Fighting crime (SAKSHI TANWAR)

muaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Fighting crime

PriyankaPereira
Posted: Feb 12, 2010 at 1527 hrs IST

Sakshi Tanwar
Television's much-adored Parvati bhabhi is now helping people fight against crime through Crime Patrol

You are donning a whole new avatar for your new show Crime Patrol. How does it feel doing something so different on television?
It feels great to be back on TV after a hiatus. With Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, I connected with the audience as Parvati bhabhi but with Crime Patrol, I am connecting with the audience on a personal level. The response has been encouraging. I am enjoying this new avatar.

Did you make a deliberate effort to style yourself differently from your earlier roles?
The look and feel of Crime Patrol is simple and realistic. So I have to look approachable and one among the people. This is such a platform where one cannot be wearing over-the-top make-up and looking glamorous. Yet there is a little styling done, so that I do not look grim because the show itself deals with the harsh realities of life.

Why did you take so long to make a comeback to TV?
I was using this time to grow professionally as I was working as a creative head for a show called Samman: Ek Adhikar. The experience was fulfilling.

What attracted you to this show, which is based on heinous crimes?
Even though the show presents crime Anoop Soni and I try and educate the audience who are watching the show about them. Also, the show seemed like a perfect opportunity to connect with all those people who loved me as Parvati bhabhi.

How strongly did you feel for the victims during the shoot of this show?
Before we started shooting for Crime Patrol,we were shown (at a stretch) the police footage of the crimes that were to be presented during the first few episodes. The crimes committed were so horrifying that it shook me to the core and it took some time to come out of the shock, but now we have decided not to watch the police footages at one go.

Do you feel that crime shows have become a must under the current scenario?
According to me, there are a lot of facts that need to be kept in mind while broadcasting crime shows, which is why I think there needs to be a lot of honesty involved as far as the content of the show is concerned and the way it is presented. With Crime Patrol, we get the details of the cases through the police, which means there is no scope of making things up.

When you play a character like that of Parvati for eight years, you start living it. Wasn't it difficult then to get out of that mode?
On the other hand, my character of Parvati helped me when it came to shooting for Crime Patrol. As the hosts, we interact with the friends and relatives of victims and since Parvati bhabhi was loved immensely by the people, this entire exercise is made easier as they treat me as part of their families.

You acted in a movie called Coffee House. Any more films in the pipeline?

I will be seen next in a movie called Saloon in which I play a very unique character. It will be new for me as well as the audiences.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/fighting-crime/577706/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

winner13 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Thanks for the article Bushra... love Saakshi's new look... its simple and stylish, she's looking really good...😃 both she and Anoop are doing a great job...👏 👏👏 great to see Saakshi back on T.V. again... 😳