Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: lazyleaves

^There is already a thread that appreciates the ongoing works. It is called fanfiction in the spotlight :-) They have recently restarted it and have already appreciated 3 stories. I don't know when the 4th one will come

As far as becoming a DT is concerned, A.J has answered that question only a couple of pages back in this thread :-)

Hall of Shame sounds good. But they can always come back with a new ID :'(

Okay - Link to it? 

but tht would mean restarting all over again and IF should have stricter rules for newbies! 
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

^There is already a thread that appreciates the ongoing works. It is called fanfiction in the spotlight :-) They have recently restarted it and have already appreciated 3 stories. I don't know when the 4th one will come

As far as becoming a DT is concerned, A.J has answered that question only a couple of pages back in this thread :-)

Hall of Shame sounds good. But they can always come back with a new ID :'(

Not if IF continues to crack down on the IP-adress thing and getting rid of MID's. 

I've also raised an issue of newbies who have not posted anything for the past few years and it's obvious they are not going to - I think that there should be a time limit, and if a newbie is not active and not posting their account gets suspended. 

Strict punishments need to be carried out. 
AraBearxo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krani

Not if IF continues to crack down on the IP-adress thing and getting rid of MID's. 

I've also raised an issue of newbies who have not posted anything for the past few years and it's obvious they are not going to - I think that there should be a time limit, and if a newbie is not active and not posting their account gets suspended. 

I agree with you. They delete ID's with multiple IF adresses. Our PKYEK2 Forum Fanfic ID got deleted for the above reason :(

True! They need to have stricter rules! 

Any site works on the number of views it gets but . . 
lazyleaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krani

Even if they are able to crack the IP address thing, they can still make new accounts here. For eg, I have a laptop, a desktop and two mobiles in my home with which I can access IF. Which all will they ban?

You know what happened with me recently? This happened on one of my general post and another on my story thread. Newbies (All IDs belonging to the same person) posted random rubbish on the threads (The DT have dealt with that already) and they have been doing that on other threads as well. In order to be 'active' they are resorting to this :(

I just hope we get some solutions for this :(

Also, I came across a bitter truth on the internet - the moment you publish something on the net, be prepared for plagiarism because every code has an anit code :(
lazyleaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: AraBearxx

Okay - Link to it? 

but tht would mean restarting all over again and IF should have stricter rules for newbies! 

Link to the fanfictions in the spotlight?

Give me 5 mins to find those :)

Members at a higher IF ladder too plagiarise, why just categorise the newbies?
AraBearxo thumbnail

Link to the fanfictions in the spotlight?

Give me 5 mins to find those :)

Members at a higher IF ladder too plagiarise, why just categorise the newbies?

Somone said that they will make new ID's - thus will start all over again.

Sad but true, my FF was PLGRIZD by a ziddler. . 

I'm fed up of typing the ;P; wrd   "(
lazyleaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: AraBearxx

Somone said that they will make new ID's - thus will start all over again.

Sad but true, my FF was PLGRIZD by a ziddler. . 

I'm fed up of typing the ;P; wrd   "(

Ha ha.I can understand the frustration :D

My general post on IPK was copied on myeduniya under the username 'lazyleaves' So now along with a plagiariser I have to deal with an imposter too. I have kept three of my stories on hiatus till the person doesn't own up!
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
You know there's only so much that can be done when it comes to plagiarism as I've stated so many times before.

If we are notified of content that is plagiarized.. the plagiarizer is asked to remove the content immediately. And if need be, or if it is possible, he/she will also be required to apologize to the original author - publicly or by PM.. however the author wants it. If the plagiarizer refuses to acknowledge that they have plagiarized, the DT removes the content themselves and locks the thread. Based on the attitude and situation, the DT also can and will raise the warning level of the member.

If a story is completely plagiarized, the member is given a 3 days to a weeks notice before the entire thread is trashed and their warning level is raised.

And I think the reason why members plagiarize is because of their inability to write out a particular scene or to come up with an idea. What they don't understand is that creativity varies from person to person. What one person considers creative may not be what others consider creative so by copying others work, they're not doing anyone any good. Not even themselves. =/ Or another issue is their fluency of the English language. For majority of us, including myself, English is not our first language but we just happened to be born and brought up in countries that are English speaking. But some people don't have that comfort and they seek other methods of putting forth their creativity..

I think we should have a thread where writers can request other members to write out a particular scene for them if they're having trouble. Or to answer any questions. Just a writer to writer kind of thread thing.. if that makes sense. XD
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

You know there's only so much that can be done when it comes to plagiarism as I've stated so many times before.

If we are notified of content that is plagiarized.. the plagiarizer is asked to remove the content immediately. And if need be, or if it is possible, he/she will also be required to apologize to the original author - publicly or by PM.. however the author wants it. If the plagiarizer refuses to acknowledge that they have plagiarized, the DT removes the content themselves and locks the thread. Based on the attitude and situation, the DT also can and will raise the warning level of the member.

If a story is completely plagiarized, the member is given a 3 days to a weeks notice before the entire thread is trashed and their warning level is raised.

And I think the reason why members plagiarize is because of their inability to write out a particular scene or to come up with an idea. What they don't understand is that creativity varies from person to person. What one person considers creative may not be what others consider creative so by copying others work, they're not doing anyone any good. Not even themselves. =/ Or another issue is their fluency of the English language. For majority of us, including myself, English is not our first language but we just happened to be born and brought up in countries that are English speaking. But some people don't have that comfort and they seek other methods of putting forth their creativity..

I think we should have a thread where writers can request other members to write out a particular scene for them if they're having trouble. Or to answer any questions. Just a writer to writer kind of thread thing.. if that makes sense. XD

LOOL but then wont the writers have to read the story of the other writer, just to get the gist of the characters? 😆