Do Hanson Ka Jodaa: Articles Archive - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
Shubhangi Aatre: As a kid I always used to dream of falling off a cliff and die. It used to scare me a lot and I would wake up panting and gasping for breath. I always discussed it with my parents who told me that it must have something to do with my past.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Dream-a-little-dream&aid=1966
Sikandar Kahrabanda To Enter Imagine's 'Do Hanso Ka Joda'

July 31, 2010: Actor Sikandar Kharbanda is soon going to enter NDTV Imagine's daily soap "Do Hanso Ka Joda'. The actor is very excited to be a part of the show, where he will play a producer and aspiring actor Lucky Kapoor. He dreams to be big actor in Bhojpuri film.

Sikandar Kharbanda is married to actress Geetanjali Tikekar. Interestingly, the actor has been in more than 20 Bhojpuri films in real life. He has also won awards for those films so it was quite easy for him to play Lucky Kapoor.

Kharbanda says, "Getting this wonderful opportunity to play this role was a sheer co-incidence. My background might have insisted the producers to offer me the role".

"Do Hanso Ka Joda' will soon welcome a family of "Thakurs'. The new family will consist of Ali Hassan, Rakesh Bedi, and Sikandar Kharbanda. Sikandar became popular for his role in "Kasauti Zindagi Kay'.

The actor informed, "I will play a filmi guy hailing from Chattisgarh, who dreams to become a Bhojpuri superstar. The character is a positive one and has funny shades. Even, my look has been also given a funny tone".

With the entry of new family, audience can expect more complex and shrewd plotting coming out from the vanity of the writer!

http://www.in.com/news/entertainment/fullstory-sikandar-kahrabanda-to-enter-imagines-do-hanso-ka-joda-14882723-83500941b3d843f90bf8267423dbf578d296ec1c-1.html
Friends Forever...

Best Friends are the siblings God forgot to give us, so we humans decided to search them ...

Shubhangi Atre

Shubhangi Atre – "Friendship is a divine feeling that has to be selfless"
For me my husband is my best friend and the best quality in him is that we have immense faith in each other. He is very patient, though he does over react at certain situations, but he understands me equally

Four years back when I had entered the TV industry my kid was very young and at that juncture my husband extended immense support towards me and helped me grow to the person I am today."

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=7342
A new family in Do Hanson Ka Joda

Soon, a new family, the Thakurs will be introduced in Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Joda. So far, the serial is revolving around Shubhangi Atre (Preeti) and Shaleen Bhanot's (Suryakamal) families and lives. The on-going track is about Suryakamal's sister's marriage, which has been called off.

A new family comprising Rakesh Bedi, Ali Hassan and Sikandar Kharbanda will enter the show to create trouble in Preeti's life. Sikandar's claim to fame is Kasauti Zindagi Kay. In the serial, he is shown to be a film producer who wants to make Bhojpuri films and be a hero. "I am playing a filmi guy from Chattisgarh, who wants to become a Bhojpuri superstar. He is a funny and positive character. I have even been given a funky look." He, however, is unwilling to reveal how the story will move ahead.

Click here for the articleEdited by Jetinder - 13 years ago
Shubhangi Atre:

I love to watch comedy shows and family sagas. And fortunately for me, since I am a part of the industry, I can relate to the making of the shows and understand the effort which has gone into keeping it so slick.

My favourite shows being Sasuraal Genda Phool and Balika Vadhu.
These shows are a complete package with loads of emotions and a social message to give out. What is interesting about Sasural...is that little incidents including bouts of emotions, give us something to learn. The show portrays family relations rather authentically. Perhaps that's why the people can relate to it.

Balika Vadhu on the other hand has much drama on the platter. The twists and turns, the get-up of the show which is so Rajasthani and also dialogue delivery, is engaging. I quite liked Ladies Special, for it was so earthy and real. I also liked FIR and Sarabhai V/S Sarabhai. Shows like these have been so much fun to watch. They often provided relief to my stress after a hectic day of work. Comedy shows such as The Great Indian Laughter Challenge and Comedy Circus can keep me in splits.

I prefer shows, which don't have to be followed on a daily basis, just like a saas bahu saga. I like to watch my own show Do Hanso Ka Joda, for obvious reasons. Everyday, I sit with my daughter Aashi with a bowl of popcorn on the couch and turn on the telly to get our dose of entertainment. Of course, then my li'l girl takes over the remote and cartoons become a staple. This way, I get to watch Tom and Jerry once again. Laughter furthers our bonding and that's my lovely moment of the day.

Click here for the article
Azaadi live celebrations

This year as we prepare ourselves to welcome the 63rd year of our independence, STAR Plus has brought in it's leading faces to advocate their golden vision of 'rishta wahi soch nayi'.

As we are growing and progressing slowly and gradually along with the nation we are still fighting the age old demons that have been festering our country for ages now - poverty, honour killing and many other social evils. Enlightening us on the issues that need our immediate attention and to be curbed, viewers will see their favourite actors Angad Hasija, Sara Khan, Ragini Khanna, Shaleen Bhanot, Harshad Chopra and Pooja Gor perform to popular numbers and bringing to fore the special messages that their performances focus on. The show titled as Azaadi LIVE, will see Harshad and Abhishek Awasthi pay tribute to the victims of terror strikes and poor farmers who have been committing suicide under dreadful circumstances. Apparently, so moved was Chopra with the issue he has thrown the light on that he couldn't hold his tears back.

Says Harshad on his emotional outburst, ''When I was performing on the stage I could actually feel the pain and the terror that our citizens are living with in fear of Terrorism. I am also a common man who lives with the same fear and I guess that is what made me emotional".

Another popular actor of the channel, Karan Mehra aka Naitik of Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, through his performance he portrayed that not so common life of a commoner - ''Aam aadmi of Mumbai''. Mehra's act took everyone by surprise as he performed Maharashtrian Lezim flawlessly. Says the humble actor, ''I am depicting the life of a common man; it's like presenting our every-day life because even I'm not any different.'' Not the one to shy away from his responsibility, Karan claims that as a responsible citizen and celebrity, he tries to do his bit to help the countrymen.

Actors Ragini Khanna, Parul Chouhan and Shaleen Bhanot displayed the spirit of Independence through the event. Pooja 'Pratigya' Gor's dance performance highlighted the ill treatment meted out to the women by the hands of the arbitrators. Angad and Sara who shot together after a gap of one month, highlighted the issue of honour killing. Seasoned actors, Ali Asgar, Urbashi Dholakia and Vineet Raina, presented a lighter side to the event thereby becoming the much needed respite to an otherwise intense show. There's was a filler which involved spoof, comedy and drama.

But what remained to be the highlight of the entire event and need to be eradicated from our society is growing disparity between Hindus and Muslims. Talking about her personal life, Sara who brought into focus the plight of two lovers who are drifted apart by our society in the name of honour and different castes, says, "Even though both of us are Muslims, the society we live in does not encourage our relationship as both of us belong to different sub-castes, to Hindu - Mussalmaan toh door ki baat hai".

But what actually shocked everyone was when the duo of Sara and beau Ali said, "We have been trying to purchase an apartment in Mumbai for a long time now, but we have still not been able to succeed on that. Any society or apartment that we go to we are turned down. The only reason that we can gauge is there fear of selling it to a Muslim".

We as a representative of the youth of today need to brainstorm over the evil issues and try to get rid of all of them. Watch the stupendous and eye-opening performances on Azaadi LIVE, 15th August, 12:00 noon only on STAR Plus.

Hill Road Media
Wednesday, August 11, 2010

http://starplus.startv.in/news/635/azaadi-live-celebrations.aspx
Suryakamal aka Shaleen Bhanot's death in Do Hanson Ka Jodaa disheartens Daljit, also creating a wave of disappointment amongst the fans..

Daljit Bhanot, wife of Shaleen Bhanot is upset as her favorite TV character, Suryakamal (essayed by her husband) from Imagine and Rajshri Productions' Do Hanson Ka Jodaa will soon meet with an unfortunate death.

Says she, "Suryakamal's character gave so much of recognition to Shaleen. The character was holding up the whole family. Even though his role was considered to be naive, he was the strongest of them all. This news of Suryakamal's death has shattered me".

Daljit also fears the very thought of coming online on social networking sites these days. Ask her about this, and she utters, "See, Shaleen and I have a common set of fans. Whenever I go online, they jump on me to ask about Suryakamal's death. They have sent in innumerable requests asking me to convey to the makers of the show, to now kill their favorite character. It's so overwhelming when I hear of the appreciation Shaleen is getting thro' the role".

Daljit expresses that the character is loved by one and all in smaller towns like Nagpur. "My mom-in-law has bought a house in Nagpur, and whenever I go there, I get hounded by Shaleen's fans who are inquisitive to know more about Suryakamal's track", she states.

She says that she will also miss the character, as much as Shaleen's fans will. "With this twist, Do Hanson Ka Jodaa is shaping up for an interesting future. I think fans will have to be content with missing Suryakamal for a while".

Like Daljit, we hope the fans too get to see their loved character back..

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=7430
Shaleen to return ala Hrithik from Kaho Na Pyaar Hai
Buzz up!

It is always a safe bet to incorporate the storyline of a popular flick in a daily soap as it always has the potential to draw viewers.

Imagine TV's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa is all set to adapt to the popular flick Kaho Na Pyaar Hai. Shaleen Bhanot's character of Suryakamal, a simpleton and middle class guy, is shown dead on the show. His sad demise has been a setback to his wife Preeti (Shubhangi Aatre) who has been distraught over his death. But this doesn't mean that Bhanot is out of the show as he will soon return on the show ala Hrithik Roshan from Kaho Na Pyaar Hai. He will return as Suryakamal's look-alike and will bump into Preeti later on the show.

Informs the source, "
Do Hanson Ka Jodaa will now emulate the track of popular flick Kaho Na Pyaar Hai. Just like Hrithik is murdered in the first half of the film only to return in a complete new avatar in the second half. Very similar to the movie, Shaleen will too make a return on the show in a complete new avatar. His glasses will go amiss after his reentry and he will sport a new look."

When contacted, Bhanot feigned ignorance about the impending track and said, "I have no clue about the track and I don't know whether I would be coming back on the show."

Watch Suryakamal in a sturdy avatar on
Do Hanson Ka Jodaa, Monday to Friday, 9:30 pm on Imagine.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsdetails.aspx?p=Shaleen-to-return&xfile=2010/August/News_20100818_38
Preeti aka Shubhangi Aatre of Imagine TV's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa has severely injured her back.

he protagonist of Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa, Shubhangi Aatre has gotten a setback when it comes to her health!! The actress was shooting for Shaleen Bhanot's comeback sequence at the railway station when she tripped out of a running train. In the process, she has injured her back severely and has been advised to be on bed rest for more than a fortnight by the doctors.

Elaborating on the accident scene, Shubhangi told TellyBuzz, "We were shooting in a real life situation on railway platforms. And we crew members were expected to alight at a particular station after the completion of the shot. But to my bad luck by the time my chance to alight arrived, the train had caught pace. I somehow got down the train, but had a great fall and suffered a back injury".

Shubhangi has suffered a pelvic bone dislocation and needs to be in bed for the specified number of days to avoid any further damage. "I am very much in pain, and my hip bone is badly damaged. I need to be resting as per the doctor's advice till September 15th. They fear that any kind of exertion might lead to paralysis for the rest of my life. But the sad part is that, we do not have an episode bank. So the channel and production house were forced to shoot my close-ups at my place for two days. The production house has been very co-operative and they understand that I am in pain. They are now working on certain changes in the track so that they can provide room for my absence"..

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=7490