Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jetinder thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Shubhangi Atre, the main lead of Do Hanso Ka Joda, is shooting with a broken back and against doctors orders!

Shubhangi fell off from a moving train a few days back and has dislocated her pelvic bone. However, since the production has no bank of episodes, they have moved the sets to shoot episodes at Shubhangi's house. An eye-witness reveals, "Shubhangi can barely move, but she has is committed to the show. The producers can't run repeat shows as the TRPs will be hit. So, she is flouting doctors' orders and shooting managing with pain killers." When we called Shubhangi, she couldn't even speak because of the pain. Her husband Piyush Pure revealed to us the details of her current state. "She can't walk at all and she is in so much pain that she can't even speak.

Doctors have advised her 15 days of complete bedrest and if she doesn't take care of her back, it may lead to future problems in walking and she might even have to stop dancing. The production house has been very supportive. They are not pushing her. She is doing whatever she can. The production is taking close ups and a few important shots that are needed to keep the show on air as she is the main character," he said. Here's wishing Shubhangi a speedy recovery..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Shubhangi-shoots-with-broken-back/articleshow/6432315.cms
rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Pets are family
Buzz up!

Soumita Sengupta & Natasha Coutinho

Animal lovers treat their pets like a part of their family and ask any pet owner about the advantages of having a pet and they cannot stop gushing.  We spoke to some TV stars about these special additions in their family.

Showing 6 of 9 images Previous    Next

Daljit Bhanot
My pet dog Shadow is very special because Shaleen had gifted him to me on our birthday (we share the same date of birth). Having him in our life is great because even when I am alone I know that there is someone around for me who loves me selflessly.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Pets-are-family&aid=2055

rose_e thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Unconventional Heroes
Buzz up!
Television has its share of unconventional heroes. They may not be the typical good looking, young and charming leading men but are still popular with the audience.

By Natasha Coutinho
Showing 3 of 6 images Previous    Next

Suryakamal of Do Hanso Ka Joda
Suryakamal's  (Shaleen Bhanot) look in Do Hanson Ka Jodaa has been inspired by Shah Rukh Khan in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. Preeti (Shubhangi Atre) dreams of marrying a film hero and is extremely disappointed after she is forced to marry the simple Suryakamal. However as time passes she realizes that he is a good person as heart and starts appreciating his kindness.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Unconventional-Heroes&aid=2061
Jetinder thumbnail
Do Hanson Ka Jodaa sees an unfortunate closure..

The unavailability of the lead actress Shubhangi Aatre has forced the channel to let go Do Hanson Ka Jodaa..

TellyBuzz had recently written about the unfortunate accident that has hampered actress Shubhangi Aatre who essays the lead role in Imagine and Rajshri Productions' Do Hanson Ka Jodaa. We now hear that the channel and production house have come to a mutual decision to give the show a logical ending, keeping in mind the unavailability of their female lead.

A little birdie tells us, "With Shubhangi not able to resume shoot at least till September 15th, the channel and production house initially contemplated to change their lead. However, they decided not to take this big risk, keeping in mind the major twist that has already been shown with the death of the male lead Suryakamal (Shaleen Bhanot). They felt that in a phase when the look-alike of the male lead (who has just entered) has not got a foot hold in the show yet, they could not take the ultimate decision of changing the female lead too".

When contacted, Producer Kavita Barjatya confirmed the news and said, "Yes, it is true that we have decided on mutual terms to end the show. Shubhangi is having a major pelvic bone problem and she is not available to shoot. We decided not to go for a replacement; hence this major decision has been taken. It is very unfortunate that the show is ending. We had a very interesting plot ahead. I am feeling sorry for the entire unit as this was an unforeseen development".

Do Hanson Ka Jodaa will be ending sometime in the second week of September. We also hear that Rashmi Sharma's Rehna Hai Teri Palkon ki Chaaon Mein will be the other show that will go off air, though we have not yet got a confirmation on this.

As we know, Imagine is all set to launch two fiction shows in the month of September, one being Shakuntalam Telefilms' Mere Gunaon Ka Devta and Raakesh Paswan and Nikhil Sinha's debut show as Producers, Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo.

As we welcome the programming change on Imagine, our heart goes out to Shubhangi and the entire unit of Do Hanson Ka Jodaa..

Edited by Jetinder - 13 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Shaleen Bhanot Depressed
User Rating: / 0
PoorBest 
Tuesday, 31 August 2010 13:02 Read : 35 times
digg

vote
nowBuzz up!

Shaleen Bhanot

If the buzz is to be believed then Shaleen Bhanot a.k.a Suryakamal of 'Imagine TV's 'Do Hanson Ka Jodaa' is depressed with the news of the show going off air. The production has taken the decision due to an inescapable reason. As female lead of the show, Shubhangi Atre had an accident recently, which has lead to severe pelvic bone difficulty. Eventually, the shoot without the female lead of the show was not possible and that proved to the axe on the show. But as the show has just changed the track where Shaleen is shown as a dashing guy in contrast to Suryakamal and for which Shaleen had taken lots of effort to look that dashing, disheartened him.

"Shaleen had taken lots of effort to build up his body by intake of healthy milk shakes and nutrition. But it seems that now all his efforts have gone in vain and thus the guy is in depression since the news of the show going off air is out," adds a source.

When contacted Shaleen to know his stance, he clears, "I am not at all disappointed because the show is going off the air due to some unexpected reasons. And as far as TRPs are concerned the show was giving good numbers to the channel and even the channel was happy with us. So there is no reason to feel bad about it as we have done all good things from our side. And as we cannot avoid the fact of Subhangi is injured, we have to put a full stop to the show."

"After all whatever happens, happens for the best, so I have no regrets about the show going off air. Will hope for something best," adds Bhanot optimistically.

The last date of telecast of 'Do Hanso Ka Jodaa' is on 5th September.

-- Tejashree Bhopatkar / TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/news-gossips/1186-shaleen-bhanot-depressed.html
Jetinder thumbnail
As reported earlier by tellybuzz that Rajesh Chadha who heads the new company (which is part of the Sphere group) Panglosean Entertainment is working on a love story for Star One, titled Yeh Ishq Haaye.

The story will be a typical love story set in the backdrop of Agra, and will involve a girl and three boys.

We had also reported that Yashdeep Nain of Lux Perfect Bride fame has been roped in to play one of the lead guys. Raunaq Ahuja who is presently seen in Zee TV's Sanjog Se Bani Sangini will be the other male lead. Also Shrishti Rode, a bubbly and chirpy college going girl has been selected to play the female lead.

According to our source the latest news on the future casting is that, "Pankaj Berry who plays a negative character in Imagine's Do Hanson Ka Jodaa will play the lead girl's father here. He would portray the role of an old fashioned father, with the old school of thoughts. In addition to him, Jaya Ojha and Preeti Kochar will also be seen playing pivotal roles."

"Also the news of Himanshu Malhotra to play the role of third guy in the show has been confirmed", adds our source.

We tried calling Pankaj Berry and Himanshoo Malhotra but they remained unavailable for comment.

http://www.in.com/news/entertainment-news/fullstory-pankaj-berry-in-yeh-ishq-hayee-15317459-6ed86961ad67525d9fea40b0768998e56c76e1b7-rhp.html.
Jetinder thumbnail
Neeraj aka Naveen Sen the mischievous young brother of Iamgine TV's, Do Hanson Ka Jodaa expresses his disappointment on the abrupt closure of the show...

Naveen Sen, runner up of Zee TV's, Cinestar Ki Khoj, and who is presently enacting the role of Neeraj in Imagine TV's, Do Hanson Ka Jodaa shares his television journey with tellybuzz…

Tell us something about your experience with Do Hanson Ka Jodaa?
It has been a splendid experience and all credits to the production house, Rajeshri. They are just awesome people to work with they share a very homely feeling, very punctual and professional. And the best part is that they avoid having night shifts.

And how has been the journey from Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki to Do Hanson ka Jodaa?
Actually, after being awarded as the runner up of Zee Cinestar Ki Khoj, I had signed a movie. Post I joined Balaji Telefilms as I wasn't accustomed to the hectic shooting schedule of fiction shows but after mutual understanding with the production house I decided to quit the show.

But I have got lot of popularity through Ekta Kapoor and she has the capability to make someone a star and help them gain stardom overnight.

Tell us something about your character growth in the serial post your brother's death?
Earlier my character hardly made its presence felt but now after around 5 months my track is working in a full swing. The character growth also has been amazing. Earlier my role was that of a mischievous, pampered kind of a guy and the shade in my character changed gradually.

And now post my brother's death I have become more responsible, protective towards my sister in law and have a strong hold over the family and things affecting their lives.

And what's your take on your show Do Hanson ka Jodaa having an abrupt closure?
I'm not satisfied and very disappointed with channel decision but Rajshri production is very loyal to its cast and crew. So they have come to such conclusion.

But personally just a day prior when I got the news of the show shutting down my father and I were planning to celebrate Durga Pooja in our native place in Calcutta and when my boy came in an informed me about our show wrapping up I just got blank for a second, it came as a shock to me more so because things turned sour at the moment when the show was moving through a very interesting phase and was receiving good response. So it's more depressing.

You have got an opportunity to work with two renowned production houses so how has been the occurrence?
The personal occurrence with both production houses has been great but the only difference I feel is that Balaji Telefilms promotes the show as well as all their characters on a huge scale whereas Rajshri Production depends on its concept for public attention.

So, post this while choosing a character what would you look for?
As per my understanding the biggest flaw in the TV industry is that the character sketch changes in every two weeks depending on the TRP because in Indian television industry both, the growth of a serial as well as the characters depends on the audience liking. So I should like and understand the basic characteristic of the role.

Are you looking forward for any special kind of character?
(smiles)I have been receiving lot of mails saying that they want to see me enacting the role of a romantic lover boy.

What are your passions except acting?
Except acting I Love going to gym my day doesn't complete without working out. I'm a big time fitness freak and also love playing football.

Do you hold any kind of fear in life?
I have never thought about it. But since childhood whenever I received any award I used to get damn nervous. May be I have an Award fear (smiles).

Any TV actor or production house you wish to work with in future?
I would like to work with Ronit Roy and Alok Nath. And when it comes to production house I'm looking forward to work with Rajan Shahi's, Director's Kut. Apart from that as an actor I want to enjoy what I do.

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/starry-takes/7571-im-shocked-by-the-abrupt-end-of-the-show-naveen-sen.htm
Jetinder thumbnail
Saying goodbye with love

It was nice to see the cast and crew of Do Hanson Ka Joda having a blast.

Their serial will be going off air soon and the entire team is naturally unhappy because they weren't expecting this.

But that didn't stop them from bonding together. They had a party on the sets to celebrate the good times they've had together.

Actors, technicians and everybody along with producer Kavita Barjatya chilled out together. They cut a cake after which they were all swaying to some foot--tapping music.

Jetinder thumbnail
Imagine TV is all set to air two new shows Gunahon Ka Devta and Baba Aiso Var Dhundo from September 20 in place of Palkon Ki Chhaon Mein and Do Hanson Ka Joda respectively at 9 and 9.30 pm.

These are the first two shows rolled out by Saurabh Tiwari who has taken over as Head of programming. He was earlier with Colors as Head -Fiction and is the man behind the launch of many shows like Balika Vadhu, Uttaran and Na Aana Is Des Laado.

Says Saurabh, "When I joined Imagine I realised that the channel has done some path-breaking non-fiction shows but when it comes to serials, a few like Bandini and Jyoti, have built a brand for the channel but TRPs have not been high." Consequently, Saurabh is introducing two hard-hitting concepts with Gunahon..which is about a thief with a heart of gold, a la Robinhood and Baba.. about a girl who is finding it difficult to find a suitable groom because of her looks. The USP of this serial is that instead of an actress, the girl who has undergone the trauma has been roped in to act. Vikrant Massey plays an important role in the serial. Says Saurabh, "Most of the serials on TV are female-centric but Gunahon... will be male-centric."

The serial has Ashish Sharma who was seen as an aspriing actor in Love Sex Aur Dhoka playing the gun-toting hero Avdesh Singh Thakur and Tanvi Bhatia as Arpita, his love interest. Will the two shows propel the channel to the forefront is something we will have to wait and watch.

http://www.in.com/news/entertainment-news/fullstory-bonding-over-sports-15401723-d541fbcd3d12c05c09f8a64a13eacb42e925b328-rhp.html.