Do Hanson Ka Jodaa: Articles Archive - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Showing 1 of 5 images Previous    Next
Ali Merchant Kolkatta Calling

Is excited about visiting KOLKATTA FOR THE 1ST TIME, will be there on 15th and 16th ...aaamhi tumhaake bhaalo bhaashi....was Ali's status update on a networking site.

With marriage comes a life partner, a sense of fulfillment and of course the other goodies of life. Traditionally, Indian men are a pampered lot. During childhood, men are pampered by their mothers and sisters. Upon marriage, they expect the same, perhaps even more from their wives.

Shaleen Bhanot isn't quite among the pampered lot but he sure is one lucky chap to have a wife like Daljit Kaur. Bhanot, who hails from Rajasthan, was living all alone before his marriage to Kaur. Like most migrant bachelors, Shaleen had to hunt for food outside. His hectic schedule seldom allowed him to try his hands at cooking. Now Mrs.Bhanot is there, so our man is carrying home made food daily.

"Earlier, Shaleen had to depend completely on food from the sets but not anymore. I'm not a great cook but I derive great pleasure in cooking for him daily. Shaleen has now become like a school boy who carries a tiffin box daily," said Daljit.

So, what is it that Mrs.Bhanot usually cooks for Shaleen?

"Usually, it's dal rice and chapatti. Shaleen simply loves it.  I'm not sure how well I cook, but thus far Shaleen has never complained.  I'm happy that he has someone to cook for him. Consuming outside food regularly isn't good for health. The good thing is that Shaleen now returns home at 9.00 pm, thereby having his dinner on time."

It's all hunky dory at home but Bhanot's show Do hanson ka joda hasn't been received all that well by the viewers. The principal fault lies with the plot which is hugely inspired from the film Rab ne bana di jodi.  Shaleen's character look is same as that of Shah Rukh in that film.

Tell this to Daljit and she's out in a flash to defend her man.

"For me, Shaleen is doing a marvelous job. He's put his heart and soul into this character. I find him sexy in this look too," chided the actress.

Our apologies to Mrs.Bhanot! Your man is the best.

-Mayur Lookhar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.sampurn.com/index.php?action=pg_view&id=2534&parentid=0

Ali Merchant joins Sara Khan in Sony's Aahat..

The real life pair of Ali Merchant and Sara Khan will for the first time be seen sharing screen ...

Rita Bhaduri to get Suryakamal and Preeti closer in Do Hanson Ka Jodaa

Veteran actress Rita Bhaduri's entry in Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa will bring the married ...

Shaleen in awe with Suryakamal..

The man in Shaleen Bhanot gets a complex, and the credit goes to his on screen character ...

Posted: 13 years ago
Vindhya Tiwari enters Do Hanson Ka Jodaa as parallel lead..

Vindhya Tiwari, popularly known as Jamuni in Zee TV's Agle Janam will soon enter Imagine; Do ...

Praneeta Sahu bounces back after a jaw fracture..

Praneeta Sahu who plays Ritu in Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa is on the path to recovery, after ...

Sara Khan and Ali Merchant to do a film together?

The buzz is that the real life pair of Sara Khan and Ali Merchant have been offered the title ...

Shaleen and Daljeet deny trouble in paradise

If sources are to be believed, the newly-married couple, Shaleen and Daljit, are going through some tension and are also being very cold with each other. The couple is never seen together in any of the functions and they are always reportedly fighting with each other too.

A source informs, "Even on the sets of Do Hanso Ka Joda, Shaleen is always on phone having fights with Daljit, and it seems like they aren't getting along too well. Even in the recent music launch of Maverick production's Chase, Shaleen came alone without Daljit and when he was asked about her absence, he didn't know what to say."

When we called Shaleen, he rubbished the rumour by saying, "Yes, my doctor has advised me to practice kickboxing and fighting with someone so I got married to Daljit (Laughs)." On a more serious note, he said, "No, it's absolutely wrong, if I want to fight with her than why would I have married her? It's untrue."

We also called Daljit and she playfully said, "Please, we are the couple who is endorsing marriage and Nazar Mat Lagao Yaar! The reason we didn't go to the release of Chase together was because I wasn't around at the time as I was in Pune."

Edited by Jetinder - 13 years ago

Beauty secrets by Shubhangi Atre

Television actress Shubhangi Atre aka Preeti of Imagine's Do Hanso Ka Jodaa, who shot to fame by playing Kasturi Chawla, a young girl with strong middle-class values from a simple and loving family gives us some important beauty tips...

What are the items you incorporate in your diet with respect to skin care?

"I drink coconut water daily. I eat sprouts and fruit salad daily. The fruits vary from apple, papaya, banana and pineapple. I include seasonal fruits like my current favourite is mango. I drink lots of water. I drink one lemon juice daily that provides me ample vitamin C. I eat papaya for vitamin E. In the afternoon, I drink green tea instead of regular tea. I eat one amla every alternate day. I use less of red chillies powder at home ,so I prefer black pepper as that has vitamin E."

Do you believe in skin treatments or prefer natural remedies?

"I prefer natural remedies as they are a part of nature. I not only drink orange juice and lauki juice, I even use them physically on face. I use apricot and tomato also on my face as a scrub. Besan mixed with turmeric powder is what I use as a face scrub once a week. Tomato Juice and honey mixed with lemon juice and white pepper powder works well for anti ageing. Mixture of olive oil, fresh malai and honey does wonders for the skin."

How do you protect your skin against sun tan?

"I put sun-screen whenever I know there will be exposure to sun. I keep a white umbrella with myself even when travelling."

Please tell us about your hair care regime in detail......

"Once a week, I put warm olive oil with some camphor thrown in on the hair and do thorough massage. I always take a hot towel after hair massage. I wash my hair with beer which acts as a good conditioner. I also wash it with eggs. I go for hair spa once a month. I shampoo once a day if I am going out daily otherwise thrice a week. I get trimming done once a week. I make a personal hair pack of tuar dal powder which is soaked overnight. Put it in the hair for 20 minutes and wash it with water."

Any skin care tips you can recommend to our readers...

"Be happy from within, it reflects outside. Take less stress and create a balance between personal and professional life. Two personal secrets for readers- first one, I eat methi dana powder in warm water daily that solves swelling problem and under eye puffiness. Second secret for under eyes in one should put Kesar overnight in Kaccha milk and use it as a face pack in the morning for 15-20 minutes. Take care of your vitamins and calcium intakes, especially if you are a woman."

This article was posted by kishubedi on IF, Do Hanso Ka Jooda forum.