All the discussion about Ragini's new show - HERE

-Nadii- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hey Guys

All discussion about Ragini's new show, can be discussed here, until the forum opens😳
then it will be moved there😳

Everything from promos, pics, videos, siggies etc

Love Nadia

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nadii- thumbnail
Sasural Genda Phool from March 1st at 7.30 PM..14
Sasural Genda Phool will launch on 1st March at the 7.30 PM slot on Star Plus...
Mohit Malhotra hops from Shivaji Park to Sasural Genda Phool..8
Mohit Malhotra who was almost finalized to take up a meaty role in COLORS upcoming show, will now be seen in Star Plus' Sasural Genda Phool..
Bhairavi, Anita Kanwal, Sooraj Thapar in Sasural Genda Phool..15
Sasural Genda Phool, the upcoming show on Star Plus, which is an adaptation of a Bengali show will have more big names..
Jay Soni bags lead role27
Jay Soni bags the lead role in Star Plus' upcoming show tentatively titled Sasural Genda Phool…

wowwwwwwwwww thnxx alottt cant wait for shona neww show;)Edited by sukirtiprincess - 14 years ago
Armu4eva thumbnail

Another soap opera goes on the air

Madhur Tankha

A rich spoilt girl gets married into a conservative family

Photo: Anu Pushkarna

Brand new: Veteran actor Sudhir Pandey (right) and Ragini Khanna during the press conference of 'Sasural Genda Phool' in the Capital on Thursday.

NEW DELHI: Star Plus channel's latest soap opera "Sasural Genda Phool" revolving around the life of a rich spoilt girl who gets married into a conservative family goes on air from March 1.

The serial is a light-hearted story of Suhana (Ragini Khanna) who loses her mother at the tender age of five and grows up under the shadow of an indulgent father, essayed by Mahesh Thakur. The doting dad agrees to her every whim and fancy.

However, he wants her to marry Ishaan, an Information Technology professional. After much dilly-dallying, Suhana agrees to tie the knot with Ishaan, who comes from a conservative family. This is in contrast to her own liberal, upper-class upbringing.

An amalgamation

According to scriptwriter Mitali Bhattacharya, the serial is an amalgamation of her observation of today's new generation and her creative imagination.

"I have a 21-year-old son at home and I interact with a lot of young people living in the city. The character of Suhana has some facets of these youngsters and I have used my own imagination to make her interesting."

Though Suhana breaks expensive crockery and shouts at servants, the scriptwriter insists that she is not a bad girl.

"In fact she has a heart of gold. She understands the meaning of a relationship and what it means to become a member of a new family after getting married," said Mitali, at a press conference here on Thursday.

As for the accusation that the serial's title has been borrowed from Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra's "Dilli 6", Star Plus head content strategy Gaurav Banerjee said it was purely co-incidental.

"We have not deliberately lifted the title from the Bollywood movie. The title was catchy and we thought it would increase the curiosity level of the viewers. Though the A. R. Rehman's song was quite popular in 'Dilli 6', it is actually a folk song. When I was growing up in Madhya Pradesh it was quite popular. As for the copyright violation, we have taken all necessary permission," he adds.

Completely different

On the charge that the serial has been adapted from a serial "Ogo Bondhu Sundori" on Star Plus Bengali channel, Gaurav said it was a successful serial in West Bengal and the story has been replicated in the Hindi serial with changes in the characters of the star cast.

Ragini Khanna, who was selected for the role through an audition conducted by producer Ravi Ojha, said her role was completely different from her character in her earlier serial "Bhaskar Bharti".

"In that serial I was shown as a man who gets transformed into a woman. So the two characters cannot be identical by any stretch of imagination."

The serial also stars veteran actor Sudhir Pandey as a 75-year-old grandfather who is full of beans.

"I am the family's patriarch who shares a funny relationship with my wife Gayatri. The duo provides comic relief as they are constantly sparring with each other."

Launch of Genda Phool @ Hotel Oberoi, Delhi on 18th Feb ,2010

Edited by Armu4eva - 14 years ago
-Ami- thumbnail
Eeee! Thanks for this Nadii! I'm so excited for this show to start. The promo's already have a me hooked!! I'm already in love with Ragz. *sigh* And the boy in the promo is good looking too. =P
Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ragini Khanna to make her Bollywood debut

Ragini Khanna of Bhaskar Bharti fame is back to work with
STAR Plus' new show Sasural Genda Phool. In the show she plays the female lead character Suhana, who gets married to Ishaan played by Jay Soni. Besides this role, Ragini will also make her Bollywood debut.

We heard that you are making your Bollywood debut, is that true?
"Yes, I have taken on a film project, which should start rolling soon. It is too early to reveal my character's name and my co-actors, as very soon there would be a formal announcement. I play the leading lady of the film."

What is your uncle, Govinda's reaction?
"He is happy with my decision to move up the ladder. It's a natural progression for an actor these days..."

Has your uncle ever advised you on your career and life?
"No, he never sat me down one afternoon to tip me on life, movies and career progression. However, we talk quite often. I tell him everything that is happening in my life. At times, he gets nostalgic and shares his growing up stories with me. There is a lot to learn from his past experiences."

Would you quit TV for movies now?
"No. If Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and other big stars can do films and TV shows simultaneously, why cant I..?. I can dabble in both. I will sail through."

Now, in your new show Sasural Genda...what is your character like?
"I am playing a motherless girl, Suhana, who is spoilt. Her father, who can do anything to see a smile on her face, brings her up. It's a fun character. Initially, she has money to throw around but she eventually marries a middle class guy. Suhana is temperamental; she smiles and gets angry in seconds. She thinks she can dictate to the world."

Coming back to your cousin Narmada, who is also debuting in films, so is there a competition in the family?
"No, no. There is no competition with her. We are two different planes and are as different from each other as pasta and daal-chawal and now don't ask me who's who..."

Coming back to your show, you are working with Supriya Pilgaonkar, your mother in your first show, Radha ki Betiyaan..?
"I still have to shoot with Supriyaji. I have grown up watching her show Tu Tu Main Main. She has taught me a lot on our first show together. So, now again, I am eagerly waiting to shoot with her."

Accha......there's just one week left for Sasural Genda Phool to come on air but why is the forum of SGP still not created????😒
cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee Article
Dew-drop thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Jay Soni speaks on his new show Sasural Genda Phool

We all remember Jigar, a medical student and the son of Arvind Thakkar of Star Plus' Baa, Bahu aur Baby, he is now playing the main lead in Star Plus' upcoming show Sasural Genda Phool.

We spoke to Jay, who was boarding a flight, about his role and more.

"I am happy that finally I am playing the male lead and that also for Star channel. My character is a very cool dude but at same time he believes in family values. My character's name is Ishaan, who is a computer engineer and knows what his responsibility is. His family lives in Old Delhi where the pin code is 6 i.e. Delhi 6 but its not similar to Delhi 6 film."

Further he told us, "He later on gets married to bubbly and straightforward girl Suhana (Ragini Khanna).The concept of the show is very good and it's unique. I went for an audition for this role and I got selected, up till now it's a beautiful journey," says Jay.

How is it working with actors like Sudhir Pandey, Sooraj Thapar, Shruti Ulfat..? and he says, "Its a great learning experience from them. I am fortunate enough to be part of such a good star cast who are seniors to me."

You recently shot in Sikkim for the show?

"Yes and frankly speaking it was quite chilling over there as the temperature was -4 degree celsius. It was a nerve wracking experience. Everywhere it was snow and the sequence with Ragini and me has been shot very well. I think it's the first time in any Hindi serial, we have shot in Sikkim, which is completely unique and I am hoping that even the audiences will love this sequence and our chemistry."

The actor is hoping high for this show as the show is launching on Holi, the festival which is full of colours and happiness, similarly this show should have the same impact.

Armu4eva thumbnail
Wow yaar.. i really hope what he says comes true.. as in ppl do like the show.. n hopefully Ragz n his chemistry clicks..!! My best wishes to Jay & Ragz.. 👍🏼

Thanx for posting ..shabz 🤗