Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lazyleaves thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
^Thank you so much :-) and a hug for the immediate response :-)

I will let you know
AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Angie,
I got a few suggestions and stuff, can I PM them too you - I'll just do that within two weeks plus I found some popular fictions here which are total rip offs or just plain plaigiarised stuff and the sad thing is that they're popular so to avoid what happened the last time, I think I'll be tad more comfortable PMing the links to you, Okay? 
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: AraBearxx

Hey Angie,

I got a few suggestions and stuff, can I PM them too you - I'll just do that within two weeks plus I found some popular fictions here which are total rip offs or just plain plaigiarised stuff and the sad thing is that they're popular so to avoid what happened the last time, I think I'll be tad more comfortable PMing the links to you, Okay? 

Wouldn't it be better to post it here so everyone is aware of such authors?
AraBearxo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nmyra

@AJ - Last Time this issue came up  - http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2920210 and http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2919096&TPN=13 came up and were used to try to garner Vijay's attention.This was a year ago.

Since then - Writers such as Munchy, ReyaBear, HeadoverHeels and countless others have been forced to pull there work due to the lack of writer support they have encountered. I think I speak for more than just me when I ask - How are we supposed to get Vijay's attention? Is it possible for you guys to set up a meeting?

Nymra- I think I read ur works :) But yeah I remember the authors, fab work. my work was sadly plagiarised like months. Honestly speaking I'm pulling all of my fan fictions off - their just a chapter or two but still. 

@AJ- Why can't we have serious punishments, I have tot of some, in the mean time can you refer to other FF publishing sites like One Direction Fanfics and the strict plagiarising rules there. I know this wil sound rude but I have exams and I don't really get the time to type everything out but as I said earlier I will type everything out and PM you.

Secondly, many users ae quitting IF. Mod problems are too frequent or they find faults, I wanna join the dev team, maybe to help around a bit. Any clue how I can do that or get Vijay's attention where I can tell him about the changes he could make.

PS Can we have Beta readers, IF mostly works on the concept that they story should be readable while the style, grammar etc can be as atrocious as it get -or it did a year ago while I was V E R Y active here- can you check if we can have beta readers? One of the things I recommend here :)
AraBearxo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Krani

Wouldn't it be better to post it here so everyone is aware of such authors?

Krani- I want a public HALL OF SHAME - the thread stikied in the FF forum page. I want stricter rules and the mods to publicise the accused. I want alot when will I start telling the mods. I think it will be better.

I am attached to IF, even after a year of being inactive I spend hours thinking how I could help make this a better place but then . . *sigh* 
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: AraBearxx

Krani- I want a public HALL OF SHAME - the thread stikied in the FF forum page. I want stricter rules and the mods to publicise the accused. I want alot when will I start telling the mods. I think it will be better.

I am attached to IF, even after a year of being inactive I spend hours thinking how I could help make this a better place but then . . *sigh* 

I just read your above post and agreed to that as well. 

Yup, beta readers and hall of shame are a must because that will create in the writer's mind to not have that black mark on them forever. 
Also it makes readers aware of who are the plagiarisers. 

AraBearxo thumbnail

This was the member that plagiarised my story:

Also there should be some sort of rule that members without having posted anything for a certain duration of time will be removed.

Seriously I think it's high time Vijay takes this thing a bit more seriously. 
He made the NOCOPY thing, and then realised that it only extended to as far as the first page and that things could still be copied through the right click button - yet he hasn't done anything about it!
There are codes etc which can stop a person from even right-clicking and copying stuff - why not do such things?

Sorry to take out my frustration at you, Jot, but honestly this is stretching it a bit too far now. 
Plagiarising my story, posting it on another website, and then allowing that member to continue to read our stories leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. 

Mature content and blog links aren't hurting anyone - this stuff actually does.
But it's the content and blog links which have such strict rules implemented on them, and hardly anything on plagiarism. IF sure has their priorities sorted, don't they?

Those codes don't work! disconnect ur net and u can copy, make a newbie ID and do the same. Vijay can 'redesign' the forum, there r mature users here! Treating everyone like new teens isnt fair, filter the content via age groups!
AraBearxo thumbnail

I just read your above post and agreed to that as well. 

Yup, beta readers and hall of shame are a must because that will create in the writer's mind to not have that black mark on them forever. 
Also it makes readers aware of who are the plagiarisers. 

What about introducing a monthy award for ongoing/ completed works, that could help! 

The main fault I find with this forum. Sorry Jot ur a true angel but I gotta say this, thy are lineant-too lineant. I dunno- there is no serious action thus no one cares. People have the audacity to copy paste published printed works- truly says :(
AraBearxo thumbnail
Anyways Jot, I plan to shower Vijay with PM's. I'll do the same to you LOL. Anyone else in this forum that I have to PM wiw my suggestions?
lazyleaves thumbnail
^There is already a thread that appreciates the ongoing works. It is called fanfiction in the spotlight :-) They have recently restarted it and have already appreciated 3 stories. I don't know when the 4th one will come

As far as becoming a DT is concerned, A.J has answered that question only a couple of pages back in this thread :-)

Hall of Shame sounds good. But they can always come back with a new ID :'(