General Complaints Thread... - Page 9

Posted: 13 years ago
I have a small but important question:

Are we allowed to base FF's on movies?

Because I was thinking to make an Abhi-Nikki ff based on the movie "Tara Rum Pum" starring Rani Mukherji and Saif Ali Khan. The storyline will have variations, especially the ending, but instead on Saif and Rani, there will be Abhi and Nikki.

Am I allowed to do that? I will claim at the beginning that the story is basically the same as the movie.

Just making sure!

Sheena
😃
^ Yes, that is fine as long as you give credit.  But please don't copy dialogues word for word.
Originally posted by SuhanaSafar

^ Yes, that is fine as long as you give credit. But please don't copy dialogues word for word.

Thanks! But what if there is one popular dialogue that the character says a lot? Am I allowed to use that?
Hey! This following FF is a complete copy of The Texus Bride by Mary Burton. Only the first chap is up because this user (Sanjana Shah) has just started it but her whole first chap is word for word from the book.

FF: http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1440499

Love,
*Jot*
Edited by Angad-Kripa#1 - 13 years ago
Thanks Jot.  It has been taken care of.
actually i had a doubt.....what if the entire concept is copied word to word from a movie...and there is no acclamation that it was copied?
i dont know if the scenes are copied too....but one person has copied the entire concept from the movie without stating that this was inspired from  this movie and so...

so is this ff plagiarized?

Kindly answer...

Love,
Mahak
^ Mahek, copying dialogues word for word is plagiarism of the worst kind that is not allowed in this section PERIOD.  So if that's the case, the fan fiction should be closed.  If only the concept is copied but written in the writer's own words, it is essential that the writer credit the movie.  Please give me the link of the FF so I can take action and make sure that proper credit is given where it is due.  Thank you.

hiii

i have a doubt....
if we just take the base of certain show..and build up the story ourselves is it plagiarism too??
i hope  u clear it
thanxx
tc
griffy
^ No, that's not plagiarism.  That's the definition of a Fan Fiction.
hey this story is a word to word copy of a an edward/bella ff on FF.net.

The links to both stories:

copied:

original: