward to this fairy tale love story which destiny has bestowed on Preeti…

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=6169
Asherkibiwi thumbnail

Popular faces in NDTV Imagine's 'Jodiyaa'

Seems like it is a comeback season for our tellydom actors.

Popular faces in NDTV Imagines Jodiyaa

Last week we reported about Siddharth Shukla's embarking on his second innings with Cinevistaas' 'Kya yahi pyar hai' and now we hear that Nupur Joshi, Shubhangi Atre and Shaleen Bhanot are all set to make a comeback with Rajshri Productions. Few weeks ago, we had reported about Rajshri Productions' upcoming show 'Yaha Main Ghar Ghar Kheli'[ for Zee where in actress Suhasi Goradia has been finalised to play the lead. And now we hear that the production house has yet another show in the kitty, this time for NDTV Imagine. The show as of now is titled as 'Jodiyaa' and will have popular actors in the lead.

Informs a source, "The show will have Ali Merchant, Shubhangi Aatre and Shaleen Bhanot in the lead. Actress Nupur Joshi who was last seen in Zee TV's 'Rakhi' will be seen in the show. The show will mark a comeback for Shaleen Bhanot and Nupur Joshi who were nowhere to be seen after their respective shows 'Nach Baliye 4' and 'Rakhi concluded'."

"The show is about a twist of fate where Shubhangi who is actually in love with Ali Merchant gets married to Shaleen Bhanot. Apparently, Nupur then enters to salvage the situation for Ali and starts liking him. The show is about the surprises destiny offers and how one of the leads gets married to someone she doesn't love and that is why the title Jodiyaa. The shoot of the show will start sometime next week and will launch sometime in September", says our source.

Both Shubhangi Aatre and Ali Merchant said that they had not even heard of such a show. Actor Shaleen Bhanot remained unavailable.

Asherkibiwi thumbnail

My new look has no similarity with Shah Rukh's: Shaleen Bhanot

Shaleen BhanotNew Delhi, Dec 30 - TV actor Shaleen Bhanot says his look in NDTV Imagine's new show "Do Hanson Ka Jodaa" has no similarity with Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan's in the hit movie "Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi".

"I think he (Shah Rukh) will commit suicide if he comes to know that somebody is comparing me to him. But honestly, there is no similarity between his character and mine. Maybe we look similar due to the get up, but there have been other actors like Amol Palekar who have done such roles before," Shaleen told IANS.

Asherkibiwi thumbnail
Salman Khan to romance in Do Hanso

Salman Khan to romance with Preeti of Do Hanson Ka Jodaa! Preeti, like every other girl, lives in her own world of dreams, in which she eternally dreams of getting married to a perfect man that resembles Bollywood's most handsome men like Salman, Saif, Shahid to name a few !

Her dream finally materializes and you will be a witness to it, as Rajshri Productions in association with Imagine, brings you Do Hanson Ka Jodaa. With an impressive use of Computer Graphics, Preeti will share special moments with the most adorable actors from Bollywood.

Thanks to this extraordinary technology that made it possible, Preeti will now star in Rajshri Production's blockbuster Maine Pyar Kiya opposite Salman Khan. She will also be seen romancing this Bollywood heartthrob and exchange famous dialogues from the movie! All this and much more….

"I have done a lot of graphics in my earlier shows and in my films too, but this one is really different. I did this for the first time. It took a lot of effort to do this. Right from scripting, storyboarding, shooting, editing, computer graphics, sound editing – the whole team worked really hard and it was really fun.... I hope our audience will also enjoy watching it. Another most important reason why this sequence is very close to my heart is that all the shots from Soorajji's films are my favourite, I grew up watching his films. This small effort is my tribute to the legendary film maker." Says Kaushik Ghatak, Director of Do Hanson Ka Jodaa.

Don't miss these romantic moments of Preeti with her favorite Bollywood stars on Do Hanson Ka Jodaa on 18th January at 9:30 pm only on Imagine.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/January/News_20100118_75

rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Shubhangi's Bolly dreams
Buzz up!

TV actress Shubhangi Atre's ultimate dream is coming into Bollywood. She said in a recent interview that she'd like to do the sort of earthy and real roles that are currently portrayed by Konkona Sen Sharma.

"I won't deny that I am living my dream life in a way because I always wanted to be an actor and thanks to Balaji Telefilms and Rajshri Productions, I got two very good shows," said Shubhangi, "It was my childhood dream of being an actor and I have been very lucky. But my ultimate dream is to make it big in cinema and I want to go there."

There has been no shortage of TV stars who have made it big in Bollywood, and the biggest of course is Shah Rukh Khan.
Says Shubhangi: "I really like the kind of roles that even Nandita Das does for that matter. I am more into art movies and offbeat films. Films like 'Rudaali', 'Dasvidaniya', 'Wake Up Sid' and 'Paa' are more like my taste. Even though these were commercial films, there was something in these that touched the heart."

Asked if she had received any such offers for the big screen yet, Shubhangi said, "I am getting offers. I got an offer and I auditioned for it. I am waiting for a response so I can't talk about the details as of now."

In Do Hanson Ka Jodaa Shubhangi a dreamy girl, who is married off to a bespectacled simpleton, played by actor Shaleen Bhanot.
"I am really happy with the cast and crew of this show. The biggest thing to make a show or film a success is that all actors, especially lead actors should gel well. Otherwise, the work atmosphere will not be good. But I have great fun with all of them."

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Shaleen and Daljit have been one of the it-couples of the industry for quite a while now, and with good reason. The chemistry they share which made them the winning pair of Nach Baliye 4 is still going strong, and now more than ever as they bask in the bliss of married life. We caught the couple reminiscing about their good ol' bachelor days and learnt a few secrets about keeping the magic alive, even when their hectic schedules don't allow them a lot of together time.

"It so happens that both of us share the same birthday, and so we have the same nature; we both love giving surprises to each other" says a chirpy Daljit. A bit of gentle prodding got the newlywed to share her romantic secrets with us. "Last year when Shaleen and I were to get married, we were not allowed to meet each other for a few months before the wedding. Now since mine and Shaleen's birthdays fall on the same date, which is 15th September, and our wedding was on 9th December, we weren't going to be able to celebrate together. But since we had agreed to our parents' demand of not meeting each other, we kept our word and my friends planned to take me out for a nice dinner at a Dhaba on the old Mumbai-Pune highway. I was fine for a while but then I got emotional and simply couldn't let our special day go by without seeing him. So, along with all of my friends, I landed up in Mumbai," shares Daljit.

The big twist here is that Daljit's parents had no idea that she had sneaked away to meet her then husband-to-be! So what happened next? With a naughty smile, Daljit continues, "By the time we reached Shaleen's place it was way past midnight. I called him up to tell him that some friends of ours are waiting downstairs at his building with gifts, but the watchman isn't letting them in. Shaleen came downstairs, furious at the watchman, but then did a double take as he never expected me and my friends to be there. I could tell that he was shocked and touched at the same time."

Well, we must admit, Shaleen is one lucky guy! But what happened when their parents found out about their little secret? "Admittedly, my parents are still not aware of it. But I guess they will know now!" laughs Daljit. Anyway, we suppose all's well that ends well. Hmm?

- Chandana H. Buch / Tellycafe.com

http://tellycafe.sampurn.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=2421&parentid=0

.Sunshine. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Nupur Joshi describes her Prince Charming

10 February 2010 | 3:34pm    

Nupur Joshi aka Sumi of NDTV Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa, talks about her dream guy…

Nupur Joshi tells she is almost '70 percent' like her character Sumi in NDTV Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa, but when it comes to her dream guy she has her individual preference…

Nupur tells us, "My character Sumi is a very dreamy girl. She has woven a lot of stuff in her head about how her ideal man should be. She basically wants all the qualities of a stereotypical hero in him. However, sometimes she goes over the top. So that's where I don't relate with her."

So what are the qualities she looks for in her dream guy? "He should be a hybrid of Ranbir Kapoor and Abhishek Bachchan," she quips.

When drilled why specifically these two actors who seem to be a total contrast of themselves Nupur replied, "Well, Ranbir is a cute guy. He looks like he is someone who'll take care of you. Abhishek is the kind who can make you feel comfortable. You know, you can reach out to him."

Now that seems like a modest set of requirements!

Reporter and Author: Susan Jose

.Sunshine. thumbnail

Shaleen & Daljit share on life after 'the wedding'!

05 February 2010 | 5:40pm    

Shaleen and Daljit in a cozy chat with Tellybuzz…

It's just been close to two months since this ultra-cute couple of television got married. Here Shaleen Bhanot and Daljit Kaur talk of what it's like to be married, how it has changed their lives for good and when they'd like to start a family…

You people have been dating from so long. How has marriage brought a change in your relationship?
Shaleen: Well, there has been a beautiful change in our relationship. And there should be a change if you want to be a responsible husband and wife.

We'd like to know what changes you've noticed in each other post-marriage?
Shaleen and Daljit: Umm…No changes…

Do you miss anything at all from you dating period?
Daljit: Umm…no
Shaleen: I do miss. Her parents' scolding. Don't go for movies late at night and stuff like that (laughs).

Daljit is not seen on TV. Is that a conscious decision to not work after marriage? If no, when can we see you get back?
Daljit: Well, we made a decision to get married. There was  no time actually to work after marriage as I needed time to get to know my new family. And the new things that were happening. Now that I'm back to Mumbai and well adjusted I would definitely be back on TV very soon.

What kind of roles are you looking for?
Well it's been just a month since I got married so not many changes have happened. I'm looking for sensible and interesting roles.

Shaleen, in Do Hanson Ka Joda you play a geeky character. ..
I don't play a geeky character. Suryakamal is a very intelligent guy. He is very mature… he is the man. In fact later in the show he becomes the hero of the girl he gets married to.

Daljit, usually girls have to make a lot of adjustments in their lifestyle once they become a wife. Did you have to do so too?
People make adjustments when they have to. But I did not have to adjust into any specific thing as such. Of course, before marriage you stay with your parents and after getting married you enter a new house where the lifestyle is different. So to adapt to this new lifestyle I think comes naturally as a human tendency. I won't call it an adjustment. It's something very beautiful. When your in-laws welcome you with so much love, it becomes a cake-walk. I still can't believe that one month has passed so quickly. So it has been a beautiful dream like life as of now and I'm sure its gonna be like this forever.

Does marriage truly require working on every single day?
Daljit: Definitely. Whether its marriage or any kind of a relationship it has to be worked on. I think the time when you take any of your relationship for granted, it starts losing its charm. So definitely every single day you should work on your relationship whether its marriage or otherwise. Yeah I completely believe in that.

One love song, or film that you both can totally relate to.
Shaleen starts singing – Thoda hai thode ki zaroorat hai
Daljit bursts with laughter – How cute is that!
Shaleen (sings again): Bas itna sa khwaab hai

Both the songs?
Shaleen :Yeah both the songs!

Shaleen, have you come across the typical married man moment yet- where you had no clue whether to support your mom or your wife?
Haha…no not like that. But in the sense that previously the whole household was my responsibility. I used to stay alone. But now she has taken over the leadership from me. Now she is the one instructing the cook and the maid. Even when I don't agree I keep quite because for so long I've waited for someone to take this responsibility away from me and now that it has happened I don't want to interfere.

Daljit, do you address your husband now…with a 'aap'?
I have been addressing him that way right from the beginning.

So guys when are you planning to go the family way?
Shaleen: We are a family na…hum do hamare do cook…
Daljit: I think right now he is busy raising me …I'm a very naughty child for him.
Shaleen: It's a very serious thing. I think you should plan for it when you are mentally mature enough. I think mentally she is say four and a half and I'm somewhere around eleven and a half. I think we have a lot of scope to grow.

Apart from that what plans for the near future?
Shaleen: Lot of plans yaar…like right now after you leave we'll have food. Sorry I'm just kidding. Well, as far as career plans are concerned, I'm doing my business which is really good, my show Do Hanson Ka Jodaa is doing good and people are really liking me. I'm concentrating on that. I've taken it too seriously so I've grown my own moustache. As for now I really hope that it runs very long this way.

Reporter: Ashima Mishra
Author: Susan Jose

.Sunshine. thumbnail

"Parents' decision is important" Shubangi Atre

31 January 2010 | 1:05pm    

Tellybuzz on a tete-e-tete with Shubhangi Atre…

Shubhangi Aatre, who plays Preeti in Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Joda is all for parents and family values. She talks about her new show, her views on how marriage decisions should be made and her future plans.

How's the going been in Do Hanson Ka Joda?
The going's been fantastic! It's a beautiful show and I consider myself lucky to be a part of this show. This is very different from anything I've seen before. Its sweet, simple and real.

Tell us about your character Preeti.
Preeti is this very filmy girl who refuses to come out of her dream world. For her, whatever she sees in the movies is reality. She expects her soul mate to be like those typical Bollywood heroes. But when she eventually gets married to this very simple guy she is heartbroken. However, later she realizes that there's something called inner beauty and that's what's more important.

Do you relate to Preeti?
Preeti is an ideal girl and to be like her is very difficult. However, I can empathize with her because our backgrounds match, the moral values with which we've been brought up is the same. I'm also the youngest child in the family, like Preeti, and while growing up got pampered a lot!

Your character got married to this simple person who she is not at all in love with because of her mother. Do you feel, this is the way it should be in real life?
I believe parents' decision is important because we should not fail to understand that they have experienced life better than us. But I also want things to be settled with mutual understanding. In Preeti's case, her mother understood Preeti very well. She understood that her daughter is full of fairytales in her head and that the real world is something else. Her mother didn't have the time to explain to Preeti that reality and movies are very different.
Also, if you go to see not every girl is like Preeti and do exactly what the mother says. The girl may resort to some wrong measure too…which would end up hurting a lot of parties. So decisions are always better after transparent discussions.

What about your marriage?
Mine is a love cum arranged marriage. My parents' fortunately accepted the person I fell in love with. They understood me, they still do. So far, all is well (laughs).

Tell us about the transition that a girl goes through after marriage.
Many actually. I've heard some people say – 'I haven't changed after marriage. I'm still the same'. I don't feel the same way. According to me, a girl goes through several changes after marriage. Marriage is a bond that completely changes you as a person.

Tell us about your rapport with co-actors.
We all are very good friends. Everyday is a party on sets. I knew Ali even before Do Hanson Ka happened. Shaleen is someone who I met through the show and we've struck a chord with each other. Now we are good friends and it helps to have a good relationship with your on-screen partner. Reema ji is a treasure house of talent. I'm fortunate enough to be working with her because everyday she teaches me new things.

How is it working with Rajshri Productions?
After working with Balaji I feel fortunate to get associated with another reputed production house. Sooraj ji and Kavita ji have made a splendid reputation for Rajshri Productions. They are known for creating films and shows, which reflect Indian values and traditions. Their projects are always something that you can enjoy with your family. And the production house lives upto its standards every minute of every day. Things are so well organized. It makes working so smooth!

What plans for future?
Right now, I'm fully concentrating on Do Hanson Ka Joda. This show gives me a lot of scope for performance. This is only my second show so I've got a lot to learn. As an actor there's always hunger for new characters and I am looking forward to many new roles in future. What I'm most fond of and eager for is parallel cinema. I hope I get to work in one someday, provided I have your love and support.

Your message to fans.
You had given me a lot of love when I played Kasturi. I just want you to appreciate me as Preeti too. Please continue to encourage and support me.