Fan Fictions

General Complaints Thread... - Page 91

Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
Well, I'm sure the author could describe the characters enough for us to get an idea. XD Won't hurt to try. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Angel-Jot.

Well, I'm sure the author could describe the characters enough for us to get an idea. XD Won't hurt to try. 

I'll contribute in whatever silly way I can 😆
MishtyShah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Hey, AJ

See, I think that we should have a specific thread where we select some writers from forum. Some that are known, and some volunteers. So that could be me, Appy_indy, Lazy leaves, Shraddha, Mrinalini, Gazal. These are just some potential writers.

This thread would enable other writers, newbies or just professional writers to ask any questions from our volunteers. So if they are having any problem with writing a particular scene, then they could share the difficult points and the writers could help them. Or say if they are confused on a particular concept, then they can discuss it with another writer from the list above. 

It would be aiming to solve issues that new writers are having about their stories, and to still promote originality. It shouldn't be about writers writing that scene for them, I mean they could if they want to, but they should promote the actual writer to write it from their perspective. 

Let me know, if you like the concept. 

Love, 

Mishty
reflorated thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: MishtyShah

Hey, AJ

See, I think that we should have a specific thread where we select some writers from forum. Some that are known, and some volunteers. So that could be me, Appy_indy, Lazy leaves, Shraddha, Mrinalini, Gazal. These are just some potential writers.

This thread would enable other writers, newbies or just professional writers to ask any questions from our volunteers. So if they are having any problem with writing a particular scene, then they could share the difficult points and the writers could help them. Or say if they are confused on a particular concept, then they can discuss it with another writer from the list above. 

It would be aiming to solve issues that new writers are having about their stories, and to still promote originality. It shouldn't be about writers writing that scene for them, I mean they could if they want to, but they should promote the actual writer to write it from their perspective. 

Love, 

Mishty

I don't agreee with the volunteers part. How about the writers leave their question on the thread, and whoever can answer their question does answer. The writer canchoose whatever point makes sense to him and write out the update, asking for help if needed. :)

-Vee
BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: MishtyShah

Hey, AJ

Love, 

Mishty

If I remember correctly, there was a thread on FanFiction forum a while back that had a similar concept. I lost track of what happened to it, but maybe the mods could revive it, and make it accessible more easily?

Or the thread might have only been for writers struggling with writers block.

Either way, if there are people who can volunteer full-time, that's great. I hope the volunteers would be screened, much like the mods are for their positions, to make sure they are capable of providing good feedback. If not, it should be left open for general IF writers reply to.
Edited by BlueMystique - 11 years ago
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
There is a thread for writers block. You can find the link through one of the threads - I guess the MODs could make it more accessible by making it front-page sticky, however that would crowd up the space and other important topics would need to be removed. 

Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Jot, you know how you said that with plagiarisers you only increase their warning levels? 

My question to you is why such a mediocre punishment? Why not just suspend their account or something? That sends out a stronger message and might make people think twice before plagiarising. 

lazyleaves thumbnail
^That was a sticky thread for months before it was un-sticked because not many visited that :-)Edited by lazyleaves - 11 years ago
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I felt like that thread was just for writers block. Not as broad as what we're discussing right now. We could replace that with this idea.. The writer to writer kinda thing. And I think we should just leave it open to whoever wants to help out. Plus, the writers block thread was stickied for a long time but as Z mentioned, not many visited that thread and I had more important threads that needed to be up there..

Krani, for now.. We can only raise warning levels. Banning a member would only happen when they've had their warning level raised 3 times..
reflorated thumbnail
Jot - I think the writer to writer thing is a great idea! But it should be left open for everybody to jump in and discuss. By restricting it to a few volunteers, we restrict our thinking capabilites.

😃

About the plagiarism thing, can the mods come together with Vijay or somebody so that stricter punishment is implemented to plagiarisers? :)