Fan Fictions

General Complaints Thread... - Page 10

SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 13 years ago
^ It has been taken care of.  Thanks so much!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

myownarea thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have been reading a few ffs where the writer has mentioned that the story is inspired by XYZ novel but I notice that the FFs are being copied down word to word except for the change in name of characters and some very very minor changes, is this acceptable? Wouldnt it be more appropriate if the writer clearly mentions that it has been taken from XYZ novel? or is this allowed at all?
nidha1983 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: myownarea

I have been reading a few ffs where the writer has mentioned that the story is inspired by XYZ novel but I notice that the FFs are being copied down word to word except for the change in name of characters and some very very minor changes, is this acceptable? Wouldnt it be more appropriate if the writer clearly mentions that it has been taken from XYZ novel? or is this allowed at all?

No its not post links of Novel & ff
Divya  - That's clear plagiarism and it's unacceptable!

I honestly think the DT team of this forum should be more active. ðŸ˜³

x x
kashishk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Ansh_Arti

Divya  - That's clear plagiarism and it's unacceptable!

I honestly think the DT team of this forum should be more active. ðŸ˜³

x x

Hey dear,
I know they should be more active but they have another life too beside IF . Moreover there are now only two mods left on FF section. So I think we have to help :D

Luv u<333
Kashish
^^Kashish - I do understand the fact that they have a life outside I-F but they have volunteered themselves to take the in charge of this forum, so I think they should be more active!

Anyway, let's not go off the topic :)

x x
SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Divya, that is completely unacceptable.  Please post the links here so I can take care of it. 

Zoah, currently I am the only active DT member, and I'm also a full time medical student.  I admit that I'm not as active as I would like to be, but I think that your complaint is not warranted for this situation.  Even if I were the most active DT member on IF, there's no way I would be able to read EVERY fan fiction and compare it against every story ever written and every movie ever produced.  There's a reason for this thread.  I welcome anyone who finds instances of plagiarism to post them here so that I can take care of them.  If you look though this thread, you won't find even a single complaint that I haven't taken care of.  If you expect me to be doing more to stop plagiarism, then please, tell me what I should do.  And next time, I would appreciate it if you first PMed me your complaints regarding my moderating before posting them in a topic, especially one where they are not relevant.  Thank you.

Edited by SuhanaSafar - 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: SuhanaSafar

Divya, that is completely unacceptable.  Please post the links here so I can take care of it. 

Zoah, currently I am the only active DT member, and I'm also a full time medical student.  I admit that I'm not as active as I would like to be, but I think that your complaint is not warranted for this situation.  Even if I were the most active DT member on IF, there's no way I would be able to read EVERY fan fiction and compare it against every story ever written and every movie ever produced.  There's a reason for this thread.  I welcome anyone who finds instances of plagiarism to post them here so that I can take care of them.  If you look though this thread, you won't find even a single complaint that I haven't taken care of.  If you expect me to be doing more to stop plagiarism, then please, tell me what I should do.  And next time, I would appreciate it if you first PMed me your complaints regarding my moderating before posting them in a topic, especially one where they are not relevant.  Thank you.

Sent you a PM!!
Do check 😃

x x
myownarea thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1430585

this one is a word by word copy of "I do " by elizabeth chandler

mayur-ani thumbnail
Hey, Ive been reading here since quite sometime. There are many stories that are direct word to word copy of some famous books. I thought this was allowed. Bt then one day landed up in this thread.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1421175

This one is copy of 'The bride's proposition' by Day Leclaire.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1445614&TPN=4

This ff is full word to word copy of 'Bet Me' by Jennifer Crusie. Only the character names are changed.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1472115&TPN=4

This one is copy of 'The Cinderella Deal' by Jeniffer Crusie.

All these r bythe same person who has written the story mentioned by myownarea. I dunno if this is allowed but arent these books copyright protected? Arent these rights violated? Or is the forum allowing it?