Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jetinder thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
'It's best decision to be away from reality shows'- Ali Hassan

Dwarka aka Ali Hassan the negative character of Imagine TV's, Do Hanson Ka Jodaa in a sweet conversation with tellybuzz…

Ali Hassan, over the week had twin reasons to celebrate, firstly Eid and second reason being the actor turned a year older as he celebrated his birthday yesterday, 11th Sepetmeber. Shares his professional and positive towards acting and his other passions….

How did you celebrate Eid?
It was a real festive occasion for us. Early morning it was families get together and had lot of delicious home- made food. The second part of the day passed with friends as we met at a common friends place.

And how much did you enjoy on your Birthday?
Yes, it was indeed a pleasure. I went with my family for the movie Dabangg and had a really refreshing day. It is always nice to be with people you love.

Do you think you have been typecast in negative roles?
Yes I feel I have been unfortunate on that. Also it is a sad part of the industry that once you do a negative role they always visualize you in same, they do not think about capabilities of the actor .They often feel that it is easy to put an actor in same category of role .However I think there is an advantage too, as they think that I have done justice to my previous roles so whenever they think about negative role my face comes in their mind. There are pros and cons for everything.

How is it working with Rajshree Productions?
Oh it is like a dream come true, I always wanted to work with them and they did offer me few characters before which I could not do for some reasons. When they offered me this role of wicked Dwarka, I immediately jumped on it .It is an interesting character and the money was also nice, therefore there was no chance to say no. I am enjoying working
with them.

And what's your take on the abrupt ending of the show Do Hanson Ka Jodaa?
Yes, it did have an abrupt ending and we all are shocked by the outcome. I guess this is the only show on television that wrapped up when the TRP's were rising. When our track was introduced we got a great response. So, the TRP's started increasing. As far as I know the last rating before closure was a very descent 1.2.

Has industry changed a lot according to you?
Industry has changed and how. Sometimes I feel that it is not that industry in which I have debuted .But I guess change is the way of life and it is a constant part. With the changing time one needs to change .It took some time for me to cope with it .Now I am having a fun to play this new game all together.

Most of the television actors always eye Bollywood then why did you not think about taking it up seriously?
It was not a conscious decision; actually I accepted what came my way. It was my luck that I got to work in a film Gajgamini, but after that I started getting work in television and I did not think that I am switching from big screen to small screen. For me getting to play powerful character is important. In fact I want to do theatre as well if I get an opportunity, though I have not done it ever. If some good role comes my way then I do not mind in doing films.

Do you find it risky to do a show on less popular channel?
I do not think it is risky I think our show is helping the channel to boost TRP's; it is true that this channel is little behind in the race but I am sure we will increase their numbers with our show. For us it does not matter, what matters for us is role. People are recognizing me and appreciating me for character of Dwarka which is a best reward
for me.

Why you always stayed away from reality shows?
Frankly speaking reality shows are not real, they are rigged and fixed. I would not like to part of such shows. Only few of them like fear factor where you get to show your adventurous side are interesting. Otherwise I do not wish to associate with shows which
make you do crazy things and asks you to get into fight. I think it is one my best decisions to stay away from this shows.

Who are your favorite co-stars?
I am in touch with most of the stars from my various shows, from Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki I am in touch with Sakshi Tanwar Ali and others, from Durgesh Nandini I am in touch with Anupam.Siddharth and Mohit, from Nagiin I am in touch with Sachin Varma and Sachin Shroff. We keep chatting with each other and what makes us to be in touch with each
other is our chemistry which we shared during our shows.

Did anyone help you to get into industry?
There are many people who helped me to get into industry it is difficult for any talented actor to create a name without help.Balaji helped me a lot during my initial days ,they gave me good roles to play. One more person who helped me that was my friend Mushtaq, because of him I grab the foothold in this industry. However we are
not in touch now.

What kept you busy for all these days when you were not doing shows?
I bought a new house recently so my three months went in that .We were shifting and doing so many things for our house. It took us time to settle everything .I was helping my wife in her designing work too. I started doing paintings, I watched few plays and movies .If one decides to make oneself busy then there are many things one could do.

Do you think even after being in the industry for long time and doing many good roles, people did not offer you right roles?
Actually I started with positive role in Kayamat but later no one offered me positive roles. I started getting only negative roles so after some point of time I was bored. Now I have accepted the change and doing negative once again as it is certainly different than what I have done so far. I want to play nice positive role in future for sure.

What are you future plans?
I want to work, like I said I want to do plays and do some positive roles .I is open to do film. I also want devote more and more time painting and sketching it is kind of a drug for me, it makes me feel relax and helps me detach from outer world. Since my wife is designer we wish to have our own label and create a brand.          

Jetinder thumbnail

Shubhangi Atre's special bond with Rupa Ganguly!

Shubangi Atre, who was lastly seen in 'Do Hanson Ka Joda' on Imagine TV, has found a mentor in Rupa Ganguly, who is a senior actress and played her on-screen mother in 'Kasturi'. Now the on-screen bond has translated into a bond in real life for the two. Shubhangi is much-loved by Rupa as well as herfamily, and vice-versa.

Shubhangi feels Rupa Ganguly is like a mother figure to her in her real life; someone who is experienced as an actress as well as a person, and that each time she meets her, she learns something new. In a one-on-one with TellyCafe. com, Shubhangi said, "I love her a lot. When I came to this industry, I was very raw as an actress. Also, I am from Indore so the whole culture shock of being in Mumbai was quite tough. When I started shooting for 'Kasturi', she used to support me a lot."

Shubhangi tells us that Ms. Ganguly has a special aura of an emotionally rich person who conducts herself with a lot of dignity. "She is a very genuine person and she adores me and is like a family member to me and my family. I treat her like my mother; in fact my daughter also calls her 'Nani' and I call her mom. Now I can't think of life without her being a part of ourfamily."

Well, in a cutthroat industry like this one, it's not always easy to get a mentor who can be a friend too..

Jetinder thumbnail

Sarvagunn Sampanna makes way for Kitani Mohabbat Hai

Imagine will now pull out Sarvagunn Sampanna to place Kitani Mohabbat Hai at that particular time-slot.

With the launch of its new showsBaba Aiso Varr Dhundo and Gunahon Ka DevtaImagine has pushed forward the plans of bringing in a unique and different programming line up.

After axing Do Hanson Ka Jodaa and Palkon Ki Chao Mein, Imagine has now decided to shut shop Balaji TelefimsSarvagunn Sampanna.

A little birdie tells us, "Sarvagunn which did not have dramatic numbers to speak of, recently took a leap and even brought in a change with the replacement of the male lead. It seems as though the desired changes made, has not given a push in its numbers. Imagine, which has lot many shows in the pipeline is looking for an increase in GRPs, and will now end Sarvagunn Sampanna somewhere in the first or second week of October."

We hear that the season 2 of Kitani Mohabbat Hai is scheduled to launch sometime in the second or third week of October, and it will in all probability take the 8.30pm slot of Sarvagunn Sampanna.

Our source tells us Balaji Telefilms has not yet started with the shoot of Kitani Mohabbat Hai. However, it is almost sure that Kitani when ready, will take the 8.30pm slot."

However when we contacted Pooja Bose, the protagonist of Sarvagunn she remained clueless and said, "This is news to me I have not heard about it."

The story track of Sarvagunn will see big revelation with the come back of Karan's wife (Yash Tonk) sometime next week.

We tried calling Saurabh Tewary, Programming Head, Imagine, but did not get through to him.

As for the loyal fans of Kitani Mohabbat Hai, this is indeed good news that they will soon be seeing their favorite jodi of Karan Kundra and Kritika Kamra back on screen yet again.

https://www.in.com/news/entertainment-news/fullstory-sarvagunn-sampanna-makes-way-for-kitani-mohabbat-hai-15645341-1d0017121299ec119548862b1f3b374f50d54f2c-rhp.html

Jetinder thumbnail
http://www.in.com/news/entertainment-news/fullstory-ali-confident-about-his-relationship-with-sara-wants-to-enter-bigg-boss-as-a-wild-card-entry-15802799-714f28dffdd940953bbc67566e98227efd5106b6-rhp.html

Last week, there were lots of drama in the Bigg Boss House and one of them was television actress Sara Khan's sudden negative take on her relationship with beau Ali Merchant. Sara was seen tearing their photos on the reality show and discussing the same with few housemates.

Sara was seen getting closer to another housemate, Bollywood actor, Ashmit Patel. He was seen pacifying her when Sara looked emotionally low. Ali did watch all these on television and he has his own take on the situation.

Everybody wants to know the truth from Ali because Sara is not reachable at this moment. Everyone was curious to know why Sara was crying on Ashmit's shoulder.

Ali Merchant has been seen in shows like 'Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai', 'Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki', 'Amber Dhara', 'Ssssh Koi Hai', 'Do Hanson Ka Jodaa', 'Saath Phere' and 'Mano Ya Na Mano'. However, the actor is having sleepless nights now, as the media is behind him with this question about his relationship with Sara.

The actor was quoted saying that he is very upset about the way things are developing in Bigg Boss 4. He does not want his relationship to be discussed on national television. He added that they have been dating each other since last three-and-a-half years but they never had any major fights. In fact, the couple is in partnership deal in many ventures that they have started together. Ali said that they often partied together, ate out, attended social functions and enjoyed a rocking time.

Sara's beau said that the only major difference between them is Sara is a Sunni Muslim and he is a Shia Muslim but he thinks these are minor issues. Ali is still justifying the acts of his girlfriend by saying that Sara is a very emotional and friendly girl and she is under pressure with all these people around. He said that Sara might be speaking her mind out as she is distressed both emotionally and mentally.

Ali said that he will never want Sara to come out of the Bigg Boss house so early. He would rather love to enter the reality show of Colors through a wild card entry. He thinks Sara is a very innocent girl at 21 but she is a very strong independent woman at the same time. Ali thinks Sara is friendly with everyone but her footage with Ashmit is being highlighted only to add some spice o the show. He has 200 percent faith in his lady love and says nothing is going on between Sara and Ashmit..

Well, is Ali's confidence due to his faith and love for Sara or does he know the fact that all these are just scripted drama to raise the TRPs?

Jetinder thumbnail

Shubhangi Aatre is fit and fine now, and makes her comeback with Sony's Aahat..

Shubhangi Aatre who had to abruptly stop shooting for her Imagine show Do Hanson Ka Jodaa due to her fall from the train that resulted in a severe damage to her pelvic bone makes a comeback with Sony's Aahat. 

The actress is now completely fine, and is eager to get back to work. She has already started shooting for her episodic in Aahat. 

Our source tells us, "Shubhangi plays the innocent and simple orphan Ananya who has a certain strange power. She has this habit of writing whatever she wishes for in her diary, and all of it that she writes comes true. However, the girl is not aware of the magical power that she possesses. She gets into trouble when her boss at her office and co-workers get to know of this power of Ananya". 

We hear that Neeta Shetty also is part of this story. She plays Ananya's office colleague. Anuj who was seen in Behenein will play Anany's love interest. 

When contacted, Shubhangi confirmed the news of her comeback with Aahat but could not talk much as she was busy shooting for the show. 

The story featuring Shubhangi will be aired in the first week of November.