Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nmyra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Why not name these members straight out? Writers deserve to know.
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
The DT can only do so much.. We can ban members but they come back using a different IP address. The IP address glitch is something the members need to bring up to Vijay...
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3462353
I have made this thread to lay out in the open what plagiarism means. I was wondering if we could pin this. It was made with the mind to educate the forum people about plagiarism. There is too much of shit going on and its time we took a step forward to pretect our work
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Stickied. But as you've stated in the thread itself, the moment it goes out of hand.. I'm locking it, raising WLs and that'll be that.
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yes, I understand. Thank You :)
Nmyra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
@AJ - Last Time this issue came up  - http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2920210 and http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2919096&TPN=13 came up and were used to try to garner Vijay's attention.This was a year ago.

Since then - Writers such as Munchy, ReyaBear, HeadoverHeels and countless others have been forced to pull there work due to the lack of writer support they have encountered. I think I speak for more than just me when I ask - How are we supposed to get Vijay's attention? Is it possible for you guys to set up a meeting?
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
This was the member that plagiarised my story:

Also there should be some sort of rule that members without having posted anything for a certain duration of time will be removed.

Seriously I think it's high time Vijay takes this thing a bit more seriously. 
He made the NOCOPY thing, and then realised that it only extended to as far as the first page and that things could still be copied through the right click button - yet he hasn't done anything about it!
There are codes etc which can stop a person from even right-clicking and copying stuff - why not do such things?

Sorry to take out my frustration at you, Jot, but honestly this is stretching it a bit too far now. 
Plagiarising my story, posting it on another website, and then allowing that member to continue to read our stories leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. 

Mature content and blog links aren't hurting anyone - this stuff actually does.
But it's the content and blog links which have such strict rules implemented on them, and hardly anything on plagiarism. IF sure has their priorities sorted, don't they?
Edited by Krani - 11 years ago
MishtyShah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Krani

This was the member that plagiarised my story:

Also there should be some sort of rule that members without having posted anything for a certain duration of time will be removed.

Seriously I think it's high time Vijay takes this thing a bit more seriously. 
He made the NOCOPY thing, and then realised that it only extended to as far as the first page and that things could still be copied through the right click button - yet he hasn't done anything about it!
There are codes etc which can stop a person from even right-clicking and copying stuff - why not do such things?

Sorry to take out my frustration at you, Jot, but honestly this is stretching it a bit too far now. 
Plagiarising my story, posting it on another website, and then allowing that member to continue to read our stories leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. 

Mature content and blog links aren't hurting anyone - this stuff actually does.
But it's the content and blog links which have such strict rules implemented on them, and hardly anything on plagiarism. IF sure has their priorities sorted, don't they?

I agree with Krani. Plagarising is not being taken seriously on India Forums, but the new rules on about Blog Links and Mature Content are?

To be honest with you, our work, that we put our hours into, is not safe on India Forums. We don't want people to plagiarize our work. Someone should really look into this. Lots of writer's have left. Heck - I have left. It's really becoming a nuisance now and someone should really look into it. 

Edited by MishtyShah - 11 years ago
yaqeen. thumbnail

Uff.. plagiarism matter is getting intense. ðŸ˜³

I will also advise to ban those ID's who just created new ones to post some one else story and no doubt, they are one of your reader!  and a member get confused when Newbies, who created an ID just a day or two before are posting stories!! Because as a new Member of IF.. only after some days, months and even years. you get to actually know how to post a Fiction and all. 

Hope this problem will be solved soon! ðŸ˜³

Edited by -Alina. - 11 years ago
.Sandy. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
hello 

can i post my blog link here

as i am facing some problem while updating plzzz
Edited by sandy1 - 11 years ago